Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have interviewed or have an invite, how long after you submitted your secondary did you hear back about an interview? I sumbitted my secondary the first week of Sept and have not heard anything yet. Should I contact them to see whats up or does it typically take this long?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have interviewed or have an invite, how long after you submitted your secondary did you hear back about an interview? I sumbitted my secondary the first week of Sept and have not heard anything yet. Should I contact them to see whats up or does it typically take this long?
I submitted mid august and heard back mid september

I was complete 10/6, received invite 10/9. I think it varies though. I would give them a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview on 10/31 - anyone have any hotel recommendations? Thanks. BTW, I am flying into Pittsburgh, then driving to Erie - I think it is about 3 hours.
Yes, only about 2 hour drive, maybe 2.5 from the airport with traffic. There are a bunch of hotels on Peach Street. I personally stayed at the Fairfield Inn because it was close to restaurants/mall and my husband waited around all day for me and I wanted him to have something to do! haha

Reactions: 1 user
Got complete email July 7th, interview invite on July 11th. Interview on August 15. Acceptance letter September 29th.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what the schedule is like in LDP? Is it 8-5 M-F?

I'm just curious, if cost was no issue would you still be making your decision with regards to LECOM vs WVSOM?
Yes but that is just my opinion. Everyone has to decide for themselves where is the "good fit".

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious, if cost was no issue would you still be making your decision with regards to LECOM vs WVSOM?
This decision wasn't easy for me to make, but if I don't receive any more interviews and acceptances I am choosing where I would rather go. The easy answer, yes I would choose LECOM over WVSOM if price wasn't a factor- the decision would have been more difficult but I think I still would have ended up at LECOM. PM me if you're interested in specifics.

Also LDP wooot!!

Reactions: 2 users
Same here!! saving 80,000 plus interest.
Are you LDP?

Looks like our study group is coming together! @deejaymd
LD
This decision wasn't easy for me to make, but if I don't receive any more interviews and acceptances I am choosing where I would rather go. The easy answer, yes I would choose LECOM over WVSOM if price wasn't a factor- the decision would have been more difficult but I think I still would have ended up at LECOM. PM me if you're interested in specifics.

Also LDP wooot!!

win- win situation..........................opened two seats for someone else at WVSOM. They were good people!

Reactions: 2 users
Does this mean that they're less picky with who they invite for an interview? I'm concerned that chances of an acceptance post interview would be smaller.

Sounds about right. They have been sending a lot out around this time.

Anyone know what the schedule is like in LDP? Is it 8-5 M-F?

IIRC that's what they said during the interview. Labs and OMT are interspersed in between lectures some days during that time too.

From what I've heard from LDP kids I know, the schedule varies from 8-4/5 and 8-3. If you ask me, it sounds like forever, but I think it gets better after anatomy, and everyone I talked to said they got used to the schedule pretty quickly.

In PBL, we got used to not having to be at school for more than a few hours a day, and we complain so much when we have to be there for like 4 hrs straight or something. I don't know what I'm going to do on rotations :p.

I'm disappointed. Turned in my secondary at the end of July and haven't received anything from LECOM yet. Still sayd "your file is under review" I already was accepted by another school, but still! If you don't want at least have the decency to reject me. This happened to me in the 2012 cycle where they just never responded to me :mad: Anybody else with this issue??

Hi, I'm a junior pre-med matriculating to LECOM in the fall of 2016. I've lived just outside of Erie all my life so if anyone has questions about the area I'd be happy to tell what I know! This is actually my first SDN comment, so I hope this is still an active thread... if yes, then are there any current LECOM students on here?

Does this mean that they're less picky with who they invite for an interview? I'm concerned that chances of an acceptance post interview would be smaller.
Someone mentioned they interview 1500 people for all spots and receive ~8000 apps. Not sure how true this is.

II - scheduled it for next friday 10/24
Congratulations! I'm interviewing this Friday as well. Hopefully I'll see you there. You must have really had to scramble to make arrangements if you just recently got your invite!

For all three campuses? How many spots are those in total?

Someone mentioned they interview 1500 people for all spots and receive ~8000 apps. Not sure how true this is.

Congratulations! I'm interviewing this Friday as well. Hopefully I'll see you there. You must have really had to scramble to make arrangements if you just recently got your invite!
Holy crap yes! Quite a scramble, I'm just glad I got a decently early interview. And sweet, looking forward to meeting you!!

Forgive me, but are you here to troll? Regardless, they likely won't take your app seriously.

They took my app seriously, and my stats aren't so far off from that. My cGPA is a little lower, but otherwise...

I think you have plenty of time to apply, and that if you are serious about going here, they will be happy to have you.

They took my app seriously, and my stats aren't so far off from that. My cGPA is a little lower, but otherwise...

I think you have plenty of time to apply, and that if you are serious about going here, they will be happy to have you.
Good to know, but it seemed like that person was just here to troll. That's the point I was driving home. haha

Good to know, but it seemed like that person was just here to troll. That's the point I was driving home. haha

Gotcha. I just try to be everyone's cheerleader. Heaven knows ya need one from time to time in this process.

I am pretty sure I saw couple of acceptances for PCSP in this thread but it's kinda hard to filter through to find you guys. :p So I would appreciate it if you guys can maybe PM me or let me know who you are :)

I have an interview coming up in a month and was interested in learning more about PCSP. Were there any interview questions that you felt were geared toward your interest in this track? Also, are you aware of any specific conditions that you have to follow if you are accepted to this track?

Thanks in advance!

Gotcha. I just try to be everyone's cheerleader. Heaven knows ya need one from time to time in this process.
Amen to that! So glad that it is over for me. I would never want to do it again. I only had to do it all once, was accepted at my first interview after going to others after LECOM's. Have not heard from one that I thought I would hear from! I think at times it is a crap shoot! Just lucky I guess because I know that there were many who had better credentials than I did. Grateful and looking forward to the next journey at LECOM. To all who are still in the process, we are routing for you................no matter where! I am trying to add up the cost of primaries, supplementals, travel expenses to interviews, etc. The cost just for all of that is staggering (at least for me!)

I will not be putting down a deposit for LECOM, hope the spot goes to one of you other great candidates!

Amen to that! So glad that it is over for me. I would never want to do it again. I only had to do it all once, was accepted at my first interview after going to others after LECOM's. Have not heard from one that I thought I would hear from! I think at times it is a crap shoot! Just lucky I guess because I know that there were many who had better credentials than I did. Grateful and looking forward to the next journey at LECOM. To all who are still in the process, we are routing for you................no matter where! I am trying to add up the cost of primaries, supplementals, travel expenses to interviews, etc. The cost just for all of that is staggering (at least for me!)
It absolutely is. I have a friend who has been unable to apply to med school because of the cost alone, even with some fee waivers. I feel for her. :/

I submitted my secondary last night, and got the complete email this morning. Any clue what the recent turn around time has been from receiving the complete email to getting an interview invitation? I have seen a few in this thread saying its only been a couple days but I wasn't sure if that was the norm...

I submitted my secondary last night, and got the complete email this morning. Any clue what the recent turn around time has been from receiving the complete email to getting an interview invitation? I have seen a few in this thread saying its only been a couple days but I wasn't sure if that was the norm...
I submitted 10 days ago and haven't heard anything.

I submitted 10 days ago and haven't heard anything.

Did you get the email saying it was processed? I was shocked that I submitted it last night and got that this morning....I submitted the Bradenton one a week ago and it still isn't processed.

Did you get the email saying it was processed? I was shocked that I submitted it last night and got that this morning....I submitted the Bradenton one a week ago and it still isn't processed.
Yeah same, LECOM-Erie I got the confirmation they received secondary 3 days after submission and my portal changed to "Under Review". Brandenton, it has been silent and my portal hasn't changed from "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Yeah same, LECOM-Erie I got the confirmation they received secondary 3 days after submission and my portal changed to "Under Review". Brandenton, it has been silent and my portal hasn't changed from "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Ahh ok...Well the portal for my Bradenton one doesn't even say they received it. I got an email saying they received it and they would update me when it is "complete". But the portal says If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application"

I submitted Bradenton over a month ago and it still hasn't processed!

Well I was really really early in the cycle with approximately a week turn around. I'd be surprised if they were still on that tight schedule.

I also submitted last night! From what I can tell, it seems like most people hear back in 3-4 weeks, but then there are some who have been waiting since July so I'm kind of worried at the range of time it takes to receive an ii. Does anybody who got an ii recently mind sharing how long after secondary submission did the ii come? It'll help ease our minds temporarily haha

Oh man! Are you referring to Erie or Bradenton? If I'm not mistaken, we have very similar stats so that is worrying that you've heard silence! *goes back to nail biting*

Yeah dude it sucks! I was complete August 14 (ish...too lazy to check the email haha) at LECOM-B. I think we are borderline for LECOM-B but I'm confused as to why I haven't got a response for LECOM-E