Killing it at a top 10 Pharmacy Scool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1CE K

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
... with a strong 2.8 GPA, what's up?

I don't even study. No joke. I cram 2 days leading up to the exam and obviously study the day of the exam for that safety net.

Why are people busting their brains trying to get a high GPA? Do they think their all getting a residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Top 10 according to who?

Reactions: 1 user
.Do they think their all getting a residency?

No surprise there. Besides, you just need a 2.7 GPA to get accepted to a pharmacy school nowadays.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I don't even study. No joke. I cram 2 days leading up to the exam and obviously study the day of the exam for that safety net.

Why are people busting their brains trying to get a high GPA? Do they think their all getting a residency?
#1 a 2.8 isn't a strong GPA.
#2 what do you think studying is?

No surprise there. Besides, you just need a 2.7 GPA to get accepted to a pharmacy school nowadays.

LOL that's all i saw in his post like

images

My school offers a dean's scholarship for people with a 3.75 or above, so that's why I try harder

TOP TEN pharmacy school... what does that even mean? Its like comparing grocery stores to each other. You basically get the same crap, just different prices.

You're cramming that much and only getting C's? Do you even have a short term memory?

In today's world your GPA means very little. What's more important is how much you owe (or don't owe) on student loans. That's the number you should be focusing on.

In today's world your GPA means very little. What's more important is how much you owe (or don't owe) on student loans. That's the number you should be focusing on.

Plus... Your paycheck... :p

I don't consider a 2.8 "killing it."

Reactions: 3 users
You're cramming that much and only getting C's? Do you even have a short term memory?

Hah, 2 days of cramming for 4 weeks of material at a top 10 school = killing it.

You must go to a school in the top 150.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah, 2 days of cramming for 4 weeks of material at a top 10 school = killing it.

I graduated from a school ranked in the 70's, but I make a hundred thousand dollars more than you per year. Enjoy your 2.8 GPA.

oh boy, this is turning into a dick sizing thread again

[ ] killing it
[ ] at a top 10 school
[x] with a 2.8 GPA

Reactions: 7 users
I crammed 2 days befor the exam and graduated with a 3.9 + GPA

I'm curious... don't some schools basically do a pass or fail? So shouldn't there be a bunch of people walking around with 4.0?

I didn't have the best GPA during school (ie dealing with personal family matter) and I was discouraged about it. But at the end of the day a GPA helps with scholarships etc. When its time to take that NAPLEX and pass....Employers just care you are licensed and breathing!

Unless you're planning on getting a residency or there is a GPA dependent scholarship, there is no point in trying to keep it up.

Although, there was this one dude at an independent pharmacy who asked me about my GPA, I lied about it lol.

I wonder what year this student is in. There is no way you can cram before some exams for just 2 days and expect to pass. Good luck trying that in infectious disease or cardio. In the end though unless you plan on doing residency or furthering your education GPA isn't a massive deal.

Last edited:

I crammed on every test the day before and still ended up with 3.4 Looks like u have a long way to go :))

I graduated from a school ranked in the 70's, but I make a hundred thousand dollars more than you per year. Enjoy your 2.8 GPA.

Ooooooo you sensitive.

But I still get summer breaks, spring breaks, and winter breaks sucka.

Oh, did I mention Thanksgiving?

I crammed on every test the day before and still ended up with 3.4 Looks like u have a long way to go :))

Did you forget about the part where I said Top 10 school? Plus my cramming is pretty chill. I'm not going adderall cramming here.

I wonder what year this student is in. There is no way you can cram before some exams for just 2 days and expect to pass. Good luck trying that in infectious disease or cardio. In the end though unless you plan on doing residency or furthering your education GPA isn't a massive deal.

That's exactly what I'm doing now.

Top 10 according to who?? Besides 2.8 is a pathetic gpa even if you get it by studying only day before instead of 2. .. and adderall is for sissies!!!

Nice try, but anyone in this profession with half a brain knows that all the schools teach exactly the same thing. If you want to tell yourself differently to appease yourself of your own mediocrity then go for it.

At least everyone gets to point and laugh for a few minutes :thumbup:

Did you forget about the part where I said Top 10 school? Plus my cramming is pretty chill. I'm not going adderall cramming here.
dude - I am 99% this is a troll - if not - just a effing tool

1. who cares what a top 1- school is, I precept at a top 2 school and 50% of them embarass me
2. 2.8? woo hoo - I will be one to say I don't thing GPA is all that, but seriously? in my crappy 45 ranked school that would not let you advance to the professional program
3. whatever- why am I wasting my time writing this?

dude - I am 99% this is a troll - if not - just a effing tool

1. who cares what a top 1- school is, I precept at a top 2 school and 50% of them embarass me
2. 2.8? woo hoo - I will be one to say I don't thing GPA is all that, but seriously? in my crappy 45 ranked school that would not let you advance to the professional program
3. whatever- why am I wasting my time writing this?

Why would I be trolling? There's a guy like me at every school. But I'm doing it at the top level with minimalist effort. What say you?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Why would I be trolling? There's a guy like me at every school. But I'm doing it at the top level with minimalist effort. What say you?

Posted using SDN Mobile
Trolling includes making ridiculous statements in order to provoke a response. See simplistic example above.

I have to agree with the others, I crammed a day before every test, and was Rho Chi & Cum Laude & blah, blah, blah. It certainly can be done (although I will say in addition to my cramming, I attended every class and extra study session offered by the professor, so I was completely cold for my cramming.)

2.8 is low for a professional program, but its passing, and ultimately that is all that counts.

Reactions: 1 users
You people have no idea. By maintaining this 2.8, I'll be golden. When rotations hit, I'll be over 3 with barely any studying.

You people have no idea. By maintaining this 2.8, I'll be golden. When rotations hit, I'll be over 3 with barely any studying.
As a warning to anyone in the future that comes across this thread: Grades do not typically go up during pharmacy school. The material gets harder. The teachers know less about teaching. Grades trend downward. Do not start as a freshman with a C and think you'll have an A in classes P3. It certainly has happened, but is atypical.

But, I'm sure you're the exception. Early congrats on your 4.0 next semester.

Posted using SDN Mobile
yup I studied less than you and carried a 4.0 until my last semester - but guess what? if you are lucky you will be working for me - oh wait, you will never get a job at my institution (or probably any hospital b/c those grades will not get you a residency) and you can go wallow in the cesspool that is retail

Top 200? That would mean there are about 4 pharmacy schools in every state. Lets go off topic and talk about saturation. Any takers?
sure - lets keep beating the crap out of the dead horse

beating-a-dead-horse.jpeg

Hah! Let me chime in on the whole C's attitude. Yes, you'll earn the same degree. Just make sure you walk away with some basic concepts. For $*%&'s sake, at least have creatinine clearance under your belt. Also, you'll probably find yourself investing a lot more time "cramming" for the NAPLEX when the time comes. Every failed attempt sets you back 90 days. At the current market pharmacist salary, that's about what? ~$20.75 x 90 days. At least you've also got the whole passive aggressive attitude nailed down. Women love a passive aggressive pharmacy school student. I'm sure we'll see you at the next Zucotti park "occupation."
cn_image.size.occupy-wall-street.jpg

As a warning to anyone in the future that comes across this thread: Grades do not typically go up during pharmacy school. The material gets harder. The teachers know less about teaching. Grades trend downward. Do not start as a freshman with a C and think you'll have an A in classes P3. It certainly has happened, but is atypical.

But, I'm sure you're the exception. Early congrats on your 4.0 next semester.

Stop being so sensitive. I meant I'll have over a 3 after rotations. Oh what? Rotations are the hardest thing cause it only gets harder? I can count by 5's bro.

yup I studied less than you and carried a 4.0 until my last semester - but guess what? if you are lucky you will be working for me - oh wait, you will never get a job at my institution (or probably any hospital b/c those grades will not get you a residency) and you can go wallow in the cesspool that is retail

You went to a top 50 school. Who isn't getting a 4.0 there?

Stop being so sensitive. I meant I'll have over a 3 after rotations. Oh what? Rotations are the hardest thing cause it only gets harder? I can count by 5's bro.
real school don't give grades for rotations - they are pass fail because everybody pads their stats with easy A's - FYI - 99% percentile PCAT scores

why do I keep responding to idiots? OK you win, you will change the world - have fun getting a job

Remind me never to ask you a clinical question, I don't want to be the one that causes you to lose your license since you have no clue what you are doing and kill me.

Reactions: 1 users
my GPA was pretty low at a top school also. im glad that i didnt stress over my GPA, i didnt apply for residency or fellowship, never regretted that decision, and NOBODY asked me about my GPA.

real school don't give grades for rotations - they are pass fail because everybody pads their stats with easy A's - FYI - 99% percentile PCAT scores

why do I keep responding to idiots? OK you win, you will change the world - have fun getting a job

"real" schools give grades for rotations all the time.

"real" schools give grades for rotations all the time.
ah - I precept for 3 schools - 2 are significantly better than the other, and those 2 do not. (one is a top 3 school supposedly)