Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GAH I was complete that day too, I hope they have more II's to send :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! When were you complete?
Hey what do you mean by "complete"?
Do you mean the time they sent you the email saying that they have processed your application after you submitted your secondary?

Did the last batch of interviews come out on the 6/28 and 6/29? If so, then maybe we can expect some II's tomorrow as well? Trying to be positive

Hey what do you mean by "complete"?
Do you mean the time they sent you the email saying that they have processed your application after you submitted your secondary?
Yes!

Are they also done interviewing this cycle? I completed my secondary by June 24th and my platform still says under review. This was the same thing that happened last year, I never got a formal rejection, just an invite to their post bacc program

Are they also done interviewing this cycle? I completed my secondary by June 24th and my platform still says under review. This was the same thing that happened last year, I never got a formal rejection, just an invite to their post bacc program

They send silent rejections? :'(

Technically, I am still "under review" from last cycle LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's the same as last year, >3.0 and >24 MCAT gets you into their DO program.

But arent your stats fantastic for them to accept/interview you at the very least?
TBH Lecom is what stirred me to apply to DO schools with my stats. The first few schools starts I saw were Touro and Western, and I thought I might as well forget DO since Im not even close to their stats, then I saw LECOM, and I have medical experience in rural Pennsylvania

What the f***. they sent interview invites again today and I still didn't get one? What gives? My GPA and MCAT are right at and better than their averages. I don't understand how this can be happening.

I wish I could call the school and ask them what's up, but I can't just be like "hey, how come I'm not getting an interview despite being an ideal candidate?"

I know they're just gonna be like "check the portal"

Last edited by a moderator:
What the f***. they sent interview invites again today and I still didn't get one? What gives? My GPA and MCAT are right at and better than their averages. I don't understand how this can be happening.

I wish I could call the school and ask them what's up, but I can't just be like "hey, how come I'm not getting an interview despite being an ideal candidate?"

I know they're just gonna be like "check the portal"

The wait definitely causes a lot of anxiety. When were you complete? Maybe since they gave out interviews twice last week they'll do it again tomorrow. I'm assuming since people that were complete 6/28 started getting invites today, the second half of the 6/28 completed may be tomorrow. Just trying to speculate. I don't know for sure though. Saw a few people from last year saying they never got a change on their portal the entire cycle so honestly I'm gonna be worried until I see an interview invite

Last edited:
The wait definitely causes a lot of anxiety. When were you complete? Maybe since they gave out interviews twice last week they'll do it again tomorrow. I'm assuming since people that were complete 6/28 started getting invites today, the second half of the 6/28 completed may be tomorrow. Just trying to speculate. I don't know for sure though. Saw a few people from last year saying they never got a change on their portal the entire cycle so honestly I'm gonna be worried until I see an interview invite
Haha, same. Yeah the anxiety is a little high over here. I just don't know what could be happening so my mind is spinning all sorts of crazy scenarios. Maybe they I putted my GPA wrong and instead of a 3.54 they gave me a .354? Hahaha

I was complete on the 28th of June, so I hope you're right

Haha, same. Yeah the anxiety is a little high over here. I just don't know what could be happening so my mind is spinning all sorts of crazy scenarios. Maybe they I putted my GPA wrong and instead of a 3.54 they gave me a .354? Hahaha

I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow or else i'm gonna give up hope even though there really is no rhyme or rhythm to the process, it's so easy for our minds to try to find patterns in their notification schedule

I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow or else i'm gonna give up hope even though there really is no rhyme or rhythm to the process, it's so easy for our minds to try to find patterns in their notification schedule

No way to really predict or understand anything, IMO. I got my Bradenton, Erie invites 7 days a part. People in the first wave of Erie IIs had the same stats as myself as well, so I didnt understand it then.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

No way to really predict or understand anything, IMO. I got my Bradenton, Erie invites 7 days a part. People in the first wave of Erie IIs had the same stats as myself as well, so I didnt understand it then.

When were you complete and when did you get each interview?

I understand what you're saying. As much as we would like there to be a cookie cutter formula, there just isn't one

When were you complete and when did you get each interview?

I understand what you're saying. As much as we would like there to be a cookie cutter formula, there just isn't one
6/23 for both schools. II for Bradenton 7/1 and II for Erie 7/7. ~ 3.4 sGPA & cGPA. 80th percentile MCAT and 5 years experience as ICU RN.

6/23 for both schools. II for Bradenton 7/1 and II for Erie 7/7. ~ 3.4 sGPA & cGPA. 80th percentile MCAT and 5 years experience as ICU RN.

I'm hoping they are sending out more interviews tomorrow. I have more hope of receiving an interview from Erie before Bradenton because my application is under review at Erie according to my portal.

Reactions: 1 user
I received 2 emails saying that they've received my application and now it's under review. I'm not sure if that's a good sign... Verified June 23

I received 2 emails saying that they've received my application and now it's under review. I'm not sure if that's a good sign... Verified June 23

I think it's a good sign. I got my second "under review" email a day before my II.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oh I wonder if the others that received IIs also received two emails and then an II. So far I've gotten an email of completion, a text that my file is under review at Erie, and a portal change to your application is under review. Hoping for some changes next week since today is practically over. :unsure:

Hey guys, I am heading down to Lake Eerie for an interview on the 29 of July, I am probably going to fly to eerie on the 28th and I imagine there are others that are going to be in the same boat as me. If anyone wants to tag team to get to a hotel (im probably going to stay in one of the cheapest one that still has a shuttle to the airport), chat and get prepped for the interview, and then early on the 29th take a shuttle/bus to the campus for the interview message me! We might be future classmates and we should help each other out!
(ps. I always liked seeing others stats so these are mine cgpa 3.65 sgpa 3.74 mcat 504)

So.... I'm guessing all is quiet? *sigh*

Hey guys, I am heading down to Lake Eerie for an interview on the 29 of July, I am probably going to fly to eerie on the 28th and I imagine there are others that are going to be in the same boat as me. If anyone wants to tag team to get to a hotel (im probably going to stay in one of the cheapest one that still has a shuttle to the airport), chat and get prepped for the interview, and then early on the 29th take a shuttle/bus to the campus for the interview message me! We might be future classmates and we should help each other out!
(ps. I always liked seeing others stats so these are mine cgpa 3.65 sgpa 3.74 mcat 504)

I'll drive from cleverland to erie on the 28th

Anyone who listed a preference for SH get an II yet? I know last cycle they started SH interviews later than Erie so I am curious if it is the same way this year.

Anyone who listed a preference for SH get an II yet? I know last cycle they started SH interviews later than Erie so I am curious if it is the same way this year.

Hmm I didn't even notice if they start with a particular campus. I thought they just give you interviews as they review files and then you chose from there. Is there really a way they go about it?

Hey guys for anyone that is interviewing this Friday , I just checked my portal and they updated my required folder and stuff. So it no longer has the red X next to it.

I listed preference for SH and no II yet so wondering that also

I listed preference for SH and no II yet so wondering that also
Looking at last years LECOM thread, July 27th was when people started getting II to interview at Seton Hill (first Interview date being 8/3). So hopefully we will here from them this month!

Have all II's been for Erie or LECOM-B so far?

I don't remember which one I gave preference to on my secondary yikes

Have all II's been for Erie or LECOM-B so far?

I don't remember which one I gave preference to on my secondary yikes
As far as I am aware, there has not been any interviews at SH. That doesnt mean people who are interviewing at Erie wont pick PBL at SH though. I am not sure about LECOM-B since I am not applying there.

Which campus would you want to be at? Erie, SH, or B?

I would want to be at Erie and I think I placed Erie as my 1st choice on the secondary as well. I was complete on 6/28 and file is 'under review' at Erie since 7/6.

Is there a reason Eerie might take extra time for apps, or if they havent offered an interview at this point is it pretty much a rejection in the near future? Or does it take them a long time to get through all the apps

Still no sign of progress from my app either. I'm in the "in review" pile :/. Really hoping for an II here!

I believe I was complete on 6/28 and my portal changed last week. I think some of us aren't getting II's because our stats are lower. Just gotta wait till it's our turn.

My portal changed last Wednesday as well. Maybe we can hope for some IIs this week?

I'm an incoming student for the class of 2020 at Seton Hill and was wondering who would be interested if I were to setup an AirBnB in my apartment? I'd charge something like $50 bucks a night. 10 minutes from campus and getting to chat about the school with any questions you might have. I'd be renting out some sort of sofa bed, just wanted to feel it out.

This would be for interviewing, of course.

I'm an incoming student for the class of 2020 at Seton Hill and was wondering who would be interested if I were to setup an AirBnB in my apartment? I'd charge something like $50 bucks a night. 10 minutes from campus and getting to chat about the school with any questions you might have. I'd be renting out some sort of sofa bed, just wanted to feel it out.

This would be for interviewing, of course.

If I manage to get an interview, I'd be very interested. I'm always excited to meet people with a first hand experience of the school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What do you mean your portal changed? Changed to what? And what did it look like before?

My Erie campus portal used to say "we revived your supplemental application/ review will begin" etc something like that. But last week I got a text saying the review has begun and portal changed to "your application is under review" so I'm hoping this is the step before an interview

My Bradenton portal says "we have received your supplemental application and review will begin soon"

What does yours say?

I just added both LECOM's 6 days ago, when should I expect the secondaries?

Reactions: 1 users