Know of any online Ex. Physiology and Kinesiology courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailing09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
A few of the schools I am applying to have want Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology for pre-requisites. I am having trouble finding these classes at nearby colleges. Are there any schools that you might know of who have these online?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure I came across any schools that listed kines/exercise phys as pre-reqs. The only way you'd take these courses in undergrad is if you were a kinesiology major. With that said, i'd contact these schools to see if any of your other courses work instead. A lot of schools may replace certain pre-reqs if you have taken a very similar course. Have you taken anatomy? that could certainly be considered a kines course even if it didn't have the kines prefix. To answer your question though, I don't know of any online kines/exercise phys courses.

There are many schools that require Exercise Physiology, although the majority do not.

UM Flint requires, as per someone else's post.
Others I'm looking at that require it are Boston U, MGH, and Ohio State.

UNC requires it AND also requires it to be COMPLETED before the end of the school term in which you submit your application. Which makes it more challenging, and doesn't seem to make sense anyway as their program does not start until Fall. (Leaving Spring and Summer available to wrap up any pre-reqs.)

UNC and OSU both suggested USSA (United States Sports Academy) but this seems to cost a lot of money.

University of New Mexico has offered it online before. And for just one class they do not charge out-of-state tuition, so it's very cheap!
http://hsc.unm.edu/som/physther/docs/Online%20Exer%20Phy.pdf
I contacted the prof who said it might be available this Fall (depending on interest) and to contact him in August.
So maybe folks needing the class can contact him now so he knows there is a need for the course?
There is an e-mail for the prof in the brochure posted above.

UCLA extension offers classes in the movement sciences, both online and in-class. Check out their website.....www.unex.ucla.edu