Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont understand why they couldnt email the acceptance or rejection. Or at least put it on the portal. If im expected to pay the deposit 30 days from now then i should find out 30 days before, not however long it takes to get the decision in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate listed. Wonderful

Reactions: 1 user
Did anybody who chose to find out in November get alternate listed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Full disclosure....I called because I really wanted to know whether I could cancel my interview or not. YMMV.

Same here, rejection in mail preinterview. It's strange, I had an interview at LECOM-Erie. Bradenton must be looking for something else.

So they send out denial stuff through snail mail, but...do they send out interview invites through snail mail, in addition to e-mails / phone calls? Paid for the secondaries for both Erie and Bradenton around mid-September, so I kinda wanna know what to expect if there's no correspondence except for physical mail (in which there are only denials). :yuck:

Called and got ACCEPTED!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
So they send out denial stuff through snail mail, but...do they send out interview invites through snail mail, in addition to e-mails / phone calls? Paid for the secondaries for both Erie and Bradenton around mid-September, so I kinda wanna know what to expect if there's no correspondence except for physical mail (in which there are only denials). :yuck:
No II are just through email and text.

Bump for this. I submitted around 9/20. Under review at E and SH. Would really like to go to Florida.

Members don't see this ad :)
No II are just through email and text.

It's weird (to me, at least) that they send out rejections, pre-interview, through snail mail. Guess they want to be formal in their rejection process?

I'm not going to call I'm just going to wait for the letter to get here in the mail. I'm not going here regardless of the decision so I don't mind waiting a few extra days. Congrats to everyone who was accepted though!

Now...should I choose CUSOM or LECOM-B?

I always make a pros and cons list to make decisions like that.

-----

Congrats to everyone that got accepted :D do you guys have any interview tips? I'm interviewing Oct 12 and starting to get a little nervous (still very excited though),

Wow, now my decision is even more difficult...CCOM, LECOM-B, or CUSOM?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anybody who opted for November 15 decision call them and get their decision over the phone?

Did anybody who opted for November 15 decision call them and get their decision over the phone?

They told us that if you chose 11/15 and you hear nothing this week you are likely accepted because they would reject or wait list you early and not make you wait that long to know.... so I am hoping that is true.

Anyone 11/15 decision people wanna be the Guinea pig and call them and find out if they will tell us now :laugh: (Only kidding). Let's be patient.

Got accepted!!! First acceptance.

Just got it in the mail

Reactions: 4 users
Also accepted! Who else is seriously considering going here? I'd love to get a group of us going!

Also accepted! Who else is seriously considering going here? I'd love to get a group of us going!

If I don't get accepted to my preferred in state MD school (and I'm in NY, so it's a huuuuuuge long shot) this is my school. I've been actively withdrawing apps from most other schools. I just really like PBL, the cheap tuition, and the thought of studying in paradise. I'd love for a group to get started :)

Anyone with the 11/15 decision get waitlisted or rejected?

Interviewing on November 11th...anyone estimate my "odds" of getting in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the people that got an II or a rejection - how long was the turnaround from secondary being paid for, to the II/rej?

Accepted today! Interviewed 8/17

final review for interview today!

Last edited:
ACCEPTED today by letter! I was in the very first interview group. I will be declining but I was really impressed with the school and area. Hope one of you gets to take advantage of my spot!

mine says app under review, most likely assuming its a rejection?
I've known where I was going for a long time so I haven't researched trends on here so I have no idea. Although I don't think anyone on here can tell you for certain. Sorry.

yeah post interview, well see this week tho.

interviewed!

Last edited:
yeah post interview, well see this week tho.

Did you pick Nov 15th or Oct 1st as your decision date? My portal said what yours does up until a few days before October 1st and I was still accepted (I chose Oct 1st). If you picked Nov 15th it probably doesn't mean anything. Also, the portal system is super glitchy.

11/15 decision and just got the decision in the mail update on the portal. Assuming it's a waitlist... shucks. I really loved this school.

Did anyone else with an 11/15 decision date get a status change?

Mine still says "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."