Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I have the same issue. I assume they will adjust for it this week because I just began my "under review" status.

yeah, I have the same issue, so I assume that they haven't come across my app yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if LECOM still provides you with a DO letter if you aren't able to get one?

Does anyone know if LECOM still provides you with a DO letter if you aren't able to get one?

I wouldn't count on it. My DO letter wasn't in before my interview and I was not offered a DO letter last year. Good luck interviewing, you can get in because I did. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at Bradenton coming up and I just checked my Erie portal and I just got an interview from them also!!

Isn't it early for interviews to be going out? When did you submit secondary? Were you notified through email or just by checking the status page on the website?

You're late to the party. IIs have been coming out since last week. LECOM starts interviews early (mid-late July).

:oops::oops::oops: No interview for me? Where where the people getting interviews complete? I submitted secondary 7/2

I checked my admission status today and realized that I've been invited to interview at Seton Hill... in TEN DAYS! AHH!! I didn't receive any Email about it yet.. this is my first med school interview!!!

FYI - I received the secondary invite on 6/25 and submitted on 6/27.

So early!! SO EXCITED!!

I checked my admission status today and realized that I've been invited to interview at Seton Hill... in TEN DAYS! AHH!! I didn't receive any Email about it yet.. this is my first med school interview!!!

FYI - I received the secondary invite on 6/25 and submitted on 6/27.

So early!! SO EXCITED!!

Oh my goodness! Ten days? That is so exciting. Going to check my admission status now... I have been waiting for emails...

Got an interview here on 8/2! Anybody else gonna be there? And sutexas there should be a tab that says interview on the left side after you press the admissions tab

Which is the "better" campus? Is there one that many prefer to go to? Thanks

Just got a secondary application. :)

Which is the "better" campus? Is there one that many prefer to go to? Thanks

The Erie campus is the most established and has the largest class sizes. Supposedly, both are excellent.

How do you know what day your interview is? Mine just says Congrats you have an interview and you will receive more info by email.

I am in the same boat with you for interviews at both campuses. I just checked portal and received an interview, where did you see that "you will receive more info by email"?

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried paying for LECOM-E secondary about 2 weeks ago. However, my payment wasn't going through. They said not to submit another secondary and that they would contact me with further info on how to pay. I called them, left a message last Friday, and they haven't gotten back to me. Opinnions on what to do?

I tried paying for LECOM-E secondary about 2 weeks ago. However, my payment wasn't going through. They said not to submit another secondary and that they would contact me with further info on how to pay. I called them, left a message last Friday, and they haven't gotten back to me. Opinnions on what to do?

It's Wednesday... so I think I would call them again to ask if they received your secondary. Did you get both the payment and secondary confirmation emails?

I got the secondary confirmation email, but not the payment one. I wasn't able to pay at the time.

I also got an interview email for the Erie campus yesterday for 8/2. I have an interview at the Bradenton campus on 7/22. Busy Busy

I have an interview on August 8th at Erie! Anyone else? Looking for friends that day

For those who have received interview invites do you know approximately how long you were "under review"? All my required courses and mcat scores were checked off yesterday so I'm wondering how soon I can hear back. My stats are also pretty good (3.5/33).

I'm interviewing 8/2 in Erie. I noticed in the handbook at the beginning of this thread that once accepted, you have 30 days to respond. So you basically have to decide even if you have a few other interviews that you haven't heard back from yet?

Last edited:
I had the same question about a week ago. The 30 days is typically the time you have to put down your 500 or 1000 deposit to reserve your seat in the class. It doesn't mean you have to withdraw your apps from every other school. Schools can't see where you are interviewing or who has accepted you until the following spring. There is a separate thread on SDN all about it.

LECOM-B did not even look at app yet they still are not in the required letters and credits. WTF.

I really think my PHP LOR was horrible. I had what I though were strong stats.
3.7 Overall GPA, 3.6 sciGPA 24 MCAT ( 8/8/8) 1,000s of clinical experiences as a volunteer, CNA and MA. 100s of non-medical volunteer hours that were meaningful ( Mentoring, etc) plus I am a Black female FL resident.

how long after being marked complete did you guys get interviews?

no interview here yet :( do you think it's a silent rejection?

i've been under review since the 9th i think. submitted 6/26

Mine as well, the checklist says all my requirements were met on 7/2

Whats weird is that I submitted my supplemental on 6/26. I received an e-mail informing my my supplemental has been processed on 7/1. When I click on application D.O. though, it says that its in progress. I am considering calling them on Monday if I don't receive any updates. I hope this is not a silent rejection

Whats weird is that I submitted my supplemental on 6/26. I received an e-mail informing my my supplemental has been processed on 7/1. When I click on application D.O. though, it says that its in progress. I am considering calling them on Monday if I don't receive any updates. I hope this is not a silent rejection

I think we should give them some time because there are a lot of things to consider from each applicant. i imagine them juggling applications around. if you call them, let us know what LECOM says.

I think we should give them some time because there are a lot of things to consider from each applicant. i imagine them juggling applications around. if you call them, let us know what LECOM says.

So I talked to my cousin, who told me to stop worrying about the application process. He applied last cycle and is starting this August as a first year medical student at LECOM. He submitted his application in mid-late July and didn't receive an interview invite until September. We just need to give LECOM time, so I apologize for my freak-out and I won't be giving them a call. If you guys have any questions, I can try to rely them to him and post the answers.

So I talked to my cousin, who told me to stop worrying about the application process. He applied last cycle and is starting this August as a first year medical student at LECOM. He submitted his application in mid-late July and didn't receive an interview invite until September. We just need to give LECOM time, so I apologize for my freak-out and I won't be giving them a call. If you guys have any questions, I can try to rely them to him and post the answers.

LOL you are not alone. I literally keep checking my LECOM portal every two hour today.

:oops::oops::oops: No interview for me. Where where the people getting interviews complete? I submitted secondary 7/2

Relax. They are still reviewing people that submitted on 6/26.

LECOM-B did not even look at app yet they still are not in the required letters and credits. WTF.

I really think my PHP LOR was horrible. I had what I though were strong stats.
3.7 Overall GPA, 3.6 sciGPA 24 MCAT ( 8/8/8) 1,000s of clinical experiences as a volunteer, CNA and MA. 100s of non-medical volunteer hours that were meaningful ( Mentoring, etc) plus I am a Black female FL resident.

Relax. Stats are OK. They are still working on stuff. There's lots of interview spots left and it may take them months to fill them and go through the apps. Don't worry if it takes a while.

no interview here yet :( do you think it's a silent rejection?

They will reject you if they wanted to. You'll get it within a month. Most likely they just haven't reviewed your app yet.

Everyone, seriously just relax. Not everyone will get an interview the first week. Not getting an interview right now, doesn't mean anything.

Has this happened to anybody else yet? I submitted by secondary on June 29, and I looked on the portal and my applicant checklist has all red x's...even my mcat and all the classes and even the secondary!!! And I got the email saying that they have processed by secondary. WHAT IS HAPPENING ME FREAKING OUT.

From what it looks like, people with similar stats to mine have been getting interviews that submitted after me.

Has this happened to anybody else yet? I submitted by secondary on June 29, and I looked on the portal and my applicant checklist has all red x's...even my mcat and all the classes and even the secondary!!! And I got the email saying that they have processed by secondary. WHAT IS HAPPENING ME FREAKING OUT.

From what it looks like, people with similar stats to mine have been getting interviews that submitted after me.

I was in the same situation and then they updated my status and everything was okay. Just relax, give them some time and if you do have the same stats then expect an ii soon.

Yes that happened to me, and I waited 2 days and everything was showing complete. I think they just haven't actually updated it yet. It's a process. It does not mean you haven't turned anything in, or that they don't have it. Just give them a day or 2.

Did anyone have their DO letter sent directly to the school? I was told by my physician that he mailed my letter already. However, I'm a little worried because I noticed that on the LECOM LOR instruction it said permanent address under Applicant info. Do the letters have to include my permanent address? I'm a little worried since I'm pretty sure he didnt include my address on his letter.

If you prefer one site over the other would it be smart to only fill out one secondary for this school? What are the secondary questions? Can someone PM me with them.

Thanks! :)

If you prefer one site over the other would it be smart to only fill out one secondary for this school? What are the secondary questions? Can someone PM me with them.

Thanks! :)

There are no secondary essays for Erie. :)

So when you apply to one are you applying to both? How does it work?
In the secondary, you indicate your campus preference. You can list Erie as your first choice and Seton Hill as your second or vice versa. You can also simply indicate preference for one campus.