Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone. Just wanted to update ~ (or lack of update...)
I interviewed on 4/3 and my status has not changed. It is still "your application is still under review....", which I believe is a good thing.
It has been 2.5 weeks since my interview and I'm just getting antsy.

Anyways, during my interview I asked Mrs Shively about whether I should send in my end of the year grades in mid-May if I were to be placed on the alternate list, or whether it would be too late for them to even care. She told me that most movement is in May-June for those on the alternate list. So accepting 70-80 ppl out of 150 on the waitlist is pretty good in my opinion. I didn't think to ask how many people were already on the waitlist during my interview day. She just said that although we are late in the cycle, that if the school wants you they will accept you regardless of how late it is in the cycle.

I hope everyone hears some good news soon! May is just around the corner anyways! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone. Just wanted to update ~ (or lack of update...)
I interviewed on 4/3 and my status has not changed. It is still "your application is still under review....", which I believe is a good thing.
It has been 2.5 weeks since my interview and I'm just getting antsy.

Anyways, during my interview I asked Mrs Shively about whether I should send in my end of the year grades in mid-May if I were to be placed on the alternate list, or whether it would be too late for them to even care. She told me that most movement is in May-June for those on the alternate list. So accepting 70-80 ppl out of 150 on the waitlist is pretty good in my opinion. I didn't think to ask how many people were already on the waitlist during my interview day. She just said that although we are late in the cycle, that if the school wants you they will accept you regardless of how late it is in the cycle.

I hope everyone hears some good news soon! May is just around the corner anyways! =)

Thanks for the update! During your interview did it sound like the class is full or not? I'm still keeping my fingers cross :) and I hope everyone gets in!

Thanks for the update! During your interview did it sound like the class is full or not? I'm still keeping my fingers cross :) and I hope everyone gets in!
Hm~ its kind of difficult to say. Mrs Shively pointed out that we were very late in the admission cycle so she seemed to be hinting at the fact that there were not many seats available. But then she went on to say that if the school wants you, they will take you regardless of how late it is...confusing haha. All in all, it did seem like the class was at full capacity but that they expect that many people who have been accepted may go to other schools and thus give ppl on the waitlist the opportunity to get in. I think everyone I interviewed with on 4/3 expected as much because we knew how late we were in the cycle.

Wondering if I should call the school even though my portal is unchanged..... it'll be 3 weeks since my interview date on 4/24 and i'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem. thoughts? advice?

I had a dream that my acceptance came in the mail. and then i woke up LOL
Hope to update you guys with some good news soon!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hm~ its kind of difficult to say. Mrs Shively pointed out that we were very late in the admission cycle so she seemed to be hinting at the fact that there were not many seats available. But then she went on to say that if the school wants you, they will take you regardless of how late it is...confusing haha. All in all, it did seem like the class was at full capacity but that they expect that many people who have been accepted may go to other schools and thus give ppl on the waitlist the opportunity to get in. I think everyone I interviewed with on 4/3 expected as much because we knew how late we were in the cycle.

Wondering if I should call the school even though my portal is unchanged..... it'll be 3 weeks since my interview date on 4/24 and i'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem. thoughts? advice?

I had a dream that my acceptance came in the mail. and then i woke up LOL
Hope to update you guys with some good news soon!!

It's been over a month since my husband interviewed. He didn't get a portal change.

It's been over a month since my husband interviewed. He didn't get a portal change.
hello! just out of curiosity, does your husband plan on contacting the school for a definite answer anytime soon?

hello! just out of curiosity, does your husband plan on contacting the school for a definite answer anytime soon?

I don't know. He is extremely patient :) He is getting ready to leave for a month with the military and will be out of service for a bit, so I think he should at least call and let them know. It all happened exactly like they said it should. The following Tuesday several people he interviewed with posted theirs changed to the 30 day message and his changed to we are still deciding.

I don't know. He is extremely patient :) He is getting ready to leave for a month with the military and will be out of service for a bit, so I think he should at least call and let them know. It all happened exactly like they said it should. The following Tuesday several people he interviewed with posted theirs changed to the 30 day message and his changed to we are still deciding.
wow i see! I havent heard from anyone else with my interview day so I was unsure of what to think. Its difficult for me to celebrate just yet bc I havent received any formal communication~ but thanks for your response and goodluck to you amd your husband!

wow i see! I havent heard from anyone else with my interview day so I was unsure of what to think. Its difficult for me to celebrate just yet bc I havent received any formal communication~ but thanks for your response and goodluck to you amd your husband!
Did you contact? Any news?

I just got a text saying my application was under review... are they still doing IIs?

Has anyone who was put on the waitlist in Feb heard anything back?

Also, does anyone have any numbers on how long the waitlist is, how full the class is, etc?

Has anyone who was put on the waitlist in Feb heard anything back?

Also, does anyone have any numbers on how long the waitlist is, how full the class is, etc?

I was waitlisted Feb 24th, still have heard nothing. Sent in an update letter in mid-March, and am preparing to send another at the end of this week. Good luck to all who are waiting! I heard there should be some movement after the April 30th MD deadline, I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Did you contact? Any news?
so i called them the other day and spoke with annette who told me that they cannot formally accept me until seats open up, as they are currently filled. Furthermore, open seats first go to those in earlier interview dates and currently there are two groups ahead of my 4/3 group. She also said that in previous years those ppl in my position do end up receiving a formal acceptances but at this point it is a waiting game and also that every year it can be different. I will remain hopeful... and grateful bc im in a relatively good position.
So those of you guys who have not yet had a portal change and it has been over 3 weeks since your interview.. we are all in the same boat. (you might be in an even earlier boat) I guess we all have to wait for movement in May where people are accepting/rejecting their acceptances. I have another interview coming up for Touro but my heart has been set on Bradenton for a while now!

Reactions: 1 users
Talked to Ron and they still haven't had any movement. Hopefully people start making their decisions and seats start opening up!

Members don't see this ad :)
so Im assuming they give spots to people that recently interviewed but haven't heard a decision yet before the alternate list people

so Im assuming they give spots to people that recently interviewed but haven't heard a decision yet before the alternate list people
yup. i was told im on the "high waitlist." it would have been nice if they had mentioned this at the interview.

yup. i was told im on the "high waitlist." it would have been nice if they had mentioned this at the interview.
I was told the same thing and am not quite sure how much that "helps" us. It was referenced to me also as the "ranked list" so once again, kind of confused. How many people are on the waitlist vs the "ranked/high" list???

I was told the same thing and am not quite sure how much that "helps" us. It was referenced to me also as the "ranked list" so once again, kind of confused. How many people are on the waitlist vs the "ranked/high" list???

If I remember correctly at the interview they said they have two waitlists. One is ranked and the other is not. What it seems like is that they have their top waitlist applicants and then the rest are in a pool that they go back to and reassess. But just like everyone else, I'm not sure that thats the case.

I interviewed back in January and was placed on the Alternate list. I called for an update yesterday and was told that there has been no movement off the wait list yet and that they expect the movement to start mid May. I also asked for an update regarding my position on the wait list and was told that the list is not ranked and that the admissions committee will re-evaluate all potential applicants when they decide to pull off the list.

Just noticed a roommate forum on the LECOM portal... has it always been there? Or is that something new?

Has anybody experienced a change in their portal? Mine went from being accepted on the alternate to list to "Your application is still under consideration by the Admissions Committee. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."
Not sure when this happened but has anybody else experienced the same thing?

Has anybody experienced a change in their portal? Mine went from being accepted on the alternate to list to "Your application is still under consideration by the Admissions Committee. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

I just checked mine and mine still says the office of administration has receieved my confirmation to accept a position on the Alternate list. I wonder why yours was changed!

I wonder why as well. From previous years/thread usually it means you got accepted. But I am not sure.

You could probably call and ask. Just like when your portal initially changed after interviewing.

Just letting everyone know that I called the other day and the movement has not happen yet. Was told it will start in mid-May or early June.

Talked to Annette this morning and she said the list is starting to move but it's moving a lot slower than last year.
They have the "high waitlist" and then the regular waitlist. She said they send acceptances from the high waitlist first based on when your interview was so it's not necessarily "ranked".

Talked to Annette this morning and she said the list is starting to move but it's moving a lot slower than last year.
They have the "high waitlist" and then the regular waitlist. She said they send acceptances from the high waitlist first based on when your interview was so it's not necessarily "ranked".

Do they tell you which waitlist you were on? Also the stat they give of 70-80/150 getting off the list, which list does that refer to? Both combined or just one?

Do they tell you which waitlist you were on? Also the stat they give of 70-80/150 getting off the list, which list does that refer to? Both combined or just one?
During my interview, there was no mention of a high waitlist so that stat was referenced to me in the context of just the one alternate list. However, every year the number of ppl on the high waitlist and the number of ppl who have already been accepted probably changes so.... I definitely think keeping in touch with them and sending updates/letters of intent will help show that you are determined to go to LECOM-B. Anyone else starting to feel like it's all mind games?? hah :poke:

During my interview, there was no mention of a high waitlist so that stat was referenced to me in the context of just the one alternate list. However, every year the number of ppl on the high waitlist and the number of ppl who have already been accepted probably changes so.... I definitely think keeping in touch with them and sending updates/letters of intent will help show that you are determined to go to LECOM-B. Anyone else starting to feel like it's all mind games?? hah :poke:
Definitely feels like a mind game lol. I'm keeping my fingers cross while waiting. I really wan't to get in so badly like everyone else here :). Oh yeah I thought they did mention two lists during my interview but I still don't understand the difference between being alternate list vs waitlist and now the high waitlist. All these waitlist names are confusing. The statistic is also confusing.

Do any current M1's have their first year schedule they could post or send me?

Also, does anyone have the 2015-2016 academic calendar in regards to orientation and start days, etc? I can't seem to find a link.

Thanks!!!

Do any current M1's have their first year schedule they could post or send me?

Also, does anyone have the 2015-2016 academic calendar in regards to orientation and start days, etc? I can't seem to find a link.

Thanks!!!

Annette sends it out in an email, but here you go:

July 24, 2015 Registration Day

July 27, 2015 Orientation for the Class of 2019; Academic Year Begins

Class of 2019 White Coat Ceremony date is Saturday, January 30, 2016

Anybody hear anything about the Alternate List?
I was told last week that there hasn't been any movement yet.

Anybody hear anything about the Alternate List?
I was told last week that there hasn't been any movement yet.
Not yet. According to Annette this year has been slow. If anyone has already been accepted and chose another school. Please do tell the school. We all would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users
guys i just got my acceptance call from ms shively! i had been waiting for that 941 area code to show up for so long haha in reaponse to a question above. i had the opportunity to interview at touro but decided against it bc lecom is cheaper and has a lot of clinical rotations sites available. plus if im gonna study my butt off i might as well do it in bradenton where it was ranked as the happiest place to live in the US in an article i read!

my deposit is due by friday and now i shall look for housing. thank you all for your support and answers to my questions. good luck to everyone! dont lose hope! send letters and call ron shively. that is what i did! (i was on the high waitlist)

Reactions: 2 users
guys i just got my acceptance call from ms shively! i had been waiting for that 941 area code to show up for so long haha in reaponse to a question above. i had the opportunity to interview at touro but decided against it bc lecom is cheaper and has a lot of clinical rotations sites available. plus if im gonna study my butt off i might as well do it in bradenton where it was ranked as the happiest place to live in the US in an article i read!

my deposit is due by friday and now i shall look for housing. thank you all for your support and answers to my questions. good luck to everyone! dont lose hope! send letters and call ron shively. that is what i did! (i was on the high waitlist)

Congratulations!! I've been waiting to hear back from them for so long now; I've already contacted them once but was told to be patient! Other than sending in the Letter of Intent, what else do you recommend doing?

When did you interview? Nevermind! You and I already talked :) My husband hasn't heard anything.

Last edited:
When did you interview? Nevermind! You and I already talked :) My husband hasn't heard anything.

If your husband is really serious, send a letter of intent to Mr. Shively (and Annette) and any updates. They appreciate knowing your serious about coming, it can mean everything

Congratulations!! I've been waiting to hear back from them for so long now; I've already contacted them once but was told to be patient! Other than sending in the Letter of Intent, what else do you recommend doing?
I called Annette and Ron Shively separately. Annette, for my letter of intent and Ron to ask him about how I should proceed/my standing. The next thing I would've done if I didn't hear back would have been to send an update letter regarding my final grades/extracurriculars etc. I think speaking to Ron directly about my intentions and such really helped me~ but I also have the sense that this was the case because I was already on the high waitlist as opposed to the alternate list. gluck!

Does anyone know when they will begin taking people from the Alternate List. This waiting game is killing my nerves.

Does anyone know when they will begin taking people from the Alternate List. This waiting game is killing my nerves.
I haven't heard anything new. I've heard they take people from the "high waitlist" and then they reevaluate those on the alternate list. I am on the "high waitlist" and haven't heard anything recently... To see if what list you are on check your admission status. I think if your "Admission Status" says that your file is still under review that means you are on the "high waitlist" because I was originally on the alternate list and then told my status changed because I was placed on the "high waitlist"

I haven't heard anything new. I've heard they take people from the "high waitlist" and then they reevaluate those on the alternate list. I am on the "high waitlist" and haven't heard anything recently... To see if what list you are on check your admission status. I think if your "Admission Status" says that your file is still under review that means you are on the "high waitlist" because I was originally on the alternate list and then told my status changed because I was placed on the "high waitlist"

Yes this is one hundred percent true based on what I have gathered..I called a week ago and spoke with Ron who informed me that there were two separate wait-lists and that currently only the people from the "high waitlist" are being considered at this time..he expects most people from the alternate waitlist to begin moving come early or mid June, but said that some students may be considered as late as early July if spots are available..really just a waiting game, and be happy if your status changes cause that's good news..I'm on the alternate list so unfortunately my status has yet to change, but I'll continue to be hopeful until 7/24...

Yes this is one hundred percent true based on what I have gathered..I called a week ago and spoke with Ron who informed me that there were two separate wait-lists and that currently only the people from the "high waitlist" are being considered at this time..he expects most people from the alternate waitlist to begin moving come early or mid June, but said that some students may be considered as late as early July if spots are available..really just a waiting game, and be happy if your status changes cause that's good news..I'm on the alternate list so unfortunately my status has yet to change, but I'll continue to be hopeful until 7/24...

Also if you call Ron or Annette they will inform you where you stand at this moment in time...such as which alternate list you are on and why...they are very honest about where you stand and why so never hurts to pick up the phone and ask em!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm a Sarasota resident anxiously waiting to get "the call." I'm currently on the alternate list, and was wondering if anyone else in the same boat has heard anything yet. Has anyone from the alternate list been given any information on when the school starts pulling from this list? Waitin is the absolute worst

talked to them today. they have a huge list and very little movement. they have maybe 2 spots opening each week. it sounds like at this point if you are on the regular alternate list that the chances of being accepted are very slim. they are way behind the movement they had last year.

talked to them today. they have a huge list and very little movement. they have maybe 2 spots opening each week. it sounds like at this point if you are on the regular alternate list that the chances of being accepted are very slim. they are way behind the movement they had last year.

Who did you speak to? and are they the ones that actually said that the "chances of acceptances are slim" or is that something you are assuming? I've talked to them multiple times and had the impression that although things are a lot slower this year than prior years...that they still expect there to be significant movement in the upcoming weeks.

Who did you speak to? and are they the ones that actually said that the "chances of acceptances are slim" or is that something you are assuming? I've talked to them multiple times and had the impression that although things are a lot slower this year than prior years...that they still expect there to be significant movement in the upcoming weeks.
i talked to Ron and it took a lot of prying but he finally came out and told me that. he said "obviously there could be a huge movement suddenly because people drop their spot" but they are 30 waitlist spots being accepted less than last year. he said he doesn't want to give false hope. of course this year has to be different than passed. urg. still holding hope though.

also I've been creeping on the MD waitlist forum. they have an admissions committee member on there that tells them where movement has been happening each day and it seems to be slow their as well. slower than in the past. so hopefully that picks up soon and that is just the cause of the waitlist here being so slow.