Kroger vs Target

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dxb8307

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have accepted an offer from Target months ago, however, now I have an offer from Kroger as well and I am in a dilemma. There is a significant amount of floating to be done starting as a grad intern at Target in addition to dress code that I don't like, however, Target does offer benefits to part time employees, which I like and could be a nice perk a few years down the road (when kids come :)). On the other hand, with Kroger, I would get a store right away and there is no dress code (other than just business casual). I know Target used to be a great company to work but I have noticed a change for the worst in the last couple of years, mostly from hear-say stories. The rumor is, Kroger is better staffed. Any thoughts, anyone? What would you do?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a pharmacy technician with kroger, (been with them a year and a half) and it's been great so far. All of the pharmacists that I have worked with love their jobs and several have transferred from other pharmacies, not sure if any came from target but they do think kroger is much more relaxed and overall better than CVS Walmart and Walgreens, (just overall more technician-to-pharmacist ratio, and usually extra tech help, along with an efficient easy operating system) I've also heard rumors of CVS buying out target pharmacies, so that's something to look in to... If you're still not positive I see no harm in calling around krogers (and targets) and seeing what other current staff pharmacists think about their jobs there, (pros, cons).... Anyway, having said all that, if I were going to pharmacy school (I decided to apply for dental school instead) I would pick kroger in a heart beat having worked there myself, and having the positive experience that I've had so far! Hope that helps a little.

CVS is acquiring Target pharmacies, these aren't rumors anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently a pharmacy technician with kroger, (been with them a year and a half) and it's been great so far. All of the pharmacists that I have worked with love their jobs and several have transferred from other pharmacies, not sure if any came from target but they do think kroger is much more relaxed and overall better than CVS Walmart and Walgreens, (just overall more technician-to-pharmacist ratio, and usually extra tech help, along with an efficient easy operating system) I've also heard rumors of CVS buying out target pharmacies, so that's something to look in to... If you're still not positive I see no harm in calling around krogers (and targets) and seeing what other current staff pharmacists think about their jobs there, (pros, cons).... Anyway, having said all that, if I were going to pharmacy school (I decided to apply for dental school instead) I would pick kroger in a heart beat having worked there myself, and having the positive experience that I've had so far! Hope that helps a little.

Thanks so much! I am with Kroger now. Very happy with my decision :)