Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an accpetance this morning to KYCOM. Going to call LECOM this afternoon and see what they say. I have a letter saying strong possiblity of accpetance after July 1st for PBL at Seton Hill which I think I would like more. Hoping they have good news this afternoon otherwise I am going to KYCOM!

Members don't see this ad.

A buddy of mine, who is also on the wait list, just got accepted to Ross University. He will need to pay a seat deposit soon. My advice to him was to go ahead and reserve his seat at Ross to play it safe. What a dilemma!

Man, Caribbean is getting risky. If he has the money I would suggest paying the $500 deposit, deferring to Jan. or May and reapplying right now for DO. That way with the earlier app, he has a good chance of getting earlier ii's and possibly an acceptance before heading to Dominica. That's what I planned to do at least for SGU if I didn't get in this last cycle.

Got an accpetance this morning to KYCOM. Going to call LECOM this afternoon and see what they say. I have a letter saying strong possiblity of accpetance after July 1st for PBL at Seton Hill which I think I would like more. Hoping they have good news this afternoon otherwise I am going to KYCOM!

Good luck man! See what they say. You must be high on the list if you got that letter.

Man, Caribbean is getting risky. If he has the money I would suggest paying the $500 deposit, deferring to Jan. or May and reapplying right now for DO. That way with the earlier app, he has a good chance of getting earlier ii's and possibly an acceptance before heading to Dominica. That's what I planned to do at least for SGU if I didn't get in this last cycle.
That was my opinion too, but he doesn't want to wait any longer with this being his second application cycle already.

Members don't see this ad :)
did you receive any pre-matriculation package or things like that? Or they just called/emailed you out of the blue?

Hey all, so we are looking for a roommate for our 4 bedroom apartment close to the main campus. All of us are guys. So guys who have been waitlisted and have been/will be accepted, please let us know.

Private message me for all the information :) thank you

Sent from my DROID3 using SDN Mobile

did you receive any pre-matriculation package or things like that? Or they just called/emailed you out of the blue?
I received a pre-matriculation packet by e-mail when I was wait-listed.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if first years can qualify for any of the scholarships or if those are only for returning students?

anyone here anything about the wait list ? anyone got accepted? or got more of the you have a better chance emails?

You guys have been quiet for some time.....Hopefully there's some good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOps this is the wrong forum for this post haha.

Just wanted to post here that I got off the wait list yesterday! There's still hope out there, even though its winding down into the last couple of weeks.

Just wanted to post here that I got off the wait list yesterday! There's still hope out there, even though its winding down into the last couple of weeks.

Congrats! Nice to know there's still hope. What are your stats if you don't mind

Not a problem, my stats are:

MCAT: 29 S - 8 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS

GPA - 3.6
sGPA - 3.45

Nothing that unusual for my extra's. Worked at a family practice for ~4 years, shadowed doc's across all fields (MD's and DO's). Volunteering at Habitat and other similar organizations. Research for 3 years during undergrad and went to San Diego for the experimental biology conference in 2012.

I interviewed at the end of February and was put on the alternate list shorty after. Received a call in April asking if I wanted to be on the Seton Hill list as well. Gained acceptance into Erie however as stated.

Good luck to all!

Not a problem, my stats are:

MCAT: 29 S - 8 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS

GPA - 3.6
sGPA - 3.45

Nothing that unusual for my extra's. Worked at a family practice for ~4 years, shadowed doc's across all fields (MD's and DO's). Volunteering at Habitat and other similar organizations. Research for 3 years during undergrad and went to San Diego for the experimental biology conference in 2012.

I interviewed at the end of February and was put on the alternate list shorty after. Received a call in April asking if I wanted to be on the Seton Hill list as well. Gained acceptance into Erie however as stated.

Good luck to all!

FYI - with those stats, I'm surprised you got waitlisted in the first place!

I am looking for a male roommate. I would like to stay near the school. I am 22, vegetarian, and a nonsmoker. I would prefer somebody who does not make to much noise.

Just to let the few lurkers left know, I dropped my seat today. There is hope for one of you out there!!

Last edited:
Any updates from the Seton Hill-PBL waitlist? Does anyone know what the class schedule for SH-PBL looks like?

Should we throw in the towel for this year? Has to be close to the first day of class now

First day of class is friday

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

First day of class is friday

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Friday is the mandatory registration for first years. I'm guessing if people don't show up without any communication, they might lose their spot, and it might go to someone on the waitlist. That seems very unlikely though, so if you don't hear anything from them by Friday, just be content with your other options (reapplying or post-bac). Good luck everyone! I hope it all works out, no matter what happened this last cycle.

Friday is the mandatory registration for first years. I'm guessing if people don't show up without any communication, they might lose their spot, and it might go to someone on the waitlist. That seems very unlikely though, so if you don't hear anything from them by Friday, just be content with your other options (reapplying or post-bac). Good luck everyone! I hope it all works out, no matter what happened this last cycle.

Thanks man! Did you end up getting in anywhere? I'm headed to LECOM to do their post-bacc so that should be good. Good luck to everyone!

Good afternoon,
We have housing available for LECOM students if there are any students still looking.
$625/month per student which includes all utilities and wireless internet.
Newly remodeled house with many updates, brand new appliances, custom kitchen, etc.
Off street parking, central air, full basement.
Within walking distance to LECOM.
If interested contact me immediately at [email protected] and we will schedule a time for showing. You won't be disappointed!

Thank you and best of luck with your courses!

just stay close to the wegmans and you're golden

HockeyDr09, thank you so very much for the insight on this, and I hope you are still enjoying your LECOM experience. I have an interview at LECOM-SH in the next 3 weeks and am trying to get as much info as I possibly can.

I'm debating the different pathway options, and feel as though Erie will be my top choice over SH simply because of the potential to change paths. DSP is becoming more and more attractive for me, particularly because I do not learn as well in lecture. I also think access to a cadaver lab is a must for my personal learning style.

I know DSP students can change pathways to LDP or or PBL at specific times in the first year, and that it's hard (or impossible) to transfer INTO DSP. That being said, I was wondering if DSP students have any access to LDP lectures? In other words, if there is a topic coming up and I believe it would be beneficial to attend the lecture on it, could I go as a DSP student, or is that frowned upon somehow?

Also, if my interview is at Seton Hill, I still have the opportunity to chose the Erie campus, correct? This occurs at the same time I chose a desired pathway? Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere, and thank you again for all the help. Your voice here is essential.

To answer your questions directly. Yes PBL has 3 exams, and I guess we all "struggle" at times, but it's just as manageable as any of the other pathways. The PBL students are relaxed 85% of the year but we go into caveman mode during the week before each of our exams. PBL will give you the most free time, that's for certain. But you need to use that time properly. In PBL you assign the pages and each exam is custom made. You will not have anymore guidance than knowing the pages you assigned. You start to get a feel for the type of questions they ask depending on the textbook assigned. Our averages are from 83%-86% on our exams.

DSP has quite a few exams (think once a week/ every two weeks). They mirror LDP in anatomy and neuroanatomy (mandatory attendance), and they pretty much mirror LDP during systems (no mandatory attendence), but they just read their textbooks. DSP will have 14 non/OPP,H&P exams next semester. If you include all exams they are probably around 20-25. Because of the mandatory attendance, all of the DSP students hang out with everyone else. They seem to study together, but it's not like they are loners or anything.

I've posted this previously, but it's buried somewhere deep in this thread.