Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a potentially stupid question: is the DO letter required? I'm seeing conflicting statements on whether it's required or recommended.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a potentially stupid question: is the DO letter required? I'm seeing conflicting statements on whether it's required or recommended.
I think LECOM has changed to accept either MD or DO letter and the DO letter is no longer required. I believe this information is also on their admission page.

Reactions: 1 users
Dear peeps who got an II, what was the status of your app before that? Was it complete or under review?

Mine currently says this "Your application is under review."

Is it just wait game form here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear peeps who got an II, what was the status of your app before that? Was it complete or under review?

I think this is the case. My LECOM-SH app has said" your application is under review" since 7/6. However, my LECOM-B app says something different along the lines of "your supplemental application has been received. review will begin. you will be notified of changes on your portal."

I think they are busy with registration and classes starting this week and next and maybe that is why there hasn't been noise of IIs.

Since when have you been under review?

I'm class of 2019 at SH and my application was held up without the DO letter. Not sure if things changed since I applied but I'd double check with admissions before your application gets held up for several months.

Yes, it's a waiting game from here on. It's good news though, it means you're app is being reviewed by them.

Still haven't received a secondary for LECOM even though I was verified about 3 weeks ago and my gpa/MCAT is above average (3.93c/3.86s/509). My MCAT score just came in a few days ago though. Could that be holding me up?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Still haven't received a secondary for LECOM even though I was verified about 3 weeks ago and my gpa/MCAT is above average (3.93c/3.86s/509). My MCAT score just came in a few days ago though. Could that be holding me up?

Did you get an email about being verified? Or just nothing

Right now, many schools are backed up because classes are starting for the incoming class and they have prepping to do. They gave out interviews within the past few weeks, but don't be surprised if you don't see much movement within the next week or two for this reason.

Reactions: 1 user

Make sure you release your MCAT score to AACOMAS, and then make sure the schools receive it. This process is delaying me a little bit tbh. it takes 7-10 days for AACOMAS to get your scores and then it takes however longer for individual schools to acknowledge it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I received a secondary from LECOM without sending in my MCAT scores bc I was waiting on them to be released. But I also received the secondary around 6/27 before they probably got busy with classes and orientation and stuff. It's frustrating but hang in there.

I was verified 7/2, cGPA 3.83, sGPA 3.83, 506 MCAT. still no secondary :(

For those that interviewed on July 15th:

Any tips? Questions?

Where the heck are the damn secondary prompts? Why hasn't anyone posted them yet? Sorry for sounding so bitchy. :happy:

Where the heck are the damn secondary prompts? Why hasn't anyone posted them yet? Sorry for sounding so bitchy. :happy:
There are none. You just designate your campus and other information like ACT/SAT scores

Sorry if this has been answered. I tried looking around and couldn't find an answer. How strict are they with their policy of retaking a prereq course with under a C? I got a C- in OrgoI but other than that my course work is pretty optimal. (Mostly As)

Sorry if this has been answered. I tried looking around and couldn't find an answer. How strict are they with their policy of retaking a prereq course with under a C? I got a C- in OrgoI but other than that my course work is pretty optimal. (Mostly As)

I think most places including LECOM require a C or higher in prereq courses. I just checked LECOM's website and it stated that a prereq of C- or lower must be retaken. I hope this helps you!

anyone got any II's the last week? seems like its been silent

anyone got any II's the last week? seems like its been silent

I feel you :(
I don't think there have been any IIs the last two weeks. I haven't heard any from last week for sure unless they aren't SDNers

Hey Guys,
I have a very stupid question: What does a II mean?
I did not get one but I am trying to clarify what it means

Is anyone electing to do the individual interview at the end?

I'm debating it so that I don't risk going unnoticed in the group interviews.

Does LECOM screen for any subsection scores less than a 124?

Is anyone electing to do the individual interview at the end?

I'm debating it so that I don't risk going unnoticed in the group interviews.

I want to do it. It's a good chance to highlight yourself.

However, they don't stay specific what the individual interview will be like... If it will be with the same faculty that interview you during group, will you be repeating the same answer?

Is there anyone that already interview can give us an inside on this?

@lnguyen1412 Im debating the same thing.

I'm not sure if its something to help our case or is it more of a Q+A session with an admissions counselor.

@lnguyen1412 Im debating the same thing.

I'm not sure if its something to help our case or is it more of a Q+A session with an admissions counselor.

they said they will give us more info on the interview day so we can choose. I guess there's nothing we cant do at this point.

So I looked online, and it says that I have been selected for an interview and they will send instructions via email to schedule the date. Still waiting on the email, the anticipation is killing me...

EDIT: Anyone else get the change on portal but not in email immediately?

So I looked online, and it says that I have been selected for an interview and they will send instructions via email to schedule the date. Still waiting on the email, the anticipation is killing me...

EDIT: Anyone else get the change on portal but not in email immediately?

when did your portal change and when were you complete?

I was complete 7/6 and I just saw the change today in the portal, although the last time I checked portal was last Wednesday

Should I be worried if I was complete 6/29 and got the under review text from Erie on 7/6? :(

Should I be worried if I was complete 6/29 and got the under review text from Erie on 7/6? :(

Has your portal changed since then? I didn't receive any text or email yet indicating my portal change, I just checked randomly and saw the change. I am still waiting on the official email, so it may have changed for you without you noticing it.

Has your portal changed since then? I didn't receive any text or email yet indicating my portal change, I just checked randomly and saw the change. I am still waiting on the official email, so it may have changed for you without you noticing it.
I received my secondary on 6/28, verified 6/29, and received a text on 7/6 from Erie saying my app is under review at which time my Erie portal change to "your application is under review." I just checked and my portal still says the same under review message for both. :/ Not sure what to make of this.

II! Just got the email, I haven't been checking the portal.

Finally got the II email! Scheduled for 8/26!