Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any body heat anything recently? Portal updates?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently withdrew my acceptance to LECOM and hope that it brings someone else some good news, good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I recently got accepted to LECOM Seton Hill. I've already sent in my deposit, because I wasn't given a lot of time. However I have an interview scheduled at Bradenton on March 27th. I'm curious how you guys would rate Seton Hill vs Bradenton. The weather is better down in Florida, but I really liked the campus, and feel of Seton Hill. Obviously the education would be the same, but I wanted a feel of what students liked and disliked about each campus.

Also if I do get accepted to Bradenton, I am allowed to "transfer" my $1500 deposit to Bradenton.

So I recently got accepted to LECOM Seton Hill. I've already sent in my deposit, because I wasn't given a lot of time. However I have an interview scheduled at Bradenton on March 27th. I'm curious how you guys would rate Seton Hill vs Bradenton. The weather is better down in Florida, but I really liked the campus, and feel of Seton Hill. Obviously the education would be the same, but I wanted a feel of what students liked and disliked about each campus.

Also if I do get accepted to Bradenton, I am allowed to "transfer" my $1500 deposit to Bradenton.
For me, I like that it's a larger class in Bradenton. I think it will be good to rotate with a couple of hundred classmates in PBL groups than the ~100 at Seton Hill if I remember right. Just my opinion

For me, I like that it's a larger class in Bradenton. I think it will be good to rotate with a couple of hundred classmates in PBL groups than the ~100 at Seton Hill if I remember right. Just my opinion

You only rotate once a semester at LECOM-B. You'll be in 4 groups total. So I don't think the class size will make a difference.

I have an interview March 20th. Does anyone who had a recent interview know how much of the class is full? Did they mention anything during the interview day?

I have an interview March 20th. Does anyone who had a recent interview know how much of the class is full? Did they mention anything during the interview day?

Interviewed today and it was stated that they currently have more acceptances out than seats in the class. It was assured that many acceptances will be turned down thus allowing them to offer more.

PM me if you'd like my thoughts on the school.

Hey, has anyone who interviewed on march 9th heard anything?
A little info for you guys: Ron said that the responses would take ~ 3 days. If your status on the portal changed in those 3 days (to the "admission committee has made a decision" or something like that) then you were either rejected or put on the wait list. If the portal didn't change in a couple of days then most likely you were accepted and Ron would call you in a couple of weeks + snail mail letter. He also mentioned that if your file was incomplete the portal could still change but they just won't tell you if rejected or placed on the wait list. Well, at least thats how I understood it.
My portal changed a couple days after my interview to "The Admissions Committee requests all letters of recommendation before making a decision on your file." I am still missing my DO letter but the doc is in the process of writing it so hopefully he'll send it soon.
So what do you guys think? Has anyone's status changed to that, and then gotten accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

Thanks!

Hey, has anyone who interviewed on march 9th heard anything?
A little info for you guys: Ron said that the responses would take ~ 3 days. If your status on the portal changed in those 3 days (to the "admission committee has made a decision" or something like that) then you were either rejected or put on the wait list. If the portal didn't change in a couple of days then most likely you were accepted and Ron would call you in a couple of weeks + snail mail letter. He also mentioned that if your file was incomplete the portal could still change but they just won't tell you if rejected or placed on the wait list. Well, at least thats how I understood it.
My portal changed a couple days after my interview to "The Admissions Committee requests all letters of recommendation before making a decision on your file." I am still missing my DO letter but the doc is in the process of writing it so hopefully he'll send it soon.
So what do you guys think? Has anyone's status changed to that, and then gotten accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

Thanks!
They won't even look/rank your application until you've turned in the DO letter, so they just haven't made a decision. I interviewed in September but didn't get my DO letter in until like December.. After they received it, they waitlisted me, then later accepted me.

Reactions: 2 users
About what time does the interview end? I know they mentioned it ends at approximately 2:30 pm, but I want to be really sure. My flight leaves from Tampa right at 7pm, so I want to be sure I'll have enough time.

About what time does the interview end? I know they mentioned it ends at approximately 2:30 pm, but I want to be really sure. My flight leaves from Tampa right at 7pm, so I want to be sure I'll have enough time.
My interview day ended a little after 2 PM. You should be able to make it to south Tampa for your flight in plenty of time, especially since traffic shouldn't be horrible during the afternoon. Good luck, it's a great school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have hotel recommendations?

Country Inn and Suites was nice. They offered a LECOM interview deal of a king bed suite for $105/night. It included breakfast as well. LECOM is about a 10 minute/$15 taxi cab ride away. The hotel is about a $30 cab ride away from Sarasota if you're flying into there.

Deleted

Last edited:
Interviewed here 3/20 and I was super impressed with everyone. Pbl is kinda cool if you ask me but I can see how it's not for everyone. I had my doubts too but their board rates speak for themselves I guess. I hope I hear positive news good from them soon! And good luck to everyone else who interviewed!
Stats: cali student 3.72 cum gpa 3.65 science and 3.95 non science with 26/25 mcat (9/9/8 and 9/8/8). Ecs include tutoring Iraqi refugees English, research, hospital volunteer, tutoring genetics.

Are interviews over for class of 2019? I haven't been rejected but my status still says "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." Weird considering the class is full so you'd think they'd reject anyone who hasn't been given an II at this point. Anyone still waiting for an II?

Are interviews over for class of 2019? I haven't been rejected but my status still says "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." Weird considering the class is full so you'd think they'd reject anyone who hasn't been given an II at this point. Anyone still waiting for an II?
I thought someone on this post said some people interviewed in April and got in too?

I'm interviewing Friday 3/27 here! Also, I interviewed at Erie last Friday and the gentleman who lectured before the interview said that we're not interviewing for waitlists spots. He basically said if there's 15 really qualified applicants then there would be 15 acceptances from that interview day

Reactions: 2 users
I thought someone on this post said some people interviewed in April and got in too?
Sorry, I must've missed that post. I guess the later in the cycle it gets, the more worried I become. Thank you, though! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

I haven't seen much movement on this thread and was wondering if anyone from 3/9 or later interviews had heard anything?

I haven't seen much movement on this thread and was wondering if anyone from 3/9 or later interviews had heard anything?
I got an email last week about emailing LECOM if I am no longer interested in them. I am on waitlist here but already accepted at my top school. So I am guessing there may be some movement depending on the emails they received. I opted out of waitlist.

I'm in the same exact boat as you! Hopefully we will get the April 15 interview :)

This is my second year apply with a drastically better MCAT score, last year I got my denied letter around April 9th to give you some ball park estimates.

P.S. It seems that the majority of schools send out an interview offer about a week or so before the interview date.

(Posted in the wrong threads sorry!)

Just found a 'A decision has been made ' status, but not sure when it was posted. To those who received an acceptance, did you ever receive this status before getting the acceptance phone call/letter?

Just found a 'A decision has been made ' status, but not sure when it was posted. To those who received an acceptance, did you ever receive this status before getting the acceptance phone call/letter?
They told us if you get that notification if ur waitlisted or denied. You don't see a change If ur accepted

I interviewed 2/13 and the following Tuesday (when the committee meets) my portal status did NOT change (it said something like "The committee is still reviewing your app, we will notify you via mail regarding a decision etc."). Approximately 3 weeks later, I received an acceptance call and letter in the mail the following week. Some people I interviewed with did get a "decision made" status change and called in to discover they were placed on the alternate list.

WL letter received today. Interviewed mid March

Does anyone know if the background check Id number for Bradenton is the same for Erie?

I interviewed on 3/9 as well but my file was just completed on the 20th because of that missing D.O. letter. Have you heard anything from them lately? When I go on the portal and check my folder I have everything completed but when I check my status it still says "The Admissions Committee requests all letters of recommendation before making a decision on your file." So now I don't know whats going on. Anyone have any advice?

Hey guys check again. My status just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days", I hope I'm at least on the wait list not straight out reject :(
good luck to you guys!

Hey guys check again. My status just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days", I hope I'm at least on the wait list not straight out reject :(
good luck to you guys!
Do u know if you get a text notification if you signed up for it and ur status changes?

Do u know if you get a text notification if you signed up for it and ur status changes?
Well I am signed up for the text notifications but never actually received one other than the one right after the interview which just basically said "thanks for coming, it was nice to meet you"

Well I am signed up for the text notifications but never actually received one other than the one right after the interview which just basically said "thanks for coming, it was nice to meet you"
Ya I just checked my status. Got the same thing as you...hopefully I'm waitlisted :p

My husband interviewed last week and just got a portal change that said his application is still under consideration. Anybody else get that change? Not sure what it means.

Last edited:
My husband interviewed last week and just got a portal change that said his application is still under consideration. Anybody else get that change? Not sure what it means.
Unless I'm mistaken that usually means he's in. If the status says a decision has been made I've been informed it means ur either alternate listed or rejected

I will be interviewing on April 9th! From the looks of it, it seems like it would be for a waitlist position. Any advice for the interview?

I will be interviewing on April 9th! From the looks of it, it seems like it would be for a waitlist position. Any advice for the interview?
I think it is alternate list only at the moment but just be Urself it's a group interview and very laid back. Everyone was very nice so just relax! Hope I helped.
Interviewed 3/20. Feel free to dm me if u have any questions

Got a call this week! I think that if you get an acceptance at this point they call you and then change your portal to a decision has been made.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call this week! I think that if you get an acceptance at this point they call you and then change your portal to a decision has been made.

What did your portal say before they called?

Just sent in my supplemental. Fingers are crossed for an interview!

I just called and talked and they told me I put on the alternate list... Kind of happy it wasn't a flat out rejection. Does anyone remember when they mentioned that the list will start to move?
Or is it moving constantly?

I just called and talked and they told me I put on the alternate list... Kind of happy it wasn't a flat out rejection. Does anyone remember when they mentioned that the list will start to move?
Or is it moving constantly?

It's kind of moving constantly, as people decide whether to take the acceptance. If this is really where you wanna go, I would suggest sending a letter of intent. They seemed to be looking for students for whom this is their first choice.

Has there been any recent movement off the alternate list? Sent in an update letter at the beginning of the week, hoping for some good news soon! :)