Khan Academy passages vs. Others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nolookpass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be taking the MCAT in January. I've completed content for Physics, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Biology (first part physiology). I've done all the TBR passages for these four subjects. Currently, I'm doing content review for Biochem and Psych/Socio. I'm doing TBR practice passages/Khan Academy passages for biochem and will do Khan Academy passages fro Psych/Socio.

After doing all this, I'll still have time to do more passages so I was wondering are the Khan Academy passages for Physics, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry worth doing. I hear good things about the Psych/Socio and Biology passages, but am not sure about the Physics, Chem, OC passages on Khan. Should I do the Khan passages or Princeton's science workbook passages?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do both. If you've gone through BR they are honestly your best remaining source for practice. Go through FL's as well( I don't recommend cramming all of them at the end like many people do): EK, anything AAMC related(the old exams are good for bio and verbal practice), Next Step, and the BR full lengths are all very solid practice and that's over a dozen FL's right there and probably over 300 additional practice passages.

Do both. If you've gone through BR they are honestly your best remaining source for practice. Go through FL's as well( I don't recommend cramming all of them at the end like many people do): EK, anything AAMC related(the old exams are good for bio and verbal practice), Next Step, and the BR full lengths are all very solid practice and that's over a dozen FL's right there and probably over 300 additional practice passages.

I'm definitely considering doing both the Khan passages and TPR science work book. However this may sound lazy, but it's the truth, after doing basically all TBR passages my head is starting to feel like mush and I don't want to overload with all these other sources. Therefore I'd prefer just picking one of Khan or Princeton, but I may just do both.

I know everyone says don't do it but do you recommend going over TBR questions that I've already done? I have forgotten some of then (especially after doing so many). Also you seem to help on almost every thread which is really appreciated so how would you rank the practice material if you could?