Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am doing the same, amtrak one way and flying back. Also interviewing the 30th! If you come in around the same time as me we can meet up if you like

Hi so sorry!
did not see this until now
but yeah sure, I have a LOT OF TIME to kill the day before the interview
so I am so down for meeting up before hand

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I got login credentials for the supplement for the Bradenton campus. After submitting it, I decided to just click on the Erie campus application link. It brought me to their supplemental. I haven't filled it out because I'm not sure if I should. As in maybe they didn't intend for me to have access to it (yet?). Does anyone have experience with this? Has anyone gotten access to one and filled out the other?

Problem is..he got rejected without any interviews from all the MD schools he applied to last go around. No explanation...just that they had too many applicants. What was upsetting is the no explanation part. He has good grades...good mcat...good ECs....no issues...all he wants to do is move forward. Hope this came across in the interview.

No judgment, you're clearly trying to be a helpful parent, but I'm curious- why are you the one on SDN as opposed to your son?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I got login credentials for the supplement for the Bradenton campus. After submitting it, I decided to just click on the Erie campus application link. It brought me to their supplemental. I haven't filled it out because I'm not sure if I should. As in maybe they didn't intend for me to have access to it (yet?). Does anyone have experience with this? Has anyone gotten access to one and filled out the other?

I'm sure if you can see it they intended you to have it. I'd fill it out or if you're that worried call admissions Monday?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when Early Decision letters are typically sent out? The form on interview day said around September 30th, and the nervousness is beginning to set in. I interviewed at Seton Hill, but actually decided to rank an Erie pathway as my first choice. Just wondering if they gave Erie applicants a more definitive timeline. :)

Last edited:
Anyone know when Early Decision letters are typically sent out? The form on interview day said around September 30th, and the nervousness is beginning to set in. I interviewed at Seton Hill, but actually decided to rank an Erie pathway as my first choice. Just wondering if they gave Erie applicants a more definitive timeline. :)

Last years thread, had decisions go out October 1st. A lot of people didn't receive it in the mail until the next week.

I don't think we should expect anything for another week and a half. Have faith friend :pirate:

I'm sure if you can see it they intended you to have it. I'd fill it out or if you're that worried call admissions Monday?

I ended up getting the e-mail for LECOM Erie/SH the next day. Thanks Puglover.

Hey guys! Are they wanting us to put traffic violations on the secondary, ie speeding tickets? I am from TX and they are considered a class c misdemeanor, but I was unsure if they wanted to know about that? Did anyone put a speeding ticket on their secondary?

Hey guys! Are they wanting us to put traffic violations on the secondary, ie speeding tickets? I am from TX and they are considered a class c misdemeanor, but I was unsure if they wanted to know about that? Did anyone put a speeding ticket on their secondary?

All you have to do for the LECOM secondary is pay $50 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Most schools specifically specify that they don't care about speeding tickets, etc, but if LECOM doesn't have a sentence to that end I would just include it or call and check. I highly doubt they care at all about minor traffic violations.

Are you staying at a hotel? It's looking like I'm going to get in around 2am due to the fact that I will be on a night train :(
Hi so sorry!
did not see this until now
but yeah sure, I have a LOT OF TIME to kill the day before the interview
so I am so down for meeting up before hand

PORTAL JUST UPDATED!!!! "The admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

my portal hasn't changed and I had an II at SH on 8/12 -____- weird!

Members don't see this ad :)
PORTAL JUST UPDATED!!!! "The admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

+1 to this. Interviewed mid July. Here we go ladies and gentleman the time is near :xf:

Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed late August and I still don't have the 30 days status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decision is made on my LECOM portal.

Reactions: 2 users
Portal has not been updated for me yet and I am getting nervous.

So, does anyone know if their is a correlation between getting one's portal updated and receiving an acceptance or waitlist?

I mean, if they reject you it will still be through snail mail, no? I was not even interviewed at LECOM-B, but my portal changed nonetheless to a decision being made (I was later suggested to join their post-bacc program through an email) so I was rejected over there.

So, does anyone know if their is a correlation between getting one's portal updated and receiving an acceptance or waitlist?

I mean, if they reject you it will still be through snail mail, no? I was not even interviewed at LECOM-B, but my portal changed nonetheless to a decision being made (I was later suggested to join their post-bacc program through an email) so I was rejected over there.

I think it would only matter if you didn't designate "Early decision" and got that prompt this week as a "Regular Decision". I'm sure in the next week everyone from our interview month will get the same prompt change.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it would only matter if you didn't designate "Early decision" and got that prompt this week as a "Regular Decision". I'm sure in the next week everyone from our interview month will get the same prompt change.

Oh yeah, forgot I signed that--I did put down ED. I guess we shall see what happens!

edit: honestly, from what I can remember in my half of the group it seemed that a majority of applicants selected ED...

edit 2: whoops, just saw my portal did change lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
My portal changed. This just got real boys and girls

Is it too late to apply here? GPA 3.99 513 MCAT OOS

Is it too late to apply here? GPA 3.99 513 MCAT OOS
It is not too late, but you need a very convincing explanation why you want to go to LECOM -- 0therwise, you may not get II.
Your credentials look very competitive for dozens of allopathic schools and LECOM would feel that you are not serious about them (which is possibly true, lol). They don't want to interview a candidate if he/she is unlikely to choose them...

It is not too late, but you need a very convincing explanation why you want to go to LECOM -- 0therwise, you may not get II.
Your credentials look very competitive for dozens of allopathic schools and LECOM would feel that you are not serious about them (which is possibly true, lol).

To be honest they are just a plan B. I still haven't heard from any MD schools despite submitting most of my apps mid August. How do you convince them that you want to go to LECOM if they dont have any secondary essays?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

To be honest they are just a plan B. I still haven't heard from any MD schools despite submitting most of my apps mid August. How do you convince them that you want to go to LECOM if they dont have any secondary essays?

Exactly, they understand that they are plan B for you and will not be rushing to give you ii. Did you get an invite from LECOM to submit secondary?

MD schools are notorious for taking their sweet time. I wouldn't stress too much about it unless you have a serious lack of major things such as no research, volunteering, shadowing, or anything.

But how are they going to know though?

They know when an applicant that is 2+ standard deviations above their average is applying in late September lol I would say go for it regardless because you never know and the secondary is only 50 bucks. The problem is they have 15,000 applicants so you're going to be at the bottom of the pile

MD schools are notorious for taking their sweet time. I wouldn't stress too much about it unless you have a serious lack of major things such as no research, volunteering, shadowing, or anything.
Totally agree!

They know when an applicant that is 2+ standard deviations above their average is applying in late September lol I would say go for it regardless because you never know and the secondary is only 50 bucks. The problem is they have 15,000 applicants so you're going to be at the bottom of the pile

Yeah maybe, I got a couple of emails from their admissions to apply, but i guess they send that to everyone that has an mcat above 505 or smth

Yeah maybe, I got a couple of emails from their admissions to apply, but i guess they send that to everyone that has an mcat above 505 or smth

I say go for it. They are not too stingy about throwing out IIs. Most of our interview groups has approximately 30 applicants at once. Unless you stated a heavy research emphasis in your PS, I think they would easily give you a II. From what I understood, they know some high quality applicants apply here solely for the tuition cost so they don't consider themselves a lower tier school.

Hey, you took the words right out of my mouth.lol

Last edited:
Decision made on my app. Hopefully will find out within the next week or so. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 1 users
This is all interesting. When I interviewed on Friday they mentioned that they hadn't made any decisions on anyone and they would be meeting on Wednesday to do that...

Last edited:
This is all interesting. When I interviewed on Friday they mentioned that they hadn't made any decisions on anyone and they would be meeting on Wednesday to do that...

Was that for everyone or just your group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone put Early Decision but not have a change on their portal? Mine still says "Congrats. You have been selected for an interview."

I think it's not official until the dean signs off on the decision but I could be wrong.

There isn't a reason to lie about that so probably just a misunderstanding haha

Yea very true.