Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed late Oct. Received notification about 1-2 weeks later on Nov 6.
How long did you have to wait in between being complete and being offered an interview? I have been complete for nearly 6 weeks and just wanted to get an idea of how long it would take?

Members don't see this ad.

How long did you have to wait in between being complete and being offered an interview? I have been complete for nearly 6 weeks and just wanted to get an idea of how long it would take?
I think it took about a month or less for me

How did you all send your letters of rec to LECOM? I looked for their destination on Interfolio but didn't find anything. Also, do the letters need to be received by the day of the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you all send your letters of rec to LECOM? I looked for their destination on Interfolio but didn't find anything. Also, do the letters need to be received by the day of the interview?
Using the search option in Interfolio under New Delivery, search for "Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus". As for when the letters should be received, do not worry about sending them before receiving an II. If you have received an II, then yes, send them before the day of the interview. Luckily, it only takes a few hours before the letters are confirmed as being shipped electronically (if able to use Interfolio). I would recommend emailing admissions if it is a day or so before your interview just to give them a heads up that your letters are in. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user

I was complete sometime around mid Sept, so roughly where you're at now. Don't go off of that though. Everyone's apps are different! Besides, my seat is actually open for everyone else - I deferred for a 2016 start due to a few circumstances that I spoke to them about afterward. Good luck! Maybe I'll see you there in an extra year!

Just withdrew my application and from my 12/5 interview after interviewing at LECOM-Erie. Good luck!

Still waiting for an interview.........I thought for sure I would have heard something by now.

Hello everyone, I just got an interview invite 2 days ago, Monday morning. I tried to email back to confirm my interview date today, beating the 72 hour deadline. However, I got automatic emails saying that the person on the other end of that email address will not be back until december 1st, which is my interview date, and I'm worried my interview date will not be saved. Also I am trying to rush my DO letter to them because I didn't think my interview would be so soon, is DO letter mandatory if I have an MD and 2 professor letters? Thank you for any help.

Hello everyone, I just got an interview invite 2 days ago, Monday morning. I tried to email back to confirm my interview date today, beating the 72 hour deadline. However, I got automatic emails saying that the person on the other end of that email address will not be back until december 1st, which is my interview date, and I'm worried my interview date will not be saved. Also I am trying to rush my DO letter to them because I didn't think my interview would be so soon, is DO letter mandatory if I have an MD and 2 professor letters? Thank you for any help.
As long as you scheduled your date on the portal I think you should be fine. And yes a DO letter is mandatory.

got accepted. Before I turn in my transcript, does anyone here know if this school accepts AP credit?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after receiving "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." status update did you guys hear back from them?

Last edited:
Heol, I think you've still got a chance :) Your science GPA is amazing. And, I read the Biology section of the MCAT has the highest correlation with COMLEX so if the 11 is on that section, then that's also a big help.

Last edited:
Do you think it's too late to apply now, being someone with lower stats (mcat) ?

Are these group interviews, similar to the Erie campus?
In Erie, we were asked one question each and then it was opened to a group discussion. In Bradenton, each of us answered all of the questions asked and then a group discussion followed. Both were relaxed.

Do you think it's too late to apply now, being someone with lower stats (mcat) ?

i wouldnt want to waste the $ knowing how late it is in the cycle

Interviewed on 8/25 and loved the area around the school. Wasn't a fan of the school or PBL to be honest. Im sure its proven with success but it surely is not for everyone. I postponed knowing till November and I eventually did get accepted but will be declining to go elsewhere. Hope one of you lucky folks gets my spot. Good luck to all.

anyone know how to withdraw from this school?

Email the admissions people. I did that at Erie and they confirmed the next morning.

Thanks, I hope my spot goes to one of you waiting

Does anyone know if LECOM-B accepts students before they submit a DO letter? I'm hoping I can get one on interview day

Does anyone know if LECOM-B accepts students before they submit a DO letter? I'm hoping I can get one on interview day
You have to submit the do letter before they give you their decision bro bro

I wouldn't risk it. Right now it's getting sorta late into the cycle but then again it you have something outstanding then you may have a shot. They interview up until early middle next year. MCAT isn't everything though! I got in with below average stats for the school to give you some encouragement

Are accepted students receiving the notification on website, email, phone call, paper mail?

Does anyone know whether the committee has specific days that they send acceptances, or just whenever they decide they want you?

Are accepted students receiving the notification on website, email, phone call, paper mail?
I received the acceptance via mail. My portal still says that a decision has been made and that I will receive a letter in 30 days.

I received the acceptance via mail. My portal still says that a decision has been made and that I will receive a letter in 30 days.
ok thank you very much. My portal says the same thing and it was changed from the message that was there yesterday (yes I have been checking my portal ever since my II, lol). Guess I wait for what the verdict is in the mail

Last edited:
submitted my deposit. Looks like im officially attending this school

Are there any simulator patients or standardized patients during the first two years?

Accepted a few weeks ago! IS, 3.92 GPA, 28 MCAT (for those who wanted stats)

Does anyone know if there's a FB group yet for those who are matriculating? Excited to get to know you all! And good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Last edited:
For those accepted, how long after getting the "your file is under review by the admissions committee" status did you find out you were accepted?

Wow. Dont they send the acceptance in the mail? Did you find out via phone call?
It's actually both for me. If your portal changed then you can always call them for the decision..or you can wait 1-2 weeks for snail mail to come.

For those of you on the alternate list (myself included), I was told by Annette Shively that they acccept about 70 students each year of the alternate list and the total list is about 150 people long. Also said they don't rank students....so I don't know what that means in terms of how they select alternates.

Does anyone know when movement typically begins from the alternate list to acceptance?