Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take you guys to get secondaries on average? Also, do they send out secondaries before they get your MCAT scores or do they wait? I apologize if this has already been addressed!
I sent my primary on 6/7. I got a secondary on 6/25. I'm not sure about your second question though.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my primary on 6/7. I got a secondary on 6/25. I'm not sure about your second question though.
Thank you!

My primary was verified without a MCAT score since I'm taking it soon. I didn't know if they would send out a secondary without my MCAT yet, or if they would wait to see my scores first. I already have a secondary from other schools without my scores and I assumed LECOM would do the same. It's a really particular question so I'm not sure who would know outside of calling them...

I have an interview at erie but still under review at bredaton lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my primary on 6/7. Lecom B sent me an email that they received my primary application on 6/24. I
Thank you!

My primary was verified without a MCAT score since I'm taking it soon. I didn't know if they would send out a secondary without my MCAT yet, or if they would wait to see my scores first. I already have a secondary from other schools without my scores and I assumed LECOM would do the same. It's a really particular question so I'm not sure who would know outside of calling them...
I would email LECOM-B admissions. They were quick to email back when I emailed them.

Lol I'm the opposite

You got an interview at Bradenton? When did you submit your secondary? I sent mine on the 24th of June, but my portal says that my application is still under review

You got an interview at Bradenton? When did you submit your secondary? I sent mine on the 24th of June, but my portal says that my application is still under review
I submitted on 6/27 and got an II last Friday. My Erie one still says it's under review, I sent that one in a little before my Bradenton one

I submitted on 6/27 and got an II last Friday. My Erie one still says it's under review, I sent that one in a little before my Bradenton one
I'm exactly the same as you! At LECOM-E it says "File under review" *sigh*

That's strange- I submitted 27th, complete 28th, and still under review at both. I guess there really is no rhyme or rhythm to the madness behind admission offices.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody flying in from the West Coast? i havent chosen an interview date yet but the flight into SRQ are $400+. I could fly into Tampa but then id have to rent a car. How are drivers in Florida compared to California? Cheaper options on interviewing here than fly, rent car, hotel?

Last edited:
Anybody flying in from the West Coast? i havent chosen an interview date yet but the flight into SRQ are $400+. I could fly into Tampa but then id have to rent a car. How are drivers in Florida compared to California? Cheaper options on interviewing here than fly, rent car, hotel?

I'm flying from California. I paid around $500 for a round trip to SRQ. I'm not sure about the drivers in general but SRQ seems like a small airport. So I'm thinking it'll be easy to rent a car and drive 17 min to the Holiday Inn. Which is 10 min from campus. It was an expensive package for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm flying from California. I paid around $500 for a round trip to SRQ. I'm not sure about the drivers in general but SRQ seems like a small airport. So I'm thinking it'll be easy to rent a car and drive 17 min to the Holiday Inn. Which is 10 min from campus. It was an expensive package for sure though.

I'm contemplating flying into Tampa $250 and driving the 50 mins to Bradenton. But I'm kinda scared to drive out there since I dont know what it's like. When are you interviewing?

I'm contemplating flying into Tampa $250 and driving the 50 mins to Bradenton. But I'm kinda scared to drive out there since I dont know what it's like. When are you interviewing?

I'm interviewing 8/5. My only issue was how long the drive was from Tampa. I'm flying out after the interview so I was worried about possible traffic.

I'm interviewing 8/5. My only issue was how long the drive was from Tampa. I'm flying out after the interview so I was worried about possible traffic.

If you drive through st Pete commute should be about hour and a half
Take 275 to Bradenton.

Or you can take I-75 and the commute time is the same

Best to schedule out 2 hour commute if you are staying on a hotel in Tampa

If you drive through st Pete commute should be about hour and a half
Take 275 to Bradenton.

Or you can take I-75 and the commute time is the same

Best to schedule out 2 hour commute if you are staying on a hotel in Tampa

Thanks for the info. I'm flying into SRQ. Should I be worried about any major traffic there?

I grew up in Miami, the traffic can get pretty bad after 3, so I would plan on some heavy traffic on the major freeways. I'm flying in from the northeast to Tampa and renting a car and driving to Bradenton. My flight is at 6:45pm the same day of the interview and I'm not worried about time :)

Reactions: 1 users
I grew up in Miami, the traffic can get pretty bad after 3, so I would plan on some heavy traffic on the major freeways. I'm flying in from the northeast to Tampa and renting a car and driving to Bradenton. My flight is at 6:45pm the same day of the interview and I'm not worried about time :)

Thanks everyone. I'm excited to see you all there!

When is your interview? Would you be open to carpooling? send me a pm

@softballNRG landing at 1330 (8/4) and flying out at 1645 (8/5). Thought i had given myself a nice cushion. Should i push back my return flight you think?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

All is quiet on the Western front

I called them about another issue and they told me Ms. Shively is out of her office until Monday so I doubt we will hear anything until after Monday.

I submit my secondary on 6/27 and I still have the status " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Anyone else have this? Wondering if I should call and ask if they're missing anything...

Reactions: 2 users
I submit my secondary on 6/27 and I still have the status " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Anyone else have this? Wondering if I should call and ask if they're missing anything...
That's what I have for Bradenton and j submitted 6/27 and was complete 6/28 as well. I'm not sure what the issue is but I would call maybe

Did you hear back from Erie yet?

That's what I have for Bradenton and j submitted 6/27 and was complete 6/28 as well. I'm not sure what the issue is but I would call maybe

Did you hear back from Erie yet?

Not yet. I submitted Erie's secondary on 6/29, but at least my status is under review there.

Thats what mine said up until i recieved II. So i think you are set.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

If anyone has any questions about interviews or anything, I was accepted last cycle so feel free to message me! :) good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
AACOMAS verified 7/6, Secondary received and submitted 7/14. let the wait begin!

Last edited:
From those who already have an II, were you guys early admissions?

Good luck everyone! :)

Has anyone received the second batch of interviews? I submitted 07/02 and app is still under review.

Has anyone received the second batch of interviews? I submitted 07/02 and app is still under review.

I submitted mine later than you around the 25th but watching the thread...I don't think anyone else has gotten interview invites. Classes are now starting I think though so that may explain why it's taking so long.

Good luck though! :)

Hey guys :)

I have a question, I submitted my application and the status says: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." However, the section for required letters and credits says "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received."

Is this normal? Does anyone else have this in their application or should I be worried? It does say to give them a few weeks to verify the credits and I just submitted around the 24th but since this is my first application cycle I don't want to risk anything. :confused:

Hey guys :)

I have a question, I submitted my application and the status says: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." However, the section for required letters and credits says "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received."

Is this normal? Does anyone else have this in their application or should I be worried? It does say to give them a few weeks to verify the credits and I just submitted around the 24th but since this is my first application cycle I don't want to risk anything. :confused:

They only require letters if you have been invited for an interview, so the folder will be empty until then. Mine is the same way. I submitted the secondary on July 14th, and there has been no change on my portal since then.

They only require letters if you have been invited for an interview, so the folder will be empty until then. Mine is the same way. I submitted the secondary on July 14th, and there has been no change on my portal since then.

Oh okay, thank you for the help! I guess the same goes for verifying your class credits; it doesn't happen right away. Good luck on your application! :)

Can somebody help me understand one thing? I submitted my secondary application to both Erie and Braedenton on June 28th.

My 32 MCAT is above their averages and my cGPA of 3.54 is in line with what they want.

I think I at worst wrote a decent personal statement in my primary application and there is no secondary essay that would make my application more or less appealing.

In spite of all that, all sorts of people who applied after i did have received interview invites to one or both campuses and my portal still says my application is under review. I thought the whole point of rolling admissions is to favor early applicants, but they've already reviewed apps received after my own.

I'm going insane here waiting for a response and I check my portal countless times a day. What could possibly be holding up my application? Am I rejected and they're just taking their sweet time getting back to me? I literally cannot think of a reason why this is happening and it's making me paranoid about my applications to other schools. Is there something about my app that I don't know? Some sort of red flag? Is it because i have a lot of repeated courses? I thought grade forgiveness was cool