Khan Academy practice passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frodo25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they any good? Should I do these?

Members don't see this ad.

I find they're a bit inconsistent in form, but I enjoy having more practice questions. I'd recommend them.

By that I mean I've had some psychology questions that ask strictly about specific terms (one earlier was 4 options similar to Meissner corpuscle and Pacinian corpuscle), which I had not seen before. While on the other hand I had a question with 3 choices that were basically nonsensical.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they made by the AAMC? I know Khan is teamed up with AAMC

The AAMC didn't make them, Khan Academy made them and the AAMC reviewed all the questions to make sure it reflected the correct content and stuff. Yeah, some of the questions are kind of out there, but I think it's awesome that it's free and gives you an idea of how the new test is formatted and getting used to reading the passages! Some are pretty interesting.

I'd say about 3/4 of the passages I've done so far have been good quality and resembling of the later AAMC exams. Some require extraneous information to get to an answer but most those are in the form of their FS questions at the end of a video section. All in all, I'd say it's good practice.