Know any pharmacist-entrepreneurs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skysong

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a USC pre-pharm student here. I'm taking an entrepreneur class and I need to find a entrepreneur in the field of pharmacy I can interview. :cool:

Just thought I'd toss this out -- anyone know someone who started their own pharmacy, or pharmaceutical drug company, in the Los Angeles or Orange county area?? Let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

A whole drug company???? Hmmm...not likely, but who knows who might be reading.

Zpak is your guy for a small pharmacy related business, but he's no longer in CA (I think you can find him under his RV in TX changing the oil or transmission fluid or some such....:D ).

The LA/OC area I'd guess is a tough place for an independent pharmacy, but I'm just guessing based on what I know about what chains in the area do.

Zpak is your guy for a small pharmacy related business, but he's no longer in CA (I think you can find him under his RV in TX changing the oil or transmission fluid or some such....:D ).

The LA/OC area I'd guess is a tough place for an independent pharmacy, but I'm just guessing based on what I know about what chains in the area do.

Now this may not help, but they had an article about ~2 years ago in Redlands about a new compouding pharmacy that opened up. I believe it's an independent. It may be a bit of a drive depending on where you live, but it should fulfill the requirements you've outlined.
Their web address is http://www.inlandcompounding.com/

email: [email protected]

phone: 909 478 3842
fax: 909 478 3853

Rene Mote is the Pharmacist (and entrepeneur)

I don't know her. I don't do business with her. But if you want an interview I'd certainly contact her.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me.. but I'm not in OC or LA no mo.

But I do know a big time USC alum who owned over 20 pharacies in LA area...

PM me..I'll give you his name.

I'm taking the family over to my buddy's house in the RV.. who is also a DOP at tender age of 30.. and is probably the best DOP I know..he's actually better than me operationally... but not clinically. He also bought an RV..and is changing the oil today too...so we're going to park it in his cul de sac and hang out.:thumbup:

I'm taking the family over to my buddy's house in the RV.. who is also a DOP at tender age of 30.. and is probably the best DOP I know..he's actually better than me operationally... but not clinically. He also bought an RV..and is changing the oil today too...so we're going to park it in his cul de sac and hang out.:thumbup:

Gosh - what a guy thing - male bonding and all:thumbup:

What's SarahSux & tiny Sux doing all day with Dr.DOP's SO & tots??? You aren't forcing them to mount dung beetles on cardboard or anything are you????:thumbdown:

Gosh - what a guy thing - male bonding and all:thumbup:

What's SarahSux & tiny Sux doing all day with Dr.DOP's SO & tots??? You aren't forcing them to mount dung beetles on cardboard or anything are you????:thumbdown:

They're coming with me!!! My buddy's wife who's also a pharmacist is all into it too! We love it!

Now this may not help, but they had an article about ~2 years ago in Redlands about a new compouding pharmacy that opened up. I believe it's an independent. It may be a bit of a drive depending on where you live, but it should fulfill the requirements you've outlined.
Their web address is http://www.inlandcompounding.com/

email: [email protected]

phone: 909 478 3842
fax: 909 478 3853

Rene Mote is the Pharmacist (and entrepeneur)

I don't know her. I don't do business with her. But if you want an interview I'd certainly contact her.

A bit far, 60 miles away, but I'll keep them in mind if I can't find someone. Thanks:thumbup:
Or worst comes to worst, I'll just call a bunch of random pharmacies in the LA area and hope at least one's independent.

It doesn't seem like there's much you can do as an entrepreneur in the pharmacy business, other than open up pharmacies?