Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." -- which I assume is a rejection as I haven't interviewed.

I already have an MD acceptance so I'm not too bummed, but this seems a bit.... quick? Considering I have very competitive stats.

whoa, where do you have an acceptance already at? Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Just interviewed here today, loved the area! The other applicants were also fun to talk to :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was group style. Very relaxed and conversational. I always wonder which sdn user correlates to people in real life lol.

Reactions: 2 users
I am having a hard time picturing the Interview day in my head. So the interviewer poses a question and the applicants in the group take turn answering it? How many applicants in one group btw?

Has anyone who interviewed got the same update as @Azete?

Unfortunately this is their standard "rejection" status. It could also mean acceptance but obviously not before an interview.

If it's any consolation, I already have 4 other IIs and an acceptance, and I know several other strong candidates (3.5+ GPA, 30+ MCAT) that were rejected pre-interview. They seem to have a particular style of candidate they're interested in this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I am having a hard time picturing the Interview day in my head. So the interviewer poses a question and the applicants in the group take turn answering it? How many applicants in one group btw?

Exactly. There are generally 6 to 7 students per group. Very friendly admission staff as well.

Exactly. There are generally 6 to 7 students per group. Very friendly admission staff as well.

Are questions directed at each student individually or is it a semi-competition to get talking time?

Last edited:
My Bradenton app says this: We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made. But, my LECOM app says it is under review. Submitted LECOM first then Bradenton, been like this for a week or so.

Are questions directed at each student individually or is it a semi-competition to get talking time?
The questions were just asked to the group and anyone who wanted to answer could start. A couple of the questions not everyone answered, but most questions everyone got a chance.

My Bradenton app says this: We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made. But, my LECOM app says it is under review. Submitted LECOM first then Bradenton, been like this for a week or so.

That is the Bradenton status that shows up when you are under review. The next status update will either say something along the lines of "you have been selected to interview on x date" or "you will be notified by mail of the committee's decision." The latter most likely being a rejection. It'll probably take 2-3 weeks (assuming they have received a lot more applications compared to June/early July completion) to hear back from them. I wouldn't be worried.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just came back from II yesterday. Other students were pretty fun talk to as the day went along. Didn't sense any sort of competitive behavior from any of em.

As for Interview, there were 8 students in one room. 2 interviewees. They throw out a question and we discuss. It is completely voluntary so you can choose to speak up or remain quiet. Discussion lasts until conversation dies and then interviewer throws another question out for discussion. My session was mostly PBL, healthcare policy, what makes a good doctor, dealing with stress, etc

Reactions: 2 users
Very confused about this secondary. I'm positive I selected Bradenton over Erie, but under my application status it says LECOM-Erie for location. Did I submit the wrong secondary? Did they misfile my application (I had a hell of a time submitting payment due to some IT error on their end so I wouldn't be surprised)? I got the "we have processed your application email on 8/12, when should I expect some sort of response?

So yesterday I received the "Admissions Committee has made a decision..." rejection status. Today I get a text and e-mail that my app has begun the review process. What in the hell is going on here?

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this school needs to get it together...

Did anyone who interviewed yesterday get a text?

Did your portal status change too?

Very confused about this secondary. I'm positive I selected Bradenton over Erie, but under my application status it says LECOM-Erie for location. Did I submit the wrong secondary? Did they misfile my application (I had a hell of a time submitting payment due to some IT error on their end so I wouldn't be surprised)? I got the "we have processed your application email on 8/12, when should I expect some sort of response?

Erie and Bradenton are separate primaries, you might have selected the wrong one at that stage

At the secondary stage, if you selected Erie: you can choose Erie or Seton Hill

Any ladies mind sharing what they wore to the interview/what other people wore??

Any ladies mind sharing what they wore to the interview/what other people wore??

I think everyone wore a black or navy suit- there were pants and skirts- and a neutral collared shirt or blouse underneath

yeah maybe they are doing it based on other stuff

Last edited:
I got interview offers from the other leecoms but still not from this one
I don't think I might particularly have what they are looking for
Can anyone with an interview so far look at my stats and tell me if I am in the same ballpark?
thanks so much

3.5 sgpa
29 mcat
I have the same stats and have an interview here. I know there are people with lower stats (i.e. MCAT 24 or 25 and/or 3.1 GPA)... it's still very early in the process..I wouldn't be discouraged just yet!

People who have been interviewed here, can you please tell if there is any document we need to bring along for the Interview Day. I can't remember receiving an email from LECOM specifying anything about the documents but when I scheduled an interview at other schools they surely had a list.
Just want to make sure and avoid any last minute surprises. Lmk please

People who have been interviewed here, can you please tell if there is any document we need to bring along for the Interview Day. I can't remember receiving an email from LECOM specifying anything about the documents but when I scheduled an interview at other schools they surely had a list.
We didn't have to bring anything with us.

Just an FYI for those interested- they aren't sending any letters (including waitlist/ rejections) until October

Reactions: 3 users

ID. that's it.

Just an FYI for those interested- they aren't sending any letters (including waitlist/ rejections) until October

It might have been you who posted the same to LECOM-E/SH thread, but who let you in on that? My "admissions decison form"-thingy says they would let me know "within 30 days of my interview". Sept 3rd is quickly approaching!

It might have been you who posted the same to LECOM-E/SH thread, but who let you in on that? My "admissions decison form"-thingy says they would let me know "within 30 days of my interview". Sept 3rd is quickly approaching!

Nope, wasn't me who posted in the Erie/SH thread- I can only speak for Bradenton. I had to call admissions for another reason and Annette said all decisions would be sent out the date we marked on the form. I mean they could change their mind at any time, but as of this morning she said all letters were going out at the same time

Reactions: 1 users
Do we have to use the LOr form that they gi
Congrats! When did you submit?

Thanks! I submitted on July 13th, but my MCAT score wasn't released until July 21st.

Does anybody know if we need to use the LOR form they provide on the portal? All of my letters are on Interfolio ready to be sent to them.

Do we have to use the LOr form that they gi

Thanks! I submitted on July 13th, but my MCAT score wasn't released until July 21st.

Does anybody know if we need to use the LOR form they provide on the portal? All of my letters are on Interfolio ready to be sent to them.

I don't think so because the form is for the letter writer.

Has anyone already had an interview at the Erie campus but not yet from Bradenton? I was under the impression that they had similar II requirements...I had an interview at Erie 2 weeks ago and still heard nothing from Bradenton, which sucks because its definitely my first choice :(

Has anyone already had an interview at the Erie campus but not yet from Bradenton? I was under the impression that they had similar II requirements...I had an interview at Erie 2 weeks ago and still heard nothing from Bradenton, which sucks because its definitely my first choice :(

May have similar requirements but I believe they have separate committees so that adds a lot of randomness to the decision process I'm sure. I don't think you can assume that because you got an invite at one that you will get one at both. It's almost like different schools I think. Might be wrong though.

May have similar requirements but I believe they have separate committees so that adds a lot of randomness to the decision process I'm sure. I don't think you can assume that because you got an invite at one that you will get one at both. It's almost like different schools I think. Might be wrong though.
You are correct. Bradenton is much more concerned with "fit" as well. They screen to make sure they believe you will do well in the self-driven reading intensive PBL learning style. The interview is very focused on this as well.