Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my portal says it's processed and will be sent to ad com. It's been like this for more than 2 weeks!!! submitted 7/13. (GPA: 3.7+, MCAT: 28) anyone submitted this time and haven't heard back yet?
i'm in the same boat and we have almost identical stats... hang in there

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sigh...why can't all secondaries be this simple LOL. Just received mine today..submitted 5 minutes later.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my portal says it's processed and will be sent to ad com. It's been like this for more than 2 weeks!!! submitted 7/13. (GPA: 3.7+, MCAT: 28) anyone submitted this time and haven't heard back yet?
Similar stats as well and submission time with no status update. Hopefully our turn comes.

submitted today...28 MCAT 3.7s, 3.67c Will update if/when I hear anything

Reactions: 1 users
II for the 28th! So pumped, first II!
Lizzy M around 68 for anyone curious.

Didn't receive an email, but just checked my portal and received an II!

Stats: MCAT 27 (10/8/9), 3.83 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA, OOS

Last edited:
For those receiving IIs, if you don't mind posting stats that would be helpful for everyone!

I received an II this past Monday, I have a 3.8/31 and OOS

Have any interviewees chosen a hotel or heard which is the best to stay at? Holiday Inn Express is close and cheap, but the Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch has free shuttles to LECOM which would be very convenient to not have to worry about finding a cab. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
The wait is hard. I submitted 07/13 and nothing yet.

3.78/3.72, 31 mcat, low SMP gpa, in state

I didn't receive the email either. But I checked the portal and got a II for Bradenton. Stat is 3.8/27 OOS. Secondary complete 07/25. Btw, anyone has any tips on how to get to LECOM/what place to stay for the night?

Hm we have the same MCAT and GPA but I was complete closer to mid-July and haven't heard anything.

Where on the portal does it mention your II?

Go to the "admission" tap on the top left, then go to "view admissions status" at the bottom right. It should tell you the status of your app. If you are selected for an interview, you should be able to go to the interview scheduling on the left and find options available.

I know it might be difficult at this point, but try to be patient. I don't think there is a pattern on who gets II's earlier.

Go to the "admission" tap on the top left, then go to "view admissions status" at the bottom right. It should tell you the status of your app. If you are selected for an interview, you should be able to go to the interview scheduling on the left and find options available.

I know it might be difficult at this point, but try to be patient. I don't think there is a pattern on who gets II's earlier.

I'll check later. Thanks!

And I know, I'm gonna go crazy this next year! Haha

I didn't receive the email either. But I checked the portal and got a II for Bradenton. Stat is 3.8/27 OOS. Secondary complete 07/25. Btw, anyone has any tips on how to get to LECOM/what place to stay for the night?

I'm wondering the same thing- I am leaning towards one of the Holiday Inns that were on the list (Express or Lakewood Ranch). The Express is close to LECOM, but Lakewood Ranch has a free shuttle that drops you off before your interview and picks you up after. Would appreciate suggestions from anyone who is more familiar with the area :)

I just submitted my primary app about a week ago. Will I get the secondary via email, or do I have to keep checking AACOMAS for updates? Congrats to everyone getting interviews, this is making me even more impatient!!

Hi so I am gonna be in Bradenton for the first time for the interview. I wanted to ask you guys If there are any must see spots or places to go

I submitted the secondary on 7/15 and got an email today that it was just processed....so I guess I wasn't complete as early as I thought, womp :confused:

I was verified on 7/16 and still no secondary invite email. Am I missing something, or are they not interested in me?

Hi so I am gonna be in Bradenton for the first time for the interview. I wanted to ask you guys If there are any must see spots or places to go
Depends on what you're into. If you like botanical gardens, the Marie Selby Gardens are beautiful. I'd definitely recommend going to the beach if you don't get the chance to go a lot. Siesta Key is a great beach (and my #2 fav Florida beach on the west coast). You can also go shopping at Ellenton Outlet Mall. They usually have good deals.

Go to siesta key beach and feel the smoothest sand ever between your toes. Also try st. armands circle.

Question for those who are interviewing next week/have interviewed here in the past. If you are traveling from TPA how would you recommend getting to Bradenton (and then back of course)? I'm considering renting a car, but since I'm still young the rates are a tad high. I'll fork over the cash need be, but if anyone has any other RELIABLE options/ideas please let me know :)

Question for those who are interviewing next week/have interviewed here in the past. If you are traveling from TPA how would you recommend getting to Bradenton (and then back of course)? I'm considering renting a car, but since I'm still young the rates are a tad high. I'll fork over the cash need be, but if anyone has any other RELIABLE options/ideas please let me know :)
Create a USAA account on their website and then use their discount to rent a car. It eliminates the under 25 driver charge. That's what I did and I am driving to Bradenton from Tampa next Friday for very cheap lol.

Create a USAA account on their website and then use their discount to rent a car. It eliminates the under 25 driver charge. That's what I did and I am driving to Bradenton from Tampa next Friday for very cheap lol.

USAA account through the LECOM website?

how much is it to rent a car? to save money I plan on flying to Tampa. but not sure, if the cost of rental car will even out with flying directly to sarasota airport

How long does it take to get the secondary after submitting the primary?

My family goes to Bradenton all the time and we fly allegiant into Punta-Gorda and its wayyyy cheaper than Tampa or Bradenton. If you have allegiant near you definitely look into that.

for those of you going in to interview, have your LOR's been marked as received in the portal yet? I had my letters uploaded to AACOMAS to be sent with my primary, but when I check the portal it's not there. Do I have to send it directly to the school itself, does anyone know? Thanks

for those of you going in to interview, have your LOR's been marked as received in the portal yet? I had my letters uploaded to AACOMAS to be sent with my primary, but when I check the portal it's not there. Do I have to send it directly to the school itself, does anyone know? Thanks

I sent mine via interfolio and they've recieved them. I've heard people had a lot of problems sending letters via AACOMAS. Maybe someone else knows?

I had an issue with only one of mine being uploaded. I emailed the lady who sent us the confirmation emails. She changed things within minutes. super helpful!

When I look at the folder items under requirements met it shows a date next to both science professor letters. Then under requirements not yet met, it shows my letters haven't been received. I'm a little confused..