Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get texts from LECOM that are blank? I usually check the portal for updates and stuff when I receive these, but it's a bit disconcerting to not know what I'm logging into xD

And can't remember when I got this update, but it's: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." for Bradenton and for Erie, it's: "Your application is under review."

I turned my text messages off after they sent me a "your application has begun the review process" after I signed up for my interview and almost convinced me that my II was an accident haha. The system is a tad glitchy.

Members don't see this ad.

I have two quick questions:

Those of you who have not received a status change--did all of you opt for the Oct. 1st date

Those of you who have received status change--do you live further out of state (i.e west coast). Perhaps they are updating as they send them out, hoping that they all reach their destination by oct 1

Those of you who have not received a status change--did all of you opt for the Oct. 1st date

Those of you who have received status change--do you live further out of state (i.e west coast). Perhaps they are updating as they send them out, hoping that they all reach their destination by oct 1
I did receive the change and live halfway to the West Coast.

Members don't see this ad :)

In NY...have not received change. Signed up for October 1st.

EDIT: I lied. It just changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My status just changed today too, for both LECOM-E and LECOM-B.

Reactions: 2 users
As someone who opted for the 11.15.15 date I am really hoping that I don't see my status change this week.

So is it confirmed LECOM-B only sends out snail mail decisions this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had experience with the LECOM shuttle service from the Holiday Inn? I just called to ask how often the shuttles run and the employee I spoke to said that for the 10/2 interview date, the shuttle will run at 7:15am and return to pick us up at 2pm. Are the shuttles pretty reliable and do they usually get to the campus fairly early before the interview? I'd like to be a bit early if possible, it would definitely calm my nerves. :D

I interviewed at Bradenton 9/25 and opted for early decision. I hadn't checked my portal until today, and saw the same status update: decision has been made, 30 days via snail mail, blahblah. STRESSIN OVER HERE.

I interviewed at Bradenton 9/25 and opted for early decision. I hadn't checked my portal until today, and saw the same status update: decision has been made, 30 days via snail mail, blahblah. STRESSIN OVER HERE.

The level of stress I am feeling right now is unreasonable, to say the least.

II! Anyone interviewing on 11/11? Figured it would be an interesting day to interview on! Good vibes!

Can someone who has already interviewed provide us with a basic itinerary of the day?

Can someone who has already interviewed provide us with a basic itinerary of the day?
Roll in at 7:45, get a quick admissions presentation on the schedule for the day- including what to expect for the interviews, go interview your butt off (group session with 2 committee members, followed by fast 10 minute MMI-fashioned interview that's one on one), tour of campus, lunch, sit in on a PBL session, get a more broad presentation on curriculum and rotations and financial aid.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone had experience with the LECOM shuttle service from the Holiday Inn? I just called to ask how often the shuttles run and the employee I spoke to said that for the 10/2 interview date, the shuttle will run at 7:15am and return to pick us up at 2pm. Are the shuttles pretty reliable and do they usually get to the campus fairly early before the interview? I'd like to be a bit early if possible, it would definitely calm my nerves. :D
It's not a regular shuttle service...there is one shuttle (it's a large van) owned by the holiday inn that the hotel uses to take students to the interview. It's not like a bus or anything...so yes it is definitely reliable because a hotel employee drives you there and picks you up. And yes you get there nice and early. Just make sure you don't miss it!

Me on the way home to check the mail:

200.gif

Reactions: 9 users
No letter today....I am freaking out so hard right now.

Was notified that I need an additional science letter on the day of my interview (9/25). Had a letter sent in on Sunday via Interfolio. Called LECOM on Monday and they said they had it. Portal showed that I was complete. Logged in today to see if a decision had been made like some other people annnnnddd it says I have not met the requirements and a science letter is still needed. So much for hearing Oct 1st?

II today! First one of this cycle, very excited!!

I selected the 11/11 date. Is it possible to watch the available interview dates and if one opens up earlier, to switch?

Does anyone know if they take updates? If so, where do you send them?

Anyone get texts from LECOM that are blank? I usually check the portal for updates and stuff when I receive these, but it's a bit disconcerting to not know what I'm logging into xD

And can't remember when I got this update, but it's: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." for Bradenton and for Erie, it's: "Your application is under review."
Did you interview at Erie, and if so does it say "your application is under review" after your interview?

Anyone know if they send out the letters to arrive approx on Oct 1st or if they send them out from Bradenton on the 1st??

Called to clarify the letter of recommendation situation and they told me over the phone that I am ACCEPTED =)

Reactions: 8 users
How did you guys find out if you got in? Did they send an email, did you get it in the mail, or is it online?

They send all decisions in the mail. However I couldn't wait, so I called today, and I've been placed on the alternate list. I'm from out of state. Sad panda...

Wait listed. Second DO school in a row. Ugh

Called to clarify the letter of recommendation situation and they told me over the phone that I am ACCEPTED =)

Called and also ACCEPTED!

Btw, pretty sure we were in the same interview group. 9/25, we talked about Madden lol

Reactions: 2 users
Not as exciting as acceptance lol but I finally received the review email and text. Yay!

Called them and spoke with Mrs. Shively. Alternate list. Interviewed 9/25