Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the email "Your app will be reviewed in 90 days" a rejection?

Nah it's basically a deferral, I got the same notice. Basically they want to see more of the applicant pool/if you update your app before they make a decision on us is what I get from it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if I missed this-I searched for it but didn't see an answer. Does LECOM-B download letters off AACOMAS or do we need to have our evaluators send them in separately?

lecom B told me to consider doing their masters program....um what

is there any way for AACOMAS to know if you retake the MCAT if you do not let them know?

Looking for clarification about how the delayed notification works after the interview here. From what I understand, you can either ask to be considered/know now, or you can delay until ~October. My question: does the delayed notification mean they do not consider your application until later, or do they consider everyone and make a decision that is only communicated later? I have an interview here later this week, and my next interview is lined up for October. If I ask for my decision ASAP, I could need to place a deposit before I've even been anywhere else. That said, if they delay consideration (rather than delay communication of that decision), I feel like it would work against those who don't ask for notification ASAP (they may not remember you as well, etc.)

What's everyone else doing? Anyone who has interviewed already, do you know more specifics about how it works?

Good luck everyone!

Looking for clarification about how the delayed notification works after the interview here. From what I understand, you can either ask to be considered/know now, or you can delay until ~October. My question: does the delayed notification mean they do not consider your application until later, or do they consider everyone and make a decision that is only communicated later? I have an interview here later this week, and my next interview is lined up for October. If I ask for my decision ASAP, I could need to place a deposit before I've even been anywhere else. That said, if they delay consideration (rather than delay communication of that decision), I feel like it would work against those who don't ask for notification ASAP (they may not remember you as well, etc.)

What's everyone else doing? Anyone who has interviewed already, do you know more specifics about how it works?

Good luck everyone!

The way they explained it at Bradenton during my interview, they will make a decision and then hold off on telling you until the date you picked (Oct 1 or Nov 15). However, Erie explained it the opposite way. Possibly Bradenton and Erie operate differently in this respect?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
I would like to ask if someone can explain to me their curriculum. From the website its seems like its case studies, does that mean their is no lectures? Is it vastly different than other medical school's curriculum? Or did I misunderstood it?

Hi
I would like to ask if someone can explain to me their curriculum. From the website its seems like its case studies, does that mean their is no lectures? Is it vastly different than other medical school's curriculum? Or did I misunderstood it?
http://lecom.edu/academics/the-college-of-medicine/problem-based-learning-pathway/

Some (very few) lectures - gross anatomy, some ethics, sexuality - otherwise all the subjects are integrated into your PBL learning (you identify learning topics in PBL and then self-study between/before sessions).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Felt bad about my interview here...hope I get in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you feel went wrong? I am interviewing here in a week so I am trying to prepare best I can

I think the best advice for interviews is literally to relax. Less stressed = remember more + talk better most of the time. Go in, be professional, be friendly, and relax.

Anyone staying at "the Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites" for interview on Friday?

II an hour ago, scheduled for Oct 7! Anyone know how many people get interviews vs acceptances?

I submitted my secondary on the 25th and I still haven't gotten any feedback except that my file is under review...is this a bad sign? should i contact someone to make sure everything is ok?

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary on the 25th and I still haven't gotten any feedback except that my file is under review...is this a bad sign? should i contact someone to make sure everything is ok?
Same here. Matter of fact, for Brandenton, mine stills says 'supplement has been received......'. Under review is only for Erie. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received 7/1
Secondary submitted and complete email 7/5
Interview invite received 8/24

OOS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Also is there a way to fix the spelling of "eerie" in the title of this thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone in the Bradenton area who wants to grab dinner tonight? Would love to meet other interviewees before interviews tomorrow :)

Got an Interview last wednesday for the 2nd, I wish we could have chosen our interview dates though :/

Got an Interview last wednesday for the 2nd, I wish we could have chosen our interview dates though :/

I'll see you there! I picked my interview date for both campuses. That's weird you didn't get the option.

I got a status that my app will be reviewed again in 90 days. Is this basically a rejection?

I got a status that my app will be reviewed again in 90 days. Is this basically a rejection?

It's just a deferral as in they want to see more apps before they decide, or see if you better your app within that time. I got the same thing but didn't think much of it since they won't send out non-early decision acceptances for a while anyways

Ok guys should I contact LECOM soon or am I just panicking for no reason. I submitted my secondary July 25th and it is still under review. Should I make sure they didn't forget about my app or is waiting this long for a interview, deferral, or rejection normal?

Ok guys should I contact LECOM soon or am I just panicking for no reason. I submitted my secondary July 25th and it is still under review. Should I make sure they didn't forget about my app or is waiting this long for a interview, deferral, or rejection normal?

I submitted the same day for LECOM-Erie and am still under review, however I have received the notice for 90 day re-review from lecom-B. But your fine no reason to panic, it's still very early. Sometimes not hearing anything can be better

I submitted the same day for LECOM-Erie and am still under review, however I have received the notice for 90 day re-review from lecom-B. But your fine no reason to panic, it's still very early. Sometimes not hearing anything can be better

Thank you :) I guess I'll just try and be more patient for now. Did you receive your notice through email?

Thank you :) I guess I'll just try and be more patient for now. Did you receive your notice through email?

No problem! And I did, I also am signed up for the text messages and go that as well!

II yesterday, complete 06/23

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."
Is this a rejection? It seems odd that, if they have made a decision, I will have to wait 30 days to know what that decision is.

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."
Is this a rejection? It seems odd that, if they have made a decision, I will have to wait 30 days to know what that decision is.

is this pre or post interview?

is this pre or post interview?

Pre-interview. I know that previous cycles have stated something about receiving a letter in the mail if you are rejected, but this has no reference to a letter. I am assuming that it is a rejection. I am a Florida resident with a GPA and MCAT higher than their average accepted values, so I am just surprised.

Mine says something a little different? It says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

Mine is the same. Have you been updated yet? I am still waiting for a decision.

I submitted my 2ndary July 14th and haven't heard a peep. Still says under review and will contact if updates are made.

Mine is the same. Have you been updated yet? I am still waiting for a decision.

Mine has said the same thing for at least 1 week and nothing. pre interview as well with an MCAT higher than their average and OOS. I got an II at Erie but I am pretty sure this is a rejection by mail.

Mine has said the same thing for at least 1 week and nothing. pre interview as well with an MCAT higher than their average and OOS. I got an II at Erie but I am pretty sure this is a rejection by mail.

I really hope it isn't, but I am afraid it is. I didn't hear anything from LECOM-B for 2 months, and then it changed this week when my MCAT score was released. It's surprising, because my MCAT is above their average.

Last edited:
I submitted my 2ndary July 14th and haven't heard a peep. Still says under review and will contact if updates are made.

Yeah, I submitted my secondary 6/23 and haven't heard anything. Should I assume they're pulling the trigger on me via snail mail style?