KU School of Pharmacy Fall 2016(class of 2020) applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys think we'll hear back sometime this week?
I hope so! I kinda want to call up to the school and ask but I don't want to be annoying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

gpa 3.1 pcat comp 67

Had my interview 3/8. Still haven't heard anything. I only applied at KU because I already live in Lawrence and am a single parent with a support network already built up here. I wasn't very confident in my interview and when I asked for feedback, one of the faculty commented that it would be more advantageous with pharmacy experience. I have not been able to get into a pharmacy yet but have 5 years in a hospital setting. Congrats to those who've been accepted! Please help the rest of us stay positive, will ya?o_O;):)

I emailed them about my admission status and they told me that the committee is meeting today to discuss where they will go with the process. Then stated that we should recieve a letter within the next couple weeks once a decision is made. Not sure if this person knows that every acceptance has come with an email this year though, so it's open to interpretation. Also, welcome eastbelle7. I'm pretty sure I had O-Chem 1&2 with you! Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them about my admission status and they told me that the committee is meeting today to discuss where they will go with the process. Then stated that we should recieve a letter within the next couple weeks once a decision is made. Not sure if this person knows that every acceptance has come with an email this year though, so it's open to interpretation. Also, welcome eastbelle7. I'm pretty sure I had O-Chem 1&2 with you! Haha

I think we did, B! Nice to hear you got your interview, too! Crossing my fingers; my lab partner already got her notification a couple of weeks ago!:boom:

How did you feel about your interview?? What day did you interview? I hope we both get notified asap. I'm a nervous wreck (more so than normal).

M

I felt really good about my interview, I think a few of the prompt questions I could have answered better, but I feel that everything went very well. My primary interview was very relaxed and I felt like my answers were sufficient. I admitted that I did not have as much experience as some applicants but I do have about 20 hrs of experience and am actively seeking more. One thing that I hope doesn't affect my chances was that only one of my interviewers had an applicant sheet because they ran out so they both used the same one. Hopefully this doesn't lead to any confusion. I interviewed on 03/01 and I am also rather worried about hearing back from them. I feel like there would almost have to be more acceptances sent out. Only 11 people are on the FB page, and I only know of several that have been accepted. My guess is that they have sent out probably about 60-100 acceptances already and are waiting to see if people accept them(if KU isn't their only choice). Then, probably reweighing their options for the last half-ish and doing the same(Hopefully). Also, I believe the KU pharmacy school site is currently down(correction: ALL of KU's sites) or are my devices just messed up? o_O

I felt really good about my interview, I think a few of the prompt questions I could have answered better, but I feel that everything went very well. My primary interview was very relaxed and I felt like my answers were sufficient. I admitted that I did not have as much experience as some applicants but I do have about 20 hrs of experience and am actively seeking more. One thing that I hope doesn't affect my chances was that only one of my interviewers had an applicant sheet because they ran out so they both used the same one. Hopefully this doesn't lead to any confusion. I interviewed on 03/01 and I am also rather worried about hearing back from them. I feel like there would almost have to be more acceptances sent out. Only 11 people are on the FB page, and I only know of several that have been accepted. My guess is that they have sent out probably about 60-100 acceptances already and are waiting to see if people accept them(if KU isn't their only choice). Then, probably reweighing their options for the last half-ish and doing the same(Hopefully). Also, I believe the KU pharmacy school site is currently down(correction: ALL of KU's sites) or are my devices just messed up? o_O

I just logged in to KU Admissions site and it worked just fine. I think you are being understandably paranoid ... I'm right there with ya.

Also, I heard from several reliable sources(undergrad advisers and several graduating pharmacists) that applicants were quite low this year, so I find it fairly surprising that so many people haven't heard back. And also, as soon as I updated that post, I was able to get back on KU everything....+pissed+

Also, I heard from several reliable sources(undergrad advisers and several graduating pharmacists) that applicants were quite low this year, so I find it fairly surprising that so many people haven't heard back. And also, as soon as I updated that post, I was able to get back on KU everything....+pissed+
Quite low in numbers or quite low in stats?

Low in numbers. I heard people saying that up into late January.

Negatius when you say the applicant sheet do you mean your file with you stats or the sheet with the questions listed?

My interviewers barely flipped my personal file folder open.

It was the sheet with the questions that they were also taking notes on. I am probably over thinking it because I doubt that it will have any impact that both of them took notes on the same question sheet, just something I noticed. The only time they opened my personal file/folder was to look at my PCAT score and they acted fairly impressed. :)

This wait is seriously killing me slowly! I think I check my email 3 times every hour.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who has received an acceptance email got their letter in the mail yet?

To those that have been accepted:
Did your status on the KU website change to admitted yet?

Mine hasn't yet, still says deferred decision
No, still says 'deferred decision'. I called the school yesterday and whoever I spoke to said they are working on sending the acceptance letters out next week.

It was the sheet with the questions that they were also taking notes on. I am probably over thinking it because I doubt that it will have any impact that both of them took notes on the same question sheet, just something I noticed. The only time they opened my personal file/folder was to look at my PCAT score and they acted fairly impressed. :)

B,

I don't know anyone who wouldn't be impressed with your pcat score. Which, is why I find it curious why you haven't heard back yet! I can only assume they are continuing to go through in the order applications were submitted.

I just can't stop thinking about how awkwardly I answered all of the faculty interview questions. I almost enjoyed the MMIs because they were about social situations as opposed to scrutinizing my academic history and questioning my motivation for wanting to be a pharmacist. Stuff of nightmares, man.

Every time I get an email notification, I'm scrambling to check my phone. Aaaargh!

School email me: mthoma70 and let me know as soon as you find out!

No, still says 'deferred decision'. I called the school yesterday and whoever I spoke to said they are working on sending the acceptance letters out next week.
Same, i emailed them and they said some went out at the end of this week but majority will go out next week

Also, does anyone know what the last date for interviews was?

Also, does anyone know what the last date for interviews was?
I think they had another interview date after spring break but I'm not exactly sure. Does anyone know if they've sent out any acceptances since the week of March 13th-20th?

Hello people of people. I finally received my official acceptance letter in the mail today. it says it was mailed out April 1st. Just wanted to update everyone. I also have bad news, A coworker of mine who also applied this year received a letter of denial already as well.

I think they had another interview date after spring break but I'm not exactly sure. Does anyone know if they've sent out any acceptances since the week of March 13th-20th?
I think they've stopped completely with the emails and are in the process of sending out official letters

Hello people of people. I finally received my official acceptance letter in the mail today. it says it was mailed out April 1st. Just wanted to update everyone. I also have bad news, A coworker of mine who also applied this year received a letter of denial already as well.
Congratulations Sam! Thank you for the heads up. Scary to know that denial letters are being sent at the same time...
Sam, do you have all the pre-reqs? If you dont, will the letter notify you of what classes you're missing?

Received my formal letter as well in the mail today.

Did your coworker have an interview or no? If so, when was their interview?

Last edited:
I think they've stopped completely with the emails and are in the process of sending out official letters
Do you think they're done accepting more people or just done sending emails and only notifying new acceptancees via letters?

Last edited:
So my coworker, no, she never got an interview. And yes the last page of the letter tells you if you have all the pre-reqs or not, and then shows which ones you need to complete. For me, its physics, but thats just because i forgot to send in my high school transcript saying that i took it in high school, opps, i emailed the Dean asking him if its still ok to send that transcript in for him.

Reactions: 1 user
In talking with a couple more pharmacy professionals, this year's process seems to be taking longer than in the past. One applicant who applied to multiple schools had heard from all her applied schools except KU. For those of us who have not heard yea or nay, it may be that the school is awaiting response from those already offered spots. As of last year, there was a pharmacy tech who was not accepted until August. So, the wait could be even longer for those who did not hear right away. :eek:

Do you think they're done accepting more people or just done sending emails and only notifying new acceptancees via letters?
I believe they're only notifying new acceptances via letters now.

anyone who got a physical letter, request wichita? did it mention anything about the location designation yet?

manofmetal still rooting for you! so we can be classmates :claps:

anyone who got a physical letter, request wichita? did it mention anything about the location designation yet?

manofmetal still rooting for you! so we can be classmates :claps:
Thanks! I hope we can be classmates, too :D

Just to update everyone, that my KU transfer status is now displaying that i have been admitted. It then gives me a list of things that i need to complete as a transfer student, such as orientation and housing

All letters have been mailed out, so I guess expect something soon?

I got my letter today! It was dated 4/4! I also noticed yesterday that my status on the website had changed to admitted on 4/5. Good luck everyone!

I got my letter today! It was dated 4/4! I also noticed yesterday that my status on the website had changed to admitted on 4/5. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Do you have all the pre-reqs already and what campus did you apply for?

i got my wichita designation today. so relieved i don't have to move! dated 4/5

On your guys' acceptance letters, are you responding in writing? Like writing a letter back, say you are going to KU and you do accept the request?

On your guys' acceptance letters, are you responding in writing? Like writing a letter back, say you are going to KU and you do accept the request?
I replied back by letter.

Have you gotten your letter yet?

I also got my acceptance letter today for the Wichita campus! I'll see you in class, carefreecali! Congratulations to everyone that has received an acceptance letter, and best of luck to those who are still waiting.

When did they want your response by? just wondering
Well it said: "please respond by March xx,2016." So I just sent a response back asap, but someone who get their letter today had April 15th so I'd say that is the date they intended.

Got my acceptance letter today for Lawrence campus! It was dated April 4th.

Has anyone received anything else from KU since your acceptance letter