Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is tremendous. My LECOM-B secondary just finished processing, so I'm hoping to hear something back soon. Thanks for the details, and best of luck to you!

+1 Great info!

Members don't see this ad.

II! However, when trying to schedule an interview, there are only three available dates, all in September. Are these my only options? Or do I have to contact them if I want a different date? Reason being I'd like to interview/hear back from schools that are closer before I spend $$ traveling down to Fl (I'm from NY).

Reactions: 1 user
For those who were offered an ii how long did it take once you application was under review on the portal? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were offered an ii how long did it take once you application was under review on the portal? Thank you in advance!

About a month, almost exactly

II TODAY!!!!!!!!!:soexcited: Does anyone know where they are staying or good places to stay?

II! However, when trying to schedule an interview, there are only three available dates, all in September. Are these my only options? Or do I have to contact them if I want a different date? Reason being I'd like to interview/hear back from schools that are closer before I spend $$ traveling down to Fl (I'm from NY).
Yea when I looked originally, there was August 29, Sep 3, 12th and some other date. When I actually went to sign up for the 29th, it was full so I signed up for the 12th!

II today!!! My first one of the cycle! :D

9/12! I'm hoping to have a DO letter by the end of August. What happens if I don't have it into LECOM by then?

I will be seeing you on that date as well! I believe you can arrange to have an interview with a DO over there and they can write you a recommendation letter

I wonder what % of those interviewed are accepted
I have honestly been searching last year's thread to see what the acceptance rate is. It seems kinda hard to tell at the moment, I think I have read around 5 pages so far and don't really have a clue. It seems as though many people who interview early get accepted, but I still need to read more. Many people also deferred their decision so its kinda hard to link everything

I have honestly been searching last year's thread to see what the acceptance rate is. It seems kinda hard to tell at the moment, I think I have read around 5 pages so far and don't really have a clue. It seems as though many people who interview early get accepted, but I still need to read more. Many people also deferred their decision so its kinda hard to link everything

Interesting. I'll keep searching too. By defer you mean push back the release of the decision to November 15th right? They make a decision within a week regardless, don't they? It's just a matter of when they tell you.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I've been complete since 7/18, called yesterday to ask whats up and the person i talked to said it would still take "a long while". At that point I knew that wasn't a good sign. Then, today morning I checked my portal and my status changed from "sent to committee for review" to "Your file will be re-reviewed by the admissions committee in 60 days". I'm pretty confused and angry. I have two interviews so far, from lecom sh and westernU, so I don't think a red flag is going on with my app and my stats are 3.5cgpa/3.6sgpa/28, which is above their average. In addition, I know its too early to worry about this but I haven't received anything from wvsom and campbell, it just makes me think something is wrong.

So I've been complete since 7/18, called yesterday to ask whats up and the person i talked to said it would still take "a long while". At that point I knew that wasn't a good sign. Then, today morning I checked my portal and my status changed from "sent to committee for review" to "Your file will be re-reviewed by the admissions committee in 60 days". I'm pretty confused and angry. I have two interviews so far, from lecom sh and westernU, so I don't think a red flag is going on with my app and my stats are 3.5cgpa/3.6sgpa/28, which is above their average. In addition, I know its too early to worry about this but I haven't received anything from wvsom and campbell, it just makes me think something is wrong.
I feel like I am in the same boat, although my mcat was just released on 7/29; but our stats are very similar; no interviews yet

Last edited:
Man, I don't have this status but your stats are almost exactly like mine. And I have been complete since 7/8, and under review ever since. I definitely feel your pain. Chin up partner, you got interviews, so you just gotta rock 'em!

Our stats are about exactly the same, I didnt get the status for 60 days yet, but I have two interviews as well, KCUMB and AZCOM...hoping for a little more love soon from other schools just to give some hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody interviewing on the 11th and wanna be roomies sunday night? I got a room for 50$ 5 miles from the campus, if you give me 25$ we'll call it a deal. It comes with 2 beds btw lol, just tryin to save cash. let me know!

Anybody interviewing on the 11th and wanna be roomies sunday night? I got a room for 50$ 5 miles from the campus, if you give me 25$ we'll call it a deal. It comes with 2 beds btw lol, just tryin to save cash. let me know!

See you there on the 11th!

Is anyone else staying at the Hyatt place in Sarasota right meow? Trying to rally the troops for dinner

Good luck to all those interviewing tomorrow! Us MS1's have our first anatomy quiz tomorrow so if we look a little strung out that's why. :)

Anybody interviewing on September 19 that wants to split a hotel room/explore the city the next day? I'm flying in from DC, so it would be great to be able to save money!

So is this their version of a rejection?

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time"

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time"
I think it just means as of right now you are not the most competitive but as the process continues, you app may look stronger and you may receive an II. Care to share your stats?

Well the interview yesterday went great! This school is awesome! Anyone that has an II should be excited it's a good one.

Well the interview yesterday went great! This school is awesome! Anyone that has an II should be excited it's a good one.
Any advice on how to prepare for the interview or what might be asked? Also, what time did your interview end by chance? I have my flight leaving at 6:50 p.m. the same day as the interview in Tampa and I was wondering if I will be pressed for time. Thanks!

So I submitted the secondary... should I expect an email at some point before an ii decision has been made?

If not, how do they notify of an ii? And lastly...about how long should I expect to wait of a decision?

I received the same thing - I'm very discouraged myself.

Any advice on how to prepare for the interview or what might be asked? Also, what time did your interview end by chance? I have my flight leaving at 6:50 p.m. the same day as the interview in Tampa and I was wondering if I will be pressed for time. Thanks!
It ended a little earlier than what was on the schedule, around 1:30. You'll be fine, my flight was around the same time. The drive is only 45 minutes or so.

II for 9/19, pretty excited!

does anyone know when the admissions committee is supposed to meet next?

Yeah the weather was really nice, the interview was pretty laid back, I've heard all kinda of different stories but for my and my group our two interviewers asked us lot of questions and we all just kinda tool turns answering the same question. So like the last two books we read, why we wanted to come to LECOM, pretty normal stuff.

does anyone know when the admissions committee is supposed to meet next?
I could swear I heard the guy at the end say the committee would meet today and we might know this week, but don't quote me on that because that seams super fast!

I'm interviewing on the 12th of September. I'll be driving in from my Nova interview the previous day, so yay car rentals. Does anyone want to split a hotel room somewhere near LECOM-B? (And I can probably pick anyone coming in from the nearby airport in the evenings if needed on the 11th, we can talk about splitting gas cost too if needed from Tampa airport. ) Just trying to save everyone money on this lovely interviewing tour. =D

Well my portal says they have made a decision.. I hope this is good!

Thanks! I tried to call to find out what it meant but they were away from their desk.. I'm crazy nervous now!
Hahaha just relax, you interviewed early which shows a higher chance of being accepted, and normally speaking, they would not interview you if they didn't already want you. I am hoping for good news on your part, and in turn, hopefully we will be part of the same starting class in 2015!

Hahaha just relax, you interviewed early which shows a higher chance of being accepted, and normally speaking, they would not interview you if they didn't already want you. I am hoping for good news on your part, and in turn, hopefully we will be part of the same starting class in 2015!

Well I hope your right.. But for now I'm wait listed :/ I'm still really hoping to eventually get accepted here but maybe the rest of you will have better luck!

Let's get down to the real question: What did they give you guys for lunch?

For my fellow car renters between the ages of 21 and 24...

If you want to waive the underaged fee, you can join USAA for free. And even if you don't have ties to the military for insurance discounts, there are car rental discounts...that waive the underage fee. https://www.usaa.com

Mainly for AVIS, Enterprise, Hertz, and Budget. Hope this helps save us all some money when we have to fly across the country.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1zopzc/lpt_waive_underage_car_rental_fees_usa_only/

And I tried it. Quite happy with my prices.

I'm interviewing on the 12th of September. I'll be driving in from my Nova interview the previous day, so yay car rentals. Does anyone want to split a hotel room somewhere near LECOM-B? (And I can probably pick anyone coming in from the nearby airport in the evenings if needed on the 11th, we can talk about splitting gas cost too if needed from Tampa airport. ) Just trying to save everyone money on this lovely interviewing tour. =D
Wow, I wish I would have seen this before. I wanted to schedule mine together as well but I decided on doing my Nova interview second. I am scheduled on the 12th for my Bradenton interview and I'm flying in to Tampa so I would definitely appreciate the ride! I would definitely help pay for gas and split a hotel room.