kuz: books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim Henderson

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
t's me again the annoying high school kid. i was wondering if u could suggest any
books, that would help me get started. if there is any intro books or any material that i
could use to kind of get a jump startr with. As always any help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Kuz: there are no great books I know of to start you out now. I suggest exploring the
premed section of medicalstudent.net, which is basically an online book... better than
any paper book for you at your stage. Here is response to a similar question posed by
another high schooler.
For now, perusing medicalstudent.net, looking at the high school and college sections,
browsing the medical school clinical section, and figuring out where you go to college
will be a good start.

I wouldn't get much more specific about things now. Getting into a good college is
most important for you now. Figure out which colleges you are interested in have good
premed programs. Do this by calling around and asking to be put in contact with the
designated pre-med advisor from each college. If they won't do that for you, dust your
shoes off and walk away!

------------------
Jim Henderson, MD of Medicalstudent.net