Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If my portal for LECOM Braedenton says:

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

Does that basically mean I got rejected?

I ask because my cGPA is 3.54 and my MCAT is 32, so I felt like I'd at least get an interview at the very least

Members don't see this ad.

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

To the best of my understanding :( [Don't quote me on this its based on a lot of groupthink from this and the eerie thread, you can read that one if you want to read all the details]

I ask because my cGPA is 3.54 and my MCAT is 32, so I felt like I'd at least get an interview at the very least

That seems very strange that you would get a rejection letter because your stats are phenomenal for this school. When were you complete and/or under review on your portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
That seems very strange that you would get a rejection letter because your stats are phenomenal for this school. When were you complete and/or under review on your portal?
June 28th. Could it be because I have a lot of retaken courses?

June 28th. Could it be because I have a lot of retaken courses?

Wow this is very strange. Even if you have retaken courses you stats are phenomenal. Im sorry. I'll give you what i learned from last year's cycle, "this whole process is a crapshot". Dont try to make too much sense of the whole thing, it'll consume you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Wow this is very strange. Even if you have retaken courses you stats are phenomenal. Im sorry. I'll give you what i learned from last year's cycle, "this whole process is a crapshot". Dont try to make too much sense of the whole thing, it'll consume you

Is it appropriate to call them and ask why I've been rejected? Maybe they can shed some light on something I don't know

Is it appropriate to call them and ask why I've been rejected? Maybe they can shed some light on something I don't know
Did you get the letter yet confirming a rejection? Has anyone gotten the physical letter yet? Maybe you can wait to see if this really isn't the case.

Did you get the letter yet confirming a rejection? Has anyone gotten the physical letter yet? Maybe you can wait to see if this really isn't the case.

This. Someone said they called eerie admissions and they confirmed it but I wouldn't do anything until I had a physical letter in hand.

I'll be there on the second! Just go my interview invite yesterday! Anyone know what the interview to acceptance ratio is?
Congrats! when did you submit your secondary? if you don't mind telling us

Hey guys/gals, I am a current 1st year student and I have an extra bedroom & bathroom in my apartment (brand-new gated community with tons of amenities) 5 miles from campus.

I will be renting out the room to prospective students who are here to interview. I will be able to answer some of your questions about the school and put you at ease for your interview. PM me for more information.

Hi everyone! I am a current second year and just wanted to let you guys know that I am available to answer any questions you may have about interviews, the school, etc. Good luck with your application cycles!

Have you received interviews from any other schools? How are your extracurriculars and recommendations? It sounds to me like your application had a red flag. We have a lot of students with relatively high stats (my GPA was in the 3.6 range and I had a 31 MCAT) so stats alone won't get you an interview. Feel free to message me if you want to tell me about your application in private.. I would gladly try to help you figure out if there is anything you need to correct for other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a random question. How long does the typical review process take post receiving this "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." I submitted my app early June and they got my MCAT a week ago. If there is a typical time please let me know! Thanks

Just a random question. How long does the typical review process take post receiving this "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." I submitted my app early June and they got my MCAT a week ago. If there is a typical time please let me know! Thanks

It varies. I was complete in October, received an interview invite exactly 1 month later, interviewed and accepted in December. They were likely waiting for your MCAT score to look at your application. I would wait 2 months after being complete at a school before getting nervous (less if it is after November). If it has been longer than that or it is getting late in the cycle and you think that you are a competitive applicant, call and tell them that you are still very interested in interviewing. They may have forgotten about you. This happened to me at NSU and I got an interview the day after contacting them lol.

Is the interview generally group-related questions? Or do they ask standard interview questions (with the occasional curve ball question)? i.e. Tell us about yourself, why medicine, which animal do you most identify with.

In my interview two years ago, we were all asked "why medicine and why LECOM?", and the rest of the questions were all group-related. Examples: why do you think PBL is a good way to learn, what are the drawbacks of PBL, what would you do if a group member was struggling, etc. It was by far the most casual medical school interview I had. They are mainly looking to see that you work well in a group. Definitely answer every question, respectfully listen to other people while they are speaking, and make thoughtful comments about what others have said. You want to get to the point where you guys are bouncing ideas back and forth if you can because that is exactly what PBL is like.

Anyone interviewing tomorrow?? At the airport now!

I submitted secondaries for both Erie and Brandenton on 07/29. Application is 'under review' in Erie but 'supplemental recieved and will be reviewed' under Brandenton. Will it be reviewed at all or is it just one review for both campuses?

Is anyone still on: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made".
Submitted 07/29 and I am still under the same status for Brandenton. Did you status ever changed?

I ate at Gecko's with a few other applicants when I was in Bradenton. Good food and atmosphere.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Really enjoyed my interview here today! The setup of the interview was a little different than I was expecting, but loved the school!

Just received the "admissions committee was unable to come to a decision on your file they will review again in 90 days" not a rejection but still pretty meh news, man this weeks been killing me

Completed on 07/29 and it still says 'Supplemental has been received and will be reviewed soon..". Did you status changed before you receive II?

Yep! Mine said the same thing until I got the II.

What was the set up like exactly? What surprised you?
Well, there was the group interview, which I was expecting, and then there was a MMI, but only one station. The interviewing part was over by 9 am, and the rest of the day was about fin aid, curriculum, tour, etc. We also didn't get to see a PBL session because they start next week, which wasn't the best to really evaluate the curriculum.

So I forgot to mention on my AACOMAS that I was taking the MCAT again in August but my stats were good enough to receive their secondary. I submitted it in July and my app is still under review, is it possible that LECOM found out I am retaking the test and is waiting for my scores?

Lol my portal says a decision has been made and I will receive a letter in 30 days. From my understanding this is a rejection right? which is odd because I interviewed at Erie...

20 days and it's been 'pin-drop silence'. :scared:

Reactions: 1 users

Is this pre-interview? When did you submit. Mine is not even 'under review' yet.

how many people have gotten interviews so far?

Last edited:
Well, there was the group interview, which I was expecting, and then there was a MMI, but only one station. The interviewing part was over by 9 am, and the rest of the day was about fin aid, curriculum, tour, etc. We also didn't get to see a PBL session because they start next week, which wasn't the best to really evaluate the curriculum.

Watching the PBL session is boring. It would suffice to imagine a group of medical students discussing clinical cases with a faculty member present. Of course, PBL is more than this, but this is the extent to which you learn about it when you sit in on a session for your interview.

Is the email "Your app will be reviewed in 90 days" a rejection?