Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I don't know. I'm just reading on my health professions site that lists all the schools Rutgers graduates get into for medical school.
What site is that?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have thoughts about those not receiving secondaries? Would not shadowing a D.O. play a role? I haven't technically "shadowed" a D.O., but I work with them as a scribe which is more meaningful than shadowing anyway. Hopefully that isn't the deterrent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have thoughts about those not receiving secondaries? Would not shadowing a D.O. play a role? I haven't technically "shadowed" a D.O., but I work with them as a scribe which is more meaningful than shadowing anyway. Hopefully that isn't the deterrent.

No. I got a secondary before they even input my requirements into the system. You can even get an II without any LOR.

Edit: received seton hill not bradenton

Edit again: just received the Bradenton secondary!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Edit: received seton hill not bradenton

Edit again: just received the Bradenton secondary!

Seton Hill? Did you mean Erie Campus? On the secondary, they ask you to choose which campus you want, Erie, or Seton Hill. (Erie being the main one.)

Make sure you choose carefully. Seton Hill is only PBL, if that's what you really want. I chose Erie because I like structure, so LDP for me.

Just received secondary. They no longer require a DO LOR!

Seton Hill? Did you mean Erie Campus? On the secondary, they ask you to choose which campus you want, Erie, or Seton Hill. (Erie being the main one.)

Make sure you choose carefully. Seton Hill is only PBL, if that's what you really want. I chose Erie because I like structure, so LDP for me.

Yes sorry, I meant LECOM Erie! PBL is a better fit for me so I chose Seton Hill

received and submitted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess that's a bit of relief. On AACOMAS, it shows LECOM-B verified my app 6/29, so maybe they take a few weeks to completely process and send out secondaries? Idk, that's my hope lol

Edit: Sorry guys, I meant paid for, which presumably would be around the verification time (not sure what would cause someone who paid later to get verified earlier?)

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I realize it was the paid for date, and not the verification date. Sorry about the confusion!

So I made the payment yesterday and got the "secondary received" email but they didn't charge my card...

Well then, seems as if LECOM-B misplaced my app, or simply looked at it and was disgusted by my Georgia affiliation. LOL.

Update: I sent them a message regarding my secondary, or lack there of. We'll see if they reply/what they say...

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
So, they replied stating to wait 1-2 weeks! So keep your heads up if you've been waiting!

I also contacted them and they said they haven't downloaded my application yet!

Recieved my secondary and submitted :) Do they send out a secondary to everybody that submits a primary? Or do they screen

I recieved an interview invite just now!!

Reactions: 4 users
wow congrats on the IIs y'all!! I am glad they are finally sending them out. When were all of you complete? did you get a call or an email?

Thanks!
LizzyM: 63
Submitted on 7/13 and was never really notified I was under review or completed. It just showed I was under review at Erie

awesome! can y'all share the available interview dates? if you want to not post it here, PM please.

They scheduled it automatically

II today as well! 3.3sGPA, 3.4cGPA, 508 MCAT 2015. Very excited!

Reactions: 1 users
II today....on the way home from my interview at the Erie campus!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats guys! That's awesome.
I pretty much gave up my hope to get an II with my stats lol. Looks like they send interview invites right away to people who they want to see!

Congrats guys! That's awesome.
I pretty much gave up my hope to get an II with my stats lol. Looks like they send interview invites right away to people who they want to see!

Well, I wrote down the averages for the incoming Erie class. It was MCAT 27, cGPA 3.50, sGPA 3.40, nonsciGPA 3.62. Hope this helps.

Well, I wrote down the averages for the incoming Erie class. It was MCAT 27, cGPA 3.50, sGPA 3.40, nonsciGPA 3.62. Hope this helps.
Yep, probably a waste of 100$ for me.
I have 3.8 and 24.
Did anyone get the rejection email?