Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have received no email II, but just checked the portal and I have a II!
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Amazing! Does it let you schedule an interview? Doesn't for me, but I recall others said Bradenton scheduled it for them in the email.

Nope - I actually noticed the status change yesterday and thought it might have been an error because I don't have access to the scheduler. Hopefully it's legit!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope - I actually noticed the status change yesterday and thought it might have been an error because I don't have access to the scheduler. Hopefully it's legit!
Crap, I do hope this isn't some system glitch :laugh:

anyone else wanna check their portal??

Just received a secondary. Wasn't notified. Just showed up in the portal. I wonder how long it's been there??

Anyone who rescheduled their interview, I have access to the calendar but I do not see any underlined dates. Anyone else having similar issue?

They said they will send out an email this week telling us when they "upload dates to the calendar". She told me to "wait for the email."

Are they allowing us to look at this calendar only if you request to reschedule? Cause they schedule for you initially?

Are they allowing us to look at this calendar only if you request to reschedule? Cause they schedule for you initially?

From what I understand, you are initially given a date to interview (08/07). If you want to reschedule, you have to call the office about rescheduling. Once that is done you will see on your portal a side menu for picking a date for your interview. So far, it does not let you pick any dates but I guess they haven't announced any open dates yet.

Has anyone still not received a secondary yet? I meet the minimum requirements. How do I access the portal, if I have not received an email yet?

Has anyone still not received a secondary yet? I meet the minimum requirements. How do I access the portal, if I have not received an email yet?
+1.

Well, have you received any emails from LECOM regarding secondaries? I've only got a secondary from the Erie campus and I can technically see the LECOM-B campus portal but I can't access it because I haven't got the secondary from that campus yet.. (that's what I assume). I got a secondary from Erie on 7/24/15.

I received an Erie secondary.. But was able to access the portal for both campuses. Submitted my secondary apps for both. I never received an email confirming receipt of my primary from Bradenton campus. I did however receive an email stating they had successfully received my secondary application.

I received an Erie secondary.. But was able to access the portal for both campuses. Submitted my secondary apps for both. I never received an email confirming receipt of my primary from Bradenton campus. I did however receive an email stating they had successfully received my secondary application.
OHHHHHH! wow I just realized that I read the highlighted "The supplemental application for the 2015 Bradenton Entering Class is now Closed." wrong!!!!
Haha I do have an access to Bradenton campus then! :p I feel so stupid :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, this may seem like a stupid question but can someone please explain to me the differences between PBL, LDP, and DSP? I know PBL is problem based learning but I want to know what the other 2 are and how they are different from each other. Pros and Cons maybe?

Thank you in advance!

I don't know much about the others but I can tell you more about the PBL at the Bradenton Campus. One of their admissions team came to my SMP to recruit and this is what he told us:

MWF is your PBL. Its a couple hours (2-3) and that's it for the day. Basically, you're broken into groups of say 8 or 9. And everybody has a "role." One person is the patient, one is the doctor, one writes down info on the whiteboard, etc and then you have a supervisor. The patient presents their symptoms and the doctor asks questions. When the doctor runs out of questions, the other people in the group chime in. Then you narrow down what tests to do and then the diagnoses and treatments. This process takes a few days so by Friday you usually finish and start a new case with everyone switching roles. At the end of each case, your supervisor asks you what info you needed to know that you didn't have. Ex if the patient had diabetes then maybe everyone needed to brush up on that. Then, its your job to go research and learn about the things your group said to learn. Your exam will be based on this. (And yes, they create 20 diff exams for 20 diff groups).

Tuesdays are osteopathic medicine and Thursdays are for a clinical exam course. There are other courses sprinkled throughout like a 10 week anatomy course, health care management, ethics, public health, etc.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
People who have already interviewed (this yr or previous years),
how did you get there? plane to tampa and then drive???

People who have already interviewed (this yr or previous years),
how did you get there? plane to tampa and then drive???
I am a current first year, so I can't say much about schoolwork yet, but I can tell you that flying into the Sarasota-Bradenton airport (SRQ) often isn't that much more expensive to fly into than Tampa if you can fly a red eye the day before, then there is a 5:30 PM flight out. This is for Delta.

Another piece of unsolicited advice is to look into travel rewards credit cards. You are going to be spending a lot of money for secondaries, flights, hotels, rental cars, moving, wardrobe (professional dress code at LECOM), and flights home for holidays once you're in school. You may as well get/use some rewards on all the money you're spending.

I, too, only received the email from just LECOM-E. But do you guys think its okay to submit the LECOM-B secondary without receiving any official email from them? I just don't want my app to get lost because I wasn't patient enough. What do you guys think?
I honestly don't know what to tell you. I didn't even realize that I hadn't received a secondary invite by email from LECOM-B until after I had already submitted it. I got the one from LECOM-E and got excited :) lol

I got the lecom B supplimental and submitted it. how did you guys get access to the ERIE supplemental without an email from them?

Last edited:
I have received no email II, but just checked the portal and I have a II!
That's really weird. On the portal it literally says "If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by e-mail."

That's really weird. On the portal it literally says "If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by e-mail."

Under admission status it just said " Congratulations, you have been selected for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will be sent instructions by e-mail for scheduling the date on our portal."

The only email I got was something saying "I understand you may have had trouble picking an interview date. I have resolved this issue you now can go an choose one. If I can be of any assistance please contact me. "

I never got an email saying "blah blah blah we want to interview you"

Under admission status it just said " Congratulations, you have been selected for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will be sent instructions by e-mail for scheduling the date on our portal."

The only email I got was something saying "I understand you may have had trouble picking an interview date. I have resolved this issue you now can go an choose one. If I can be of any assistance please contact me. "

Same here. Mavs88 had the same thing and actually did end up getting an e-mail. I've had this status since the weekend with no II e-mail yet. I'm still not convinced it's not a glitch lol

I had the same happen to me^ i just scheduled my interview now so it's not a glitch!

wow cant believe people are getting there II already. *fingers crossed*

This is the exact same email I got as well. Nice that they are letting us schedule when we want.

How long are interviews??? Like what time will be out of there

I had the same happen to me^ i just scheduled my interview now so it's not a glitch!

so you had the "Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance." status online and then recieved an email about the interview? How long did it take for the email to arrive?

I never got that email. I got the "I understand you may have had trouble picking an interview date. I have resolved this issue you now can go an choose one. If I can be of any assistance please contact me. "

Did anyone get the "Your supplemental application has been processed" email? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret this...

Did anyone get the "Your supplemental application has been processed" email? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret this...

I didn't one like that and I've been complete for some time.

I also have had the same admission status in the portal which says "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file".......by the sounds of it, others (especially those who have gotten interviews) have had a status say something different so I don't know what to make of that either.

I didn't one like that and I've been complete for some time.

I also have had the same admission status in the portal which says "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file".......by the sounds of it, others (especially those who have gotten interviews) have had a status say something different so I don't know what to make of that either.

I had the same one and I got an II

I'm so confused right now. I have a 3.7 sGPA and 27 MCAT. Its been 2 weeks I've sent them my LORS and DO letter and i have not received a secondary application. I thought LEECOM-B does not do secondary applications and just invites people for interviews? My MCAT has not been yet sent to ACOMS and I have another MCAT that I took and will be posted August 18th. Should I call them??

they have se
I'm so confused right now. I have a 3.7 sGPA and 27 MCAT. Its been 2 weeks I've sent them my LORS and DO letter and i have not received a secondary application. I thought LEECOM-B does not do secondary applications and just invites people for interviews? My MCAT has not been yet sent to ACOMS and I have another MCAT that I took and will be posted August 18th. Should I call them??

They have no secondary essays, not no secondary. The secondary is some bio info and a fee
If you do not have an MCAT up yet then I don't think they will send you a secondary. Even after your MCAT is up, it could take several days.

Most of the people getting secondaries and interviews now had everything into AACOMAS really early
Be patient

Sent in my secondary on 7/22 and my folder items area is still completely blank. Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure mine was blank until a little less than 2 weeks later
Phew. I keep seeing people posting they got an II like 3 days after submitting their secondary - thanks for the reply!!

Sent in my secondary on 7/22 and my folder items area is still completely blank. Thoughts?

+1
I submitted the same day and the folder is still empty. I feel kind of stupid because I thought since it was still blank that it was supposed to be. What should show up there?

Okay so I checked my admission status and it says "Congrats, you have been scheduled for an interview" but I haven't received an email and I don't see a drop down of dates in the interview tab... If this is a mean trick I am seriously going to cry! Did this happen to anyone else??

Okay so I checked my admission status and it says "Congrats, you have been scheduled for an interview" but I haven't received an email and I don't see a drop down of dates in the interview tab... If this is a mean trick I am seriously going to cry! Did this happen to anyone else??
Lol ugh I am jealous! Mine still just says that my supplemental was received and the review process will start on my app. What are your stats?

This happened to me! Call them ASAP. Apparently they sent me an email but I never got it (and I check my email daily) and I nearly missed the deadline to accept my interview. But once I called, she resent it while I was on the phone.

This happened to me! Call them ASAP. Apparently they sent me an email but I never got it (and I check my email daily) and I nearly missed the deadline to accept my interview. But once I called, she resent it while I was on the phone.

THANK YOU for the advice!! I will call today!

@amc896 - 28 MCAT 3.83 sGPA 3.88 cGPA Also, my folder populated with classes the same time my status changed. Maybe you are next :)