Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They said the same thing about getting into a u.s. medical school with a sub 18 mcat.

But in the end it's all about who you know that gets you where you wanna be.
Not how you look on paper.
A sub 18 MCAT? Hahahahahahahahaahaha okay thank you for the laughs, truly.

No medical school in this country would accept someone with their highest score being a sub 18 mcat Pretty sure their computers would automatically toss your app before an actual person even saw it. Considering we've already had a handful of people drop out first year, and those are people with good mcats, they're definitely not gonna waste their time with people who clearly aren't going to be able to handle the curriculum. It's a waste of time and money for everyone. Please stop giving ridiculous advice to pre-meds on this forum

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When an idea is considered radical in nature and strays away from conventional standards the author is labeled a heretic.
These numbers only define us as much as the spreadsheet allows, but even at their best, they are a poor substitute for a handshake and a sincere countenance.

Believe what you may but I have said my piece.

When an idea is considered radical in nature and strays away from conventional standards the author is labeled a heretic.
These numbers only define us as much as the spreadsheet allows, but even at their best, they are a poor substitute for a handshake and a sincere countenance.

Believe what you may but I have said my piece.
You're so full of **** it's laughable. You claim your scores are something different on every single forum. You bounce around from 55 lizzy m, to 59 lizzy m, then a 29 mcat then a 30 mcat (and now you're saying you have a sub 18 mcat), also your gpa fluctuates as well. And apparently you're accepted to basically every med school you've applied

Quit trolling and quit telling people they should go to NOVA solely because there's a $120,000 scholarship, as if the entire class is going to receive it. I'm sure it's incredibly limited and competitive.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You do realize that I quoted your stats in that message correct?

lol you're pretty good with photoshop.
also why you have access to two separate accounts for posting is a bit strange.
you should have posted the whole original picture instead of cutting and pasting separate messages together

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.35.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.35.54 AM.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 112
lol you're pretty good with photoshop.
also why you have access to two separate accounts for posting is a bit strange.
you should have posted the whole original picture instead of cutting and pasting separate messages together
I've been using the same account for 2 years now, and I don't even have photoshop, anyone can click on your account and see all the posts where you constantly change your stats. All I did was screenshot them and post them together. Any ***** knows you didn't get accepted to all the schools you applied to with an 18 mcat dude. But nice try trolling. I just hope nobody reads your bs posts and thinks they shouldn't retake if their mcat was that ****ty, that they would actually stand a chance.

Getting accepted isn't about WHO you know, it's all about your stats, LORs and essays. No one wants the liability of accepting an idiot into their program that will just end up dropping out before the first semester commences.

You posted this on the Bradenton thread Get out of here with your lying self

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 119
I've been using the same account for 2 years now, and I don't even have photoshop, anyone can click on your account and see all the posts where you constantly change your stats. All I did was screenshot them and post them together. Any ***** knows you didn't get accepted to all the schools you applied to with an 18 mcat dude. But nice try trolling. I just hope nobody reads your bs posts and thinks they shouldn't retake if their mcat was that ****ty, that they would actually stand a chance.

Getting accepted isn't about WHO you know, it's all about your stats, LORs and essays. No one wants the liability of accepting an idiot into their program that will just end up dropping out before the first semester commences.

I suppose so.
so for a minute lets just say that getting accepted is based solely on numbers.....
then how is it possible that you got waitlisted at so many schools with such high stats? maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe it's a pattern. you do seem very aggressive.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.52.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.52.02 AM.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 90
what app are you using on your phone, it's so quick.
usually I use photogrid to make photo alterations but it takes me forever....

what app are you using on your phone, it's so quick.
usually I use photogrid to make photo alterations but it takes me forever....
The app is called I screen shot on my iPhone hahaha. I really don't get your point? Anyone can scroll back in this very thread and see you post your scores. Anyone can click on your username and look back at your old posts and see you claiming different scores and GPA's.

And yeah I got wait listed at the University of Washington with a 30 mcat, is it that hard to believe? My scores were good enough to get me an interview, but it's an extremely competitive school so I didn't make the cut, out of thousands and thousands of applicants I'm sure I wasn't in the top 100 that they accepted. I think their average mcat to even get in was a 31-32. I got wait listed at ONE school, that's not "so many" lol.

But with an 18 mcat (which I presume you got by closing your eyes during the exam and clicking randomly), you wouldn't even get an interview let alone a secondary if the school pre-screens. As long as people realize you're just trolling, my job here is done, I just didn't want people thinking they had a chance with a **** score like that at multiple acceptances, and they realize they'll need to retake to get in.

No no.

You got wait listed at tour Nevada
That's what that post was from

The app is called I screen shot on my iPhone hahaha. I really don't get your point? Anyone can scroll back in this very thread and see you post your scores. Anyone can click on your username and look back at your old posts and see you claiming different scores and GPA's.

And yeah I got wait listed at the University of Washington with a 30 mcat, is it that hard to believe? My scores were good enough to get me an interview, but it's an extremely competitive school so I didn't make the cut, out of thousands and thousands of applicants I'm sure I wasn't in the top 100 that they accepted. I think their average mcat to even get in was a 31-32. I got wait listed at ONE school, that's not "so many" lol.

But with an 18 mcat (which I presume you got by closing your eyes during the exam and clicking randomly), you wouldn't even get an interview let alone a secondary if the school pre-screens. As long as people realize you're just trolling, my job here is done, I just didn't want people thinking they had a chance with a **** score like that at multiple acceptances, and they realize they'll need to retake to get in.

mind you their median mcat for matriculation is a 28 and gpa is a 3.5
see below for fact checking.

in addition you posted that you were waitlisted to many other schools in the same bracket.
it is all very strange to me :(

so something is very very off between what you say, and what actually happened haha.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 12.21.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 12.21.11 PM.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 100
mind you their median mcat for matriculation is a 28 and gpa is a 3.5
see below for fact checking.

in addition you posted that you were waitlisted to many other schools in the same bracket.
it is all very strange to me :(

so something is very very off between what you say, and what actually happened haha.
Waitlisted at touro and rejected post interview UW, I don't remember the details of my app cycle perfectly. Anyways I still don't get your point? You're not even in med school and you're putting me down for getting wait listed by some other school a year ago? I was only wait listed by one school, I just forgot which. Can you show any proof I was "waitlisted to many other schools in the same bracket"? Didn't think so.

Each school gets thousands and thousands of applicants, the people they instantly weed out are those with extremely low mcats, such as an 18. Those that pre-screen instantly trash those apps. If the school doesn't pre-screen, they'll collect your secondary app fee and then trash your app. Nobody gets in with that sh*tty of a score, it's just not worth it for the school, because you clearly won't be able to handle the curriculum and will just drop out. Even after that weeding out, there's still thousands with great scores, at the end of the day, does it REALLY matter person A got a 28 but person B got a 30? Probably not. But if you have two applicants, one with a 28, and one with an 18, the 18 will be laughed out the door. I don't even know why we are even having this conversation, you claimed allover this site to have a 29 mcat so you'll be fine.

If you you read my post I never said it's "solely based on stats", I said it's based on stats, LORs and essays, as well experience actually. I didn't get rejected because someone with a 16 took my place lol, they had thousands of qualified applicants and I interviewed late in the cycle. But if your scores are dismal, you have no shot, you just won't be able to handle the curriculum, it's a waste of everybody's time. And as great as net working is, if your boards are garbage, you're not getting in anywhere competitive either. However if you and person B have 240 board scores and all else equal, then yeah it helps to know the director.

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing is....
I was accepted to touro nevada.
So it was not a person with a 16 taking your place.
But someone like me.

Maybe you should work on your communication skills?
I believe it would benefit your professional career.

BTW I sent you a message

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=intent://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcWM_1hBu_c#Intent;scheme=http;package=com.google.android.youtube;S.browser_fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWcWM_1hBu_c;S.android.intent.extra.REFERRER_NAME=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com;launchFlags=0x8080000;end&ved=0ahUKEwiJkIShpfrKAhXKWz4KHePSB9cQjjgIMDAG&usg=AFQjCNFYXPxa8NGPZmc3ACjM70KrxDIwiQ&sig2=p3opmFfJtEfmf4VTqp9VaQ

Please watch the full video, I hope it's message enlightens you.

Last edited:
take your dick measuring contest elsewhere

Reactions: 5 users
The thing is....
I was accepted to touro nevada.
So it was not a person with a 16 taking your place.
But me.

Maybe you should work on your communication skills?
I believe it would benefit your professional career.

BTW I sent you a message

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=intent://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcWM_1hBu_c#Intent;scheme=http;package=com.google.android.youtube;S.browser_fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWcWM_1hBu_c;S.android.intent.extra.REFERRER_NAME=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com;launchFlags=0x8080000;end&ved=0ahUKEwiJkIShpfrKAhXKWz4KHePSB9cQjjgIMDAG&usg=AFQjCNFYXPxa8NGPZmc3ACjM70KrxDIwiQ&sig2=p3opmFfJtEfmf4VTqp9VaQ

Please watch the full video, I hope it's message enlightens you.
If you took my place at Touro you'd already be studying at Touro. But...congrats?? I hope you find something better to do with your time than tell people they can get in with an 18. Now I have a PBL exam to study for, bye.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck on your test!

If you ever need any advice you know where to find me.

It goes down in the dm

declined my acceptance today. Hope one of you will get it! good luck everyone!!

So got an interview for 3/21. I didn't realize it but lecom Bradenton had me listed as missing 3 English credits which was wrong on their part. As soon as I noticed and emailed the admissions coordinator, I was sent an interview invite. Is the class filled at this point? Kinda bummed about the fact that there was an administration error that could have prevented me from getting an earlier interview.

So got an interview for 3/21. I didn't realize it but lecom Bradenton had me listed as missing 3 English credits which was wrong on their part. As soon as I noticed and emailed the admissions coordinator, I was sent an interview invite. Is the class filled at this point? Kinda bummed about the fact that there was an administration error that could have prevented me from getting an earlier interview.

I interviewed 2/12 and they said they were not full. The admissions coordinator said they had a deadline coming up where accepted students needed to put down their deposits or lose their spots. She said this typically results in more open spots as accepted students opt to go elsewhere.

Accidentally clicked into the Bradenton thread instead of the Erie/Seton Hill one... whoops! You guys are dramatic down there...

Anyway, while I'm here, maybe I can contribute a tiny bit. "Someone was once accepted with an MCAT of 19!" is oft-quoted SDN lore, and while it's true, it's not the whole story. If I recall correctly, it's the story of an applicant who was active duty military, and ended up taking the exam on a <1 day leave, in a foreign country, after not having the opportunity to sleep for 24+ hours. That's not a story of a school suddenly and arbitrarily dropping their standards, that's the story of an applicant who truly is special and deserves to be cut a bit of slack.

Edited: spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Accidentally clicked into the Bradenton thread instead of the Erie/Seton Hill one... whoops! You guys are dramatic down there...

Anyway, while I'm here, maybe I can contribute a tiny bit. "Someone was once accepted with an MCAT of 19!" is oft-quoted SDN lore, and while it's true, it's not the whole story. If I recall correctly, it's the story of an applicant who was active duty military, and ended up taking the exam on a <1 day leave, in a foreign country, after not having the opportunity to sleep for 24+ hours. That's not a story of a school suddenly and arbitrarily dropping their standards, that's the story of an applicant who truly is special and deserves to be cut a bit of slack.

Edited: spelling
Yes the last couple of pages have been a trainwreck lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hi, @ChillinVillian1234!

I've also been waiting to hear back from Bradenton. I was complete 12/29 and heard back early this month from LECOM-SH for an interview, but for LECOM-B, it's stayed the same as "application received" and that the review process would begin. Where were you able to check your credits?

On the portal, I only see a way to check my letters and credits for SH, which actually are all showing "x's," too. :wideyed:

Hi, @ChillinVillian1234!

I've also been waiting to hear back from Bradenton. I was complete 12/29 and heard back early this month from LECOM-SH for an interview, but for LECOM-B, it's stayed the same as "application received" and that the review process would begin. Where were you able to check your credits?

On the portal, I only see a way to check my letters and credits for SH, which actually are all showing "x's," too. :wideyed:
Hey! That's what I used to check mine. Check your home page and on the right you'll see required letters and credits tab. Click on it and check both schools. I'm pretty sure that's what you mentioned in your post right? When I clicked on mine I noticed I was missing some for Bradenton but not Erie and I emailed the admissions coordinator Ms. Shively.

Hey! That's what I used to check mine. Check your home page and on the right you'll see required letters and credits tab. Click on it and check both schools. I'm pretty sure that's what you mentioned in your post right? When I clicked on mine I noticed I was missing some for Bradenton but not Erie and I emailed the admissions coordinator Ms. Shively.

Hi!

That is! I went to "required letters and credits" then "view folder items." The odd thing is, I can only see it for LECOM-SH, which shows all red "x's" and I don't see one at all for Bradenton. I did get my II for LECOM-SH and have it scheduled on the portal though. :confused:

Do yours show as green check-marks?

Hi!

That is! I went to "required letters and credits" then "view folder items." The odd thing is, I can only see it for LECOM-SH, which shows all red "x's" and I don't see one at all for Bradenton. I did get my II for LECOM-SH and have it scheduled on the portal though. :confused:

Do yours show as green check-marks?
They have a date next to them if they were received. You don't have any other options in a drop down bar? i had a lot of trouble with submitting my secondary for Bradenton this time around. I had to submit the application twice before the deposit was taken from my bank account, and then I never got an email until much later confirming that they received my secondary. I would just follow up with them and make sure all is in order. When you check the "admission status" tab can you pick Bradenton?

They have a date next to them if they were received. You don't have any other options in a drop down bar? i had a lot of trouble with submitting my secondary for Bradenton this time around. I had to submit the application twice before the deposit was taken from my bank account, and then I never got an email until much later confirming that they received my secondary. I would just follow up with them and make sure all is in order. When you check the "admission status" tab can you pick Bradenton?

How strange!

I'll definitely follow-up with both campuses. It's odd that none of my materials for SH have been entered when I have my interview scheduled. :wideyed:

I can! I see Bradenton under "admissions status." It says that my application is "under review" and that they would notify me as soon as a decision has been made. I checked my email inbox though and realized that I never got a confirmation email from Bradenton about receiving my secondary. Time to call. :bookworm: I really appreciate your help, @ChillinVillian1234!

Rejected via snail mail today.
Me too. This whole process is unbelievable. They say if you work hard, get in good scores and experiences, then you'll get in. HAH! I didn't even get an interview. Accepting the fact that I'll never become a doctor is the hardest thing I've ever done

Last edited by a moderator:
So I sent in my secondary on 02/11. Emailed them today to make sure they had everything they needed and admissions said it could take up to eight weeks for a final decision. A final decision about an interview or what?

Me too. This whole process is unbelievable. They say if you work hard, get in good scores and experiences, then you'll get in. HAH! I didn't even get an interview. Accepting the fact that I'll never become a doctor is the hardest thing I've ever done

How many times have you applied?

So I sent in my secondary on 02/11. Emailed them today to make sure they had everything they needed and admissions said it could take up to eight weeks for a final decision. A final decision about an interview or what?

Yes, they're likely referring to an II.

I believe all applicants need to interview before being considered for an acceptance. I've also been waiting to hear back from LECOM-B since 12/29. It'll be about 8 weeks tomorrow. :eek:

As long as they have everything they need, I'm sure you're set! Best of luck, @limestonerunner!

twice :(
the first time i only applied to 1 school though, this time i applied to like 18

Don't give up! There are other routes. You could enroll in SMP or postbac program's that have direct linkages or "guarenteed interviews" if you meet a certain GPA during within that program.

Last edited:

dude don't think like this. this whole process ****ing blows and is a total crapshoot mixed with a little luck. This is my 2nd cycle and I only got 1 interview and I was waitlisted. Do NOT give up.
I have come to terms that essentially anybody from no matter what background can get accepted to medical school somewhere. It all just depends on how BAD you want it. and how hard you are willing to work for it. I have a little brother who didn't try for **** in undergrad who is now accepted to a great MD school on his first shot and multiple friends who have all taken acceptances at places that I thought I had a really decent shot at. I don't want to sound douchey but there are definitely many of my friends out there out there that I feel as if don't deserve the spot they have are and are taking it for granted. They're doing it from family pressure or other reasons and have so much arrogance because they got in first cycle no problem.

I honestly think that getting rejected so many times is good for me(us) because it is teaching me humility and made me realize that I am not the bad-ass I pictured myself as when I entered college. And I think that, for my friends in particular, a lot of them are getting to succumb to the pressure. Or get a huge wake up call at the incredibly inconvenient time in the middle of semester that they have need to grind harder or they'll get weeded out. It made me take a good hard look at myself and my app and made me realize that on paper, I ****ing suck and I do NOT deserve a spot. and that my newly inspired drive and desire for a spot is not translating like I am thinking it should. But that's not stopping me. I have family telling me to give up and that going DO would be the worst decision of my life and that they would feel embarrassed with DO school when talking to their friends since 1 son is going to decent MD school and 1 is begging for a DO acceptance. But that's not stopping me.

I am studying for my MCAT again and now I really have the perspective and drive for it that I should've had when I took it the first couple times. I am taking an ass-load of credits this summer to show a true upward trend. I am working full-time in prestigious Breast Cancer Research (there is 1 project in the works right now that, i think, will revolutionize cancer therapy in a couple years). and I'm teaching myself programming and coding to develop an app that I've been thinking about doing for a while. And I'm moving out in August if this wait-list doesn't work for me.

All you need to do is PROVE that you are dedicated and driven and want this **** more than anything and then people will be handing you II's like it's nothing.
IDK where im goin with this anymore but dont give up bud.
If you're still feelin down, go watch DJ Khaled's snapchat

Reactions: 5 users
to current LECOM-B students: currently waitlisted here, and I'm a bit torn. not sure if i really want to pursue possibly getting accepted or not. need someone willing to give me their honest opinion about this program.

My app status still says will be reviewed and I was complete in October should I be concerned? Does it ever switch to in review?

Got a notification today from LECOM-B that it's under review!

Just hoping it isn't too late in the cycle. I emailed them on 2/21 to follow-up and now have the drop-down menu for them with the dates on there! Thanks again for your help, @ChillinVillian1234! :giggle:

@MD2B25 Are your materials marked complete in your candidate portal under "required letters and credits"? I had a delay with the process with LECOM-B, too, and followed-up after getting help on this!

Don't give up! I have made some poor decisions in my past and I wasn't sure if they would prevent me from obtaining an interview or not. I've got competitive numbers and a lot of EC's as well, and I am beyond ecstatic because I have an II to a great program. I've had many people in my life put me down and tell me that all my efforts are worthless. Just think of how you will feel when you reach your goal and didn't give in to defeat.

Has anyone from the 2/5 interview group heard back from LECOM-B? I know they told us to expect a decision within about 2 weeks, but my portal still says my file is under review post-interview. I called admissions earlier today and still no decision on my app. Just curious if anyone else from this group has heard anything yet!

to current LECOM-B students: currently waitlisted here, and I'm a bit torn. not sure if i really want to pursue possibly getting accepted or not. need someone willing to give me their honest opinion about this program.

LECOM is a school you go to when you haven't been accepted to any other school and don't want to chance it as an IMG. If you have any other acceptances, pass.

LECOM is a school you go to when you haven't been accepted to any other school and don't want to chance it as an IMG. If you have any other acceptances, pass.

Thats not true at all.. I got 5 other acceptances, and chose this school! I think its unfair to say its a Bad school, that is very subjective, the best school IMO is the one you feel best works for YOUR needs, not what some random premed on SDN writes.

I didn't say it was a bad school, I said if you have other acceptances it's probably best to go elsewhere. LECOM will get you where you need to go (in a general sense), but it's an uphill battle to get there and you're the one doing all the fighting with no help from the school (and sometimes against them).

It's pretty ridiculous that the majority of people that bash the LECOM(s) don't even go there.

Get over yourself.

Actually, I'm a current student here at LECOM-B.

He/she asked for an honest opinion and that's what was provided.

Actually, I'm a current student here at LECOM-B.

He/she asked for an honest opinion and that's what was provided.
I am sure you have valid reasons for feeling the way you feel. However, we were never sold the "perfect school". That is indeed one of the things i liked the most about LECOM. They told you, we are this and it may work for you or it may not so choose carefully. We were also told about the issue with the rotation and how most of the work on that front needed to be done by the student him/herself. We were also told by students ambassadors they sometimes feel somewhat of a disconnect between the administration and the students.
All of the above is well-known and was never hidden from prospective students. It is up to those prospective students to determine whether the positives outweigh the negatives. Once again i appreciate how upfront you are about the situation, but i believe your outlook on the subject to be slightly monochromatic. In my particular case I believe LECOM is perfect for me and not just a last resort (i guess that is my own monochromatic opinion)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

John you are totally correct. What I stated was my opinion and I hope people can deduce these kinds of things in conversation. Everyone has there own opinion and they range all over the map.