Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else pick Oct 1st as their date to be notified of the decision?? We find out soon!!

Me!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
@MCAT1007 & @NecrotizingFascitis , if you don't mind saying, when were you guys complete and when did they invite you to interview?

Good luck to both of you! I hope you guys get the decision you want :)

Sorry SMP? And have you had any luck anywhere else, this was the school that I had the highest stats for compared to their averages so I'm seriously having a melt down because it's the first thing I have heard this cycle
Lol dont worry about it. It looks like this school is super picky in who they give II to. Take the R and move on. With your stats you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I do the interview at LECOM-B if I get the acceptance letter from LECOM? If anyone has done the interview at both schools, I would love to get feedback.

Should I do the interview at LECOM-B if I get the acceptance letter from LECOM? If anyone has done the interview at both schools, I would love to get feedback.
Personally, I liked Bradenton a lot better. It seemed much more laid back (as laid back as LECOM can be) and welcoming and the area itself is so much nicer. It could be a personal thing but I don't know how you can even compare Erie to the gulf coast.

If you want PBL you likely wont find much variance between the first two years besides climate.

Only having interviewed at Bradenton (likely wont attend other LECOM interview) I can tell you that you absolutely will be moving for clinical rotations. If I remember correctly that they do not currently have any clinical rotations within ~+ 2 hours (they were sorta self-disparaging in regard to their clinical situation).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

What happened at NSU? I've been under review for over a month and am not sure what's going on..

I had silence from them for several months even though I was a well above average applicant. I finally emailed them letting them know I was still interested in interviewing and I got an interview offer almost right after. Everyone that interviewed at the end of the cycle along with me was placed on a waiting list because there were no spots left in the class. I was the first (and one of the very few) to get off the list so I think they liked me as an applicant, but just forgot about my application or thought I wasn't really interested in NSU. I would wait 2 months before contacting them though. One month is too early at this point in the cycle. They have tons of apps to look through.

Speaking of NSU, do they accept application updates on what you're doing this current cycle? I emailed them about it, but they never responded..

I think they do but I applied 2 years ago. I emailed one of the admissions counselors to tell them I was still interested in interviewing and got a response shortly after. You can call to ask/make sure that they updated your application with the update (if they accept them).

Thanks I think I am considered a good applicant for their school; I just didn't want to seem pushy either. Do you know the best way to reach out to LECOM? Does anyone have a number or email address?

If there is anything I have learned about med school applications and being in med school, you need to be a little pushy (within reason) to get what you want. If it has been 2 months of silence, I think it's acceptable to contact a school. Just call the LECOM bradenton main number and they can direct you to someone that deals with admissions.

Reactions: 1 user

I will tell you that if you confirm you acceptance at one school you shouldn't both interviewing at the other, they will take you out of consideration for acceptance. That happened to me. I interviewed at Bradenton and a few weeks later I interviewed at Erie but because I had to inform them of my decision on Bradenton before I heard about Erie I thought that they would still consider me and give me the option of going to both places but instead Erie sent me a letter letting me know they had be informed of my decision on Bradenton and was taken out of consideration for Erie.

Personally I liked Bradenton way better anyway - the students seemed happier and the area is nicer in my opinion. I am happy with my decision.

I will tell you that if you confirm you acceptance at one school you shouldn't both interviewing at the other, they will take you out of consideration for acceptance. That happened to me. I interviewed at Bradenton and a few weeks later I interviewed at Erie but because I had to inform them of my decision on Bradenton before I heard about Erie I thought that they would still consider me and give me the option of going to both places but instead Erie sent me a letter letting me know they had be informed of my decision on Bradenton and was taken out of consideration for Erie.

Personally I liked Bradenton way better anyway - the students seemed happier and the area is nicer in my opinion. I am happy with my decision.

Oh wow. This is good to know. Maybe I'll decline my SH interview if I find out I get in here on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

How's that possible? I understood they were separate entities.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I submitted my secondary on 9/4 and haven't even received a complete email (submitted same day to Lake Eerie and received it 3 days later) should I call them to confirm everything went through? (Portal says: " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made.")

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary on 9/4 and haven't even received a complete email (submitted same day to Lake Eerie and received it 3 days later) should I call them to confirm everything went through? (Portal says: " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made.")

If it says complete on the portal I'd say it's complete.

Anyone interviewing at LECOM-B on Sept 30th? PM me if you wanna meet up/grab food on the 29th!

Ok so I'm probably going to be contacting LECOM but am I the only one here who submitted late July and are still under review?

They say you shouldn't worry too much until Thanksgiving. The schools are being inundated with applications....

They say you shouldn't worry too much until Thanksgiving. The schools are being inundated with applications....
Oh, did you already speak with them?
Btw love your lilo & stitch picture :)

Just opted into early acceptance! Here we go!

Literally just accepted via email!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
When did you guys interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted! A little concerned it's a technicality through because I opted for the 11/15 notification date..... Anyone else?

I still haven't heard back...probably wait listed :(

I thought the acceptance were sent through mail and not emails?

Congrats everyone! I postponed my decision, but glad to see they use e-mail (when the day comes for whatever decision they make).

Accepted! A little concerned it's a technicality through because I opted for the 11/15 notification date..... Anyone else?

Curious... I also selected the 11/15 notification since I couldn't pay the deposit so soon. Hopefully they don't make you stick to the earlier pay schedule... Congrats either way though.

Anybody that interviewed with the 09/16 group get a decision? My portal just switched over to the 30 days thing..

Anybody that interviewed with the 09/16 group get a decision? My portal just switched over to the 30 days thing..

Interviewed on the 9/16, accepted yesterday via email. They will be mailing the acceptance packet this week.

I postponed my decision to November also but all these posts make me want to know so bad!

Starting to regret postponing til November...

Ok Congrats to everyone who got in! BUT i'm really feeling panicked now, I am STILL under review. I thought my stats were pretty okay for LECOM but I haven't been rejected either. I really need someone to give me some insight. I turned in my secondary 7/25. Please help :(

Wait listed! Not the end of the world. Congrats to everyone on the acceptances. :)

Ok Congrats to everyone who got in! BUT i'm really feeling panicked now, I am STILL under review. I thought my stats were pretty okay for LECOM but I haven't been rejected either. I really need someone to give me some insight. I turned in my secondary 7/25. Please help :(
My app was submitted in may/june and I got an II late august, accepted yesterday. give it some time

So if we didn't get an email yesterday does that mean we were rejected?

Hey my portal changed to "A decision has been made. You should receive an official letter in 30 days" , is this code for rejection? Did anyone else get anything like this? Nothing is in my mail yet.

Hey my portal changed to "A decision has been made. You should receive an official letter in 30 days" , is this code for rejection? Did anyone else get anything like this? Nothing is in my mail yet.

I got the same thing and I was wait listed.