Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else on the alternate list get an email from David Fried asking to confirm that you still wanted to be on the alternate list? Just wondering if this means there will be more movement from the list in the near future.

I did too. I wonder if everybody on the wait list got it, or if it means we are towards the top of the list?

Members don't see this ad.

I did too. I wonder if everybody on the wait list got it, or if it means we are towards the top of the list?

I called admissions and inquired about that; it would seem that everyone on the alternate list received the email.

Hi there. Does anyone have any news on the alternate list movement? I received the email that everyone is talking about above, but has anyone recently been accepted off of the alternate list? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much the list is moving. Thank you in advance!

Also, when is the deadline for the matriculation fee? That is sure to lead to a big movement on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there. Does anyone have any news on the alternate list movement? I received the email that everyone is talking about above, but has anyone recently been accepted off of the alternate list? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much the list is moving. Thank you in advance!

Also, when is the deadline for the matriculation fee? That is sure to lead to a big movement on the alternate list.

A couple of people have joined Seton Hill's Facebook group in the last week-- I assume off the alternate list. Sorry I don't know more!

When I was accepted end of March, the deposit was due two weeks later (early to mid April). There's not much turnaround time.

Edit: fixed a typo

And, the Erie alternate list just got one smaller as I withdrew my name due to acceptance elsewhere. Good luck to all still waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
received an acceptance 5/21 off the alternate list for LDP pathway in Erie but turning it down. i was IS for those of you wondering.

Reactions: 1 users
And, the Erie alternate list just got one smaller as I withdrew my name due to acceptance elsewhere. Good luck to all still waiting.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone on the waitlist having a hard time accessing your admissions status online? I can log into the portal but my admissions status page will not load.

Anyone on the waitlist having a hard time accessing your admissions status online? I can log into the portal but my admissions status page will not load.
I just checked and mine is displaying normally (still just the sentence about being on the alternate list)

I just checked my portal and my admissions status loads normally as well. Though it seems like they may have updated to portal webpage recently and you may have to update the browser you are using.

I just checked my status out of curiosity and it says "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." lol

Accepted today off of the waitlist to Erie campus. Good luck to the rest of you!

Accepted today off of the waitlist to Erie campus. Good luck to the rest of you!
Congrats! Did you receive any update emails from the admissions staff prior to being accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you receive any update emails from the admissions staff prior to being accepted?

Ty! Nope, I didn't receive any kind of email except for the one asking if I still wanted to be considered a few weeks back.

Ty! Nope, I didn't receive any kind of email except for the one asking if I still wanted to be considered a few weeks back.

Did they call you to notify you or did your status just change on the portal? Sorry for all of the questions. I just want to know what to look out for.

Congrats Albein! Do you remember around what time your interview was? I am curious if the waitlist is in the order of the interviews

Hey everyone, I was recently accepted of the waitlist at FIU and have decided to go there. Informed LECOM of my decision today so somebody will be getting some good news soon. Good luck!

Hey everyone, I was recently accepted of the waitlist at FIU and have decided to go there. Informed LECOM of my decision today so somebody will be getting some good news soon. Good luck!
Oh wait, this isn't Bradenton thread is it...woops

Did they call you to notify you or did your status just change on the portal? Sorry for all of the questions. I just want to know what to look out for.

I didn't receive any phone calls. I only checked the portal after I received the letter so idk at what point they changed it. Sorry:

Congrats Albein! Do you remember around what time your interview was? I am curious if the waitlist is in the order of the interviews

Thanks. It was either September 16 or September 23rd.

My status just changed to "a decision has been made, you will receive a letter within 30 days" I wonder if that means they have already filled all the spots on their roster for this year... Has anyone else's status changed recently?

I just checked my status out of curiosity and it says "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." lol

Mine went from this to "Your application is under review" sometime in the past week, lol. What are they doing over there?

Mine went from this to "Your application is under review" sometime in the past week, lol. What are they doing over there?

hmm that's really odd. Yours never said "you are on LECOMs alternate list"?

My status just changed to "a decision has been made, you will receive a letter within 30 days" I wonder if that means they have already filled all the spots on their roster for this year... Has anyone else's status changed recently?
My status changed last week and I got an acceptance letter for LDP two days ago (Interviewed and waitlisted back in December). It was a difficult decision but I turned it down because I don't think LDP is for me. Anyway, you should be getting some mail soon!

Thanks for the response! That stinks though cuz I put down PBL for my first choice

Hello everyone, I am a looking for a female roommate for a 2-bed room apt in Laurel Springs which is located right across the street from school. Message me if you are interested. Congrats to all who got accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

My status changed on Monday (June 23) around noon from the classic "You are confirmed on the alternate list, to be removed call here" to "A decision has been made..."

Just today (June 27) around 2 pm a letter packet arrived offering me a seat for the LDP at the Erie campus. I plan on attending (its my first choice for medical school and learning pathway), and will be withdrawing from a couple other waitlists once everything at Erie is confirmed (hope that helps someone here!).

There were no phone calls, emails, or carrier pigeons (that I know of) that declared their decision. Be sure to check your portal for changes!

Best of luck to you all and I hope that some awesome news is headed your way soon!

Reactions: 2 users
My status changed on Monday (June 23) around noon from the classic "You are confirmed on the alternate list, to be removed call here" to "A decision has been made..."

Just today (June 27) around 2 pm a letter packet arrived offering me a seat for the LDP at the Erie campus. I plan on attending (its my first choice for medical school and learning pathway), and will be withdrawing from a couple other waitlists once everything at Erie is confirmed (hope that helps someone here!).

There were no phone calls, emails, or carrier pigeons (that I know of) that declared their decision. Be sure to check your portal for changes!

Best of luck to you all and I hope that some awesome news is headed your way soon!

Thanks for the clarification! I hope I get that same letter soon!

Hello everyone,

I got accepted to LDP in Erie on June 26 and interviewed in September. My advice is to contact the office if you are still interested and on the waitlist. The more they know your name the better! : )

Stats: MCAT 29 P:10 B: 10 V:9
cGPA 3.3
sGPA 3.1
very strong extracurriculars. out of college for 3 years. out of state, but undergrad in pennsylvania.

Congratulations on your acceptance. Impressive that you did not lose hope after interviewing and waiting so long, something to be said about persistence!

Just got lifted off of the wait list on Friday! I sent a LOI on thursday and was email the admissions office a lot on Thursday as well. Crazy that 2 weeks before class starts I get accepted.

Just got an acceptance this Thursday! Apparently they are really taking people up until the last day. I got an email from Amy Rowe on Monday asking if I still wanted a seat, I emailed yes and then called her and admissions a couple times to make sure they received my email and a couple days letter I got an acceptance email!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how many applicants they accept? How many they interview? What are the averages for accepted students? etc.

Anyone know how many applicants they accept? How many they interview? What are the averages for accepted students? etc.

Class of 2017
Total number of applicants to Erie = 6,208 (http://www.aacom.org/data/studentenrollment/Documents/2008-2013_AppEnrollGrad.pdf) (Total number of applicants to all three campuses = >12,000) (http://lecom.edu/news.php/LECOM-Welcomes-the-Class-of-2017/49/2207/606/5486)*
Applicants accepted = 250 Erie Campus (Total accepted across all three campuses = 536) (http://lecom.edu/news.php/LECOM-Welcomes-the-Class-of-2017/49/2207/606/5486)
Interview = ? (good luck finding that!)
Averages = ? ("successful applicants sGPA/GPA >3.2 and MCAT >24") (http://lecom.edu/news.php/LECOM-Welcomes-the-Class-of-2017/49/2207/606/5486)**

My $0.02:
*Historically, the number of applicants shows an upward trend in osteopathic medical school programs (http://www.aacom.org/data/Documents/Trends-apps-enroll-grads.pdf page 2). Therefore, my guess the number of applicants this app cycle (2018) to LECOM would also be greater than last years data.

**Class of 2017 average matriculant data for all DO programs = sGPA ~3.43 / oGPA ~3.51 / MCAT ~27 (9,9,9) (http://www.aacom.org/data/applicantsmatriculants/Documents/2013-Applicant-Matriculant-Report.pdf) Also, take into consideration that LECOM gets an insane number of applicants, so it might be reasonable to assume they can be more selective in the admissions process = higher averages across the board.

TL;DR = Admission into medical school is more intensely competitive than ever before and data strongly indicates these trends show no signs of plateauing in the foreseeable future.

Just got an acceptance this Thursday! Apparently they are really taking people up until the last day. I got an email from Amy Rowe on Monday asking if I still wanted a seat, I emailed yes and then called her and admissions a couple times to make sure they received my email and a couple days letter I got an acceptance email!
Congrats! When did you apply/interview?

Just in case any of last year's applicants are still reading ... On my current LECOM portal it says, "Your file will be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee in 60 days" which is around October 1st. Any hope of getting an interview and any hope of acceptance with this early on status?

Hi you guys - I'm applying to LECOM this cycle and have my interview this month. Would anyone mind sharing their interview experience? Thanks :)

Hi all- just interviewed recently for 2015. Does the acceptance letter come as an email or snail mail? And does the portal change when they send a decision?

Just curious, I interviewed at SH and have already received a change in status on mthe portal, that a decision has been made and I should receive a letter in 10d. Good or bad? Thx for the input.

Just curious, I interviewed at SH and have already received a change in status on mthe portal, that a decision has been made and I should receive a letter in 10d. Good or bad? Thx for the input.

Post on this year's thread if you really want responses.

It means they made a decision. You should get a letter in a few days.

Last edited: