Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really?? I thought they review it every so often? ugh so lame because I was WL'd last cycle at only one school too and didn't get in! Crossing my fingers for us!

Hopefully good things happen to us next year but I am already planning what to do if I reapply next year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Im
Sooner is almost always better. How much trouble would it be to interview sooner?

If it will be expensive and problematic for you or for other folks, then your current interview date isn't likely to keep you from getting what you want if you are a competitive applicant. If you feel like you are borderline or if there are no penalties for doing it sooner, then why are you even asking? Do the earliest date you can get.
I'm very borderline (3.0/3.2 506) but have interviews for the 19th and 21st... both in different states. I can make it happen but it seems like I'll be pushing it. I really want that program tho.

Thank you! Good luck on your interview.

Don't worry about it at all. I was visibly nervous and rambling at points but I guess just being nice goes a long way. Also, like someone above said, don't just say that osteopathic medicine is holistic like everyone else in my interview group. Another one is having a thoughtful answer when they ask what brings you to lecom/ a thoughtful question at the end. I think that's what redeemed me even though the rest sucked haha

Thanks so much for the advice! I've done some interesting MMIs but LECOM's is definitely different. Looking forward to the experience/challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AND in the cafeteria. On the other hand, ACOM's lecture and interview chairs cost $1,000 each because they know their students have to sit in them, so the seats are special as they reduce tension and back pain. I was definitely impressed by ACOM's seats. (They look like Alien chairs)

http://www.batson-cook.com/images/sized/images/uploads/content/ACOM54-920x405.jpg
But if you have chairs that reduce back pain, there won't be as much somatic dysfunction. The back pain give us more chances to practice OMT, so who is the real winner lol

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone that is regular decision gotten an interview yet? Sent in my supplemental about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.

Long-time lurker, finally joining the conversation. LizzyM ~65, sent in my LECOM secondary 09/30. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that is regular decision gotten an interview yet? Sent in my supplemental about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.
Everyone is regular decision. The early decision was offered on your interview day.

My favorite part about interviewing here was when they told us that you sit in seats assigned alphabetically. That means there's hope for scheduled naptime in between classes as part of the curriculum! No juiceboxes allowed though :(

Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite part about interviewing here was when they told us that you sit in seats assigned alphabetically. That means there's hope for scheduled naptime in between classes as part of the curriculum! No juiceboxes allowed though :(
As long as I'm sandwiched between two hotties I'm good...

LOL - I think that's an Erie only thing... sorry :p
I'm glad to see a lot of interview invites & several acceptances thus far, if anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm a second year at Seton Hill.

Just submitted my secondary to this school.Am I too late? Also,does the secondary app include essays??

Hi all,

I have tried a basic search for interview threads for LECOM-B and did not come across a lot of useful information. What I wanted to ask is if someone could redirect me in the direction of interview tips (preferably somewhat recent threads) to get a better ideas of interviews at LECOM-B. Thank you in advance for all the help!

Just got an II this morning!

How are the third and fourth year rotations at this school? How do they get their tuition so cheap? Trying to decide between this school and AZCOM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have tried a basic search for interview threads for LECOM-B and did not come across a lot of useful information. What I wanted to ask is if someone could redirect me in the direction of interview tips (preferably somewhat recent threads) to get a better ideas of interviews at LECOM-B. Thank you in advance for all the help!

Just got an II this morning!

Congrats! When were you complete?

There is information on the types of questions asked and format in interviews at each school in the interview feedback section of this site. Scroll to the top of the page and you will see "interview feedback" on the top menu. Go there and search for LECOM and you'll find some good info.

If anybody has any input, is LECOM or RVUCOM a better choice? If you have an opinion on the matter or any reasons for your opinion, please comment or PM me!!

There is information on the types of questions asked and format in interviews at each school in the interview feedback section of this site. Scroll to the top of the page and you will see "interview feedback" on the top menu. Go there and search for LECOM and you'll find some good info.
Hi, I was complete early June and was taken back by surprise when I got the call this morning. My portal had already been updated because I checked after the call.

thank you!!

I'm in the same boat, submitted almost 3 months ago with no word back. Do they expect us to call/email them to tell them we are still interested?
Same here. I'm not sure what they're expecting. I'm considering calling early next week if I still haven't heard anything though. I know that this school receives a ton of applications but I feel like a lot of people with similar stats have heard back from around the same time that I submitted.

Just my opinion obvs but I wouldn't remind them about your app until next month. They sent you an under review status so they acknowledged your existence already. I think it's still early enough to seem entitled/impatient which isn't very flattering. Although, someone else might just view it as a really interested person so I guess depends on the person reading your email

I think most of the people who are getting II's who didn't apply in May/Early June just have better stats than me right now so I'm going to patiently wait for atleast a few more weeks.

Just to confirm- LECOM-B does closed file and only group interviews right? No option for individual interview?

I applied to the APAP program . Received a call today asking if I want to be considered for the other pathways . Trying to figure out if this is a good sign.... any thoughts ?

Sounds like they like you but they don't have spots left in APAP? How early did you apply? If you think you can get in next cycle you could save money by working an extra year and would still be done at the same time as if you switched pathways.
Yes they said APAP was full. My secondary was complete on 8/17/16 is that late ?

Hi All, I had submitted my secondary application back in early August, but still have not heard back. Anyone else in a similar case?

Hi All, I had submitted my secondary application back in early August, but still have not heard back. Anyone else in a similar case?
This is not uncommon on this thread. There are many people who were complete in July and have heard nothing back. I'm hopeful we will hear back soon :)

Sent you a pm .
OMS2 here, APAP gets filled up very quickly & is not a safe bet/guarantee - there are several PA's here that are not in APAP and it's working out fine for them. I would strongly recommend going for one of the traditional pathways if APAP is already full.

For what it's worth, I submitted my secondary on Aug 27 and got notice that I was invited to interview on sept 29. I'm sure that doesn't mean anything definitive about any one else's application though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Withdrawing my acceptance. I hope it goes to someone in need! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks! Mind telling us how soon you found out about their decision after your interview?
I probably should have mentioned that I interviewed at Seton Hill. I was the first interview date which was August 12. I marked early decision instead of waiting until December on the sheet you fill out at the end of interview day. I got my acceptance letter via snail mail on September 30. Long wait but well worth it. I've decided to not attend LECOM-SH because I was accepted at a school closer to home (I'm from the west coast). Hope this helps. Good luck!

Withdrawing my acceptance here, good luck everyone!!

So if I have interviews at LECOM Bradenton & LECOM Eerie, can I only get accepted into one? My Bradenton interview is a month before my Eerie interview, should I try to have a later decision? Or are both schools basically the same and location is the only difference?

Got II today, but my interview will be until Jan 13. Is there any disavantages for interview so late?