Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know whether the schools has accepted Canadian international students in the past?

No idea, My application is in though!!! good luck to other applicants, look forward to hearing back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary completed only biographical information took me 2 minutes!

Reactions: 1 user
Plus the incredibly slow computer time haha

Last week at the LECOM Bradenton Open House, they stated that they will try to begin interviewing in July (and will have more interview dates in August). Idk if it'll be the same for the PA campuses, but I'm guessing that they'll be aiming for a similar timeline.

FYI- Bradenton is projecting 4,000 completed secondaries (last year they had 5,000ish primaries) for 800 interview invites.

Last edited:
Can someone also comment on the PCSP pathway? (the 3 year accelerated one). I wanted to know if it limits your chances of getting a residency in a specific region in particular and/or gives you less time for board review.

This is all i know from someone who posted last year, " the PCSP track is the same as the other tracks in the beginning, but if you are then selected for the track, which happens during first year and is dependent on things like GPA, then you continue on an accelerated track. Basically you lose your summers and pretty much all non-core rotation electives, and instead do a few extra FM and IM rotations. "

Is is true that if you don't have a DO LOR, you can still apply and they'll set up you up with a DO during the interview who will write a letter for you?

Is is true that if you don't have a DO LOR, you can still apply and they'll set up you up with a DO during the interview who will write a letter for you?

I believe so. I have heard this numerous times.

Hey those of you who have done the secondary. How long did it take for them to send it too you? I send my application in on Tuesday and was just curious.

Hey those of you who have done the secondary. How long did it take for them to send it too you? I send my application in on Tuesday and was just curious.
Well you need to be verified first.

I received a secondary request but there's some technical glitch that the IT department has to fix with my account. Submitted 6/3 10:30pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you need to be verified first.

I was verified 6/4 and AACOMAS released my app on 6/26.

Ik it hasn't been long but I have already got most of the secondaries for the schools that sent out that day so I was just curious how long the turn around was for y'all.

I was verified 6/4 and AACOMAS released my app on 6/26.

Ik it hasn't been long but I have already got most of the secondaries for the schools that sent out that day so I was just curious how long the turn around was for y'all.
Oh, so yea just give it some time, I'd say by Wednesday just should get it imo

Can someone also comment on the PCSP pathway? (the 3 year accelerated one). I wanted to know if it limits your chances of getting a residency in a specific region in particular and/or gives you less time for board review.

This is all i know from someone who posted last year, " the PCSP track is the same as the other tracks in the beginning, but if you are then selected for the track, which happens during first year and is dependent on things like GPA, then you continue on an accelerated track. Basically you lose your summers and pretty much all non-core rotation electives, and instead do a few extra FM and IM rotations. "
I believe that the program is shortened due to a loss of summer breaks as well as all elective rotations. So I assume the pace isn't overwhelmingly increased.

status was finally changed to "application is under review"

Once my primary was verified by AACOMAS, it took ~10 days to receive the Erie/Seton Hill secondary e-mail invite. My friends who applied earlier in the cycle received their secondaries in less than 10 days.

When I logged into the portal to complete Erie/Seton Hill, there was a Bradenton secondary sitting there as well. Puzzled, I contacted Bradenton, and they said it was fine to fill out their secondary without having received the e-mail invite as long as it was because Erie had already put me in the system. Both secondaries take <2 minutes to complete.

Good luck everybody! :)

So is Erie a Thursday school? I.e sends out interview invites on Thursdays?

INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!

Congrats! Jealous

It's pretty common place for people to share stats when they get an II or acceptance. What would the person who got it care? They made it that far.
Knew that comment would get you guys all mad :p

Secondary completed only biographical information took me 2 minutes!

Just got my password worked out with IT to get into my account but can't figure out how to actually do the secondary. Is there a place in the account that im not seeing? Or do I have to wait on another e-mail notification?

Just got my password worked out with IT to get into my account but can't figure out how to actually do the secondary. Is there a place in the account that im not seeing? Or do I have to wait on another e-mail notification?
The directions should be in a separate email, one that's from admissions vs. the woman from IT. I think you click "Admissions" at the top blue tab then "DO-Erie" on the left.

I don't know if this is the same secondary as it is for Bradenton campus, but did you guys input your SAT/ACT scores? I don't even remember what I scored...

*EDIT* Nevermind, found my old scores online.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of y'all submitted secondaries to both Bradenton and Eerie/SH? I think I want to submit a secondary for Brandenton for sure, but I'm not sure how I should preference Eerie/SH or if I should even put a second preference. I've read a ton about all 3 branches on SDN but I'm still having a hard time deciding =\

Got an interview. Wow... that was quick. If I get in I will only have 30 days... very soon to commit somewhere what to do ...

Reactions: 3 users
Got an interview. Wow... that was quick. If I get in I will only have 30 days... very soon to commit somewhere what to do ...
Yup that's why I'm so hesitant about LECOM! 30 days to decide and a $1500 deposit is not a light decision to make.

Did they give you an option for days?

Yup that's why I'm so hesitant about LECOM! 30 days to decide and a $1500 deposit is not a light decision to make.

It looks like there isn't an option for days, but there is a number to call the admissions office and reschedule if you absolutely need to

Eek, that scares me. I was planning on submitting my secondary soon but now I'm not so sure about that...how could you possibly make a decision if you don't even know your other options yet?

Reactions: 1 users

Thought aacomas guidelines say you have into December 15?