Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never really been around snow to be honest. I'm from socal.
Erie isn't just snow. It's the MOST snow of any city in the country. That lake effect! haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview here next Friday and I was wondering if there's a place to put luggage during the presentation/interview/tour? I'm probably going to end up leaving from the school straight to the airport.

I have an interview here next Friday and I was wondering if there's a place to put luggage during the presentation/interview/tour? I'm probably going to end up leaving from the school straight to the airport.

I have a feeling they will accommodate you. Probably best to just call them

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. October interviewee here, just got the status change that I will receive a letter in the mail within 30 days.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing at ERIE on 11/21! Excited to see this school in person. Anyone else interviewing on that day?

I also interviewed on the 24th and my portal just says the same "Thank you for interviewing..." :/

Does anyone know how they review applications to make a decision post-interview? Like do they review all the applicants that interviewed on the same day together?

Last edited:
My issue is that my DO still hasn't sent his LOR :-(..... I hate bugging him but really want to go to LECOM!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah - Don't think you will like the climate in Lake Erie -- seriously different from SoCal
Yeah, I'm from central Florida and I looked up some pictures of Erie in the winter...looks scary hah.

Yeah, I'm from central Florida and I looked up some pictures of Erie in the winter...looks scary hah.
\I'm interviewing next Friday too! Are you ready for snow, because that is in the forecast. Going to be fun times, thankful I think the whole interview is inside.

\I'm interviewing next Friday too! Are you ready for snow, because that is in the forecast. Going to be fun times, thankful I think the whole interview is inside.
It'll definitely be different! I haven't seen snow since I was like 5. I'm just hoping nothing happens to my flights there or back lol.

My Status on Portal shows as "The admission committee has made a decision on your application. you will receive offical letter in mail with in 30 days"

Does this mean a "Admission " Or a "Rejection".
Anybody in the same situation. Please let me know

Thanks

My Status on Portal shows as "The admission committee has made a decision on your application. you will receive offical letter in mail with in 30 days"

Thanks
Mine said the exact wording back in September after I interviewed. I was accepted. Not sure if this would give you false hope or not. It took exactly 30 days to hear! If the envelope looks like it has more than one letter in it, you were accepted. One piece of paper, rejected or wait listed. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Thanks. I hope I get a fat letter.

Thanks
All statuses are the same no matter outcome- so it could be anything!

Please someone correct me if I am wrong but LECOM-E does not like calls on admissions decisions?

Thanks

If it says the 30 days thing then you are either accepted or wait listed. It's not 100% but from what I have seen, I would say it's 97% wait list or acceptance. If you got rejected your status would have changed to "your application is under review" most likely.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong but LECOM-E does not like calls on admissions decisions?

Not sure if they like it or not but they definitely won't tell you your decision through phone. If you ask for the decision status they will say "we will change the status on portal once the decision is made" lol

Does anyone know how often the adcom meet for discussing decisions? I called and asked becuase i defered my decision to the 3rd after i interviewed in septemeber, and the person i called said they'll make a decision the next time the adcom meets

Hi-
Can anyone (especially the ones with recent IIs) let me know the first date available on the lecom portal scheduler? I have never posted on this forum, but have been keeping an eye on the conversations and have not seen a recent post with an interview invite! Thanks.

My portal status just changed. Decision made! And now we officially wait for the letter. Fingers crossed! Interviewed 10/10

anyone trying to post on room mate finder for 2015 Erie campus? What am I doing wrong? I can read, but not post? New Matriculate in DO program.

Letter came today.. Accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For people with future interviews, I recommend coming early the day before interview (if not earlier) as winter and snow comes. At my interview 11/7, few people being interviewed had flights get cancelled/were given alternative routes that took longer than expected.

My portal status just changed. Decision made! And now we officially wait for the letter. Fingers crossed! Interviewed 10/10

Interviewed 10/17 and just had a status change. @deejaymd be sure to let us know when you receive that letter!

Letter came today.. Accepted!

Received acceptance letter in the mail this weekend!

I interviewed back in August and chose to defer my decision.

Do you guys remember when you received the status change that a decision was made and you would receive a letter within 30 days? I received the status change last week and unfortunately have not received my letter yet :(

I still haven't heard about an interview! Secondary processed on 9/29.
3.6 cGPA 3.5 sGPA 25 MCAT (7 in PS section).
Good EC's and LOR's.
Can anyone guess what my chances are here? Thank you.

Do you guys remember when you received the status change that a decision was made and you would receive a letter within 30 days? I received the status change last week and unfortunately have not received my letter yet :(
Be patient! It says 30 days max and it has barely been a week! This is the worst wait ever and I'm in the same boat haha

Good EC's and LOR's.

I have nearly identical stats (3.51cGPA, 3.44sGPA 25 MCAT) and I haven't heard anything either. I sent them an "in the area" email a week ago because I will be in Pittsburgh the first week of December, but I haven't gotten a response. Hopefully that just means they are full for that week, and not that they aren't considering me :/

Be patient! It says 30 days max and it has barely been a week! This is the worst wait ever and I'm in the same boat haha

Totally agreed. This wait is definitely the worst. Really hoping that it's good news for both of us this week. :)

I have nearly identical stats (3.51cGPA, 3.44sGPA 25 MCAT) and I haven't heard anything either. I sent them an "in the area" email a week ago because I will be in Pittsburgh the first week of December, but I haven't gotten a response. Hopefully that just means they are full for that week, and not that they aren't considering me :/
I'm pretty sure they are already scheduling in February. From other posts I've seen, they are full in Nov and Dec.

Good EC's and LOR's.

In the same exact boat as you! Was complete 10/20 (3.9 sGPA and cGPA and 26 MCAT). I'm honestly not sure how they're selecting for an interview. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to us. I've seen people with similar and even less stats getting ii's so I'm so confused :(

In the same exact boat as you! Was complete 10/20 (3.9 sGPA and cGPA and 26 MCAT). I'm honestly not sure how they're selecting for an interview. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to us. I've seen people with similar and even less stats getting ii's so I'm so confused :(

LECOM Erie received 7,625 applications during the 2013-2014 application cycle so it is likely they are trudging their way through a similar amount this year. Unfortunately, being complete 10/20 puts you behind the curve so just hang in there!

I'm pretty sure they are already scheduling in February. From other posts I've seen, they are full in Nov and Dec.

I've seen that as well, so I am hoping the reason I haven't gotten a response is just because it's not possible to get me in that early. Seton Hill is one of my top choices, so I really hope I get an ii soon, even if its for Feb.

They are likely just swamped right now. Have faith!

Thanks. I hope I get a fat letter.

Haha yeah a fat letter is a good sign. My legal address is at my parents place. So my mom checked the mail one day and let me know there was a "fat letter from LECOM" lol. I raced over there to open it. Sure enough it was an acceptance with the matriculation agreement packet (which is what made it so thick). So I would say that a fat letter is a good thing. :) good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Haha yeah a fat letter is a good sign. My legal address is at my parents place. So my mom checked the mail one day and let me know there was a "fat letter from LECOM" lol. I raced over there to open it. Sure enough it was an acceptance with the matriculation agreement packet (which is what made it so thick). So I would say that a fat letter is a good thing. :) good luck!

Congratulations! Will you be matriculating?

LECOM Erie received 7,625 applications during the 2013-2014 application cycle so it is likely they are trudging their way through a similar amount this year. Unfortunately, being complete 10/20 puts you behind the curve so just hang in there!
I'd venture to say they're receiving more because of the 2015 MCAT and requirement changes for schools due to the change. Some schools are seeing 10-15% increase in apps!

Portal still says " Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notifed when the committee makes a decision on your application" :eek:

Portal still says " Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notifed when the committee makes a decision on your application" :eek:
Mine changed about a month after my interview. I checked it literally every day, sometimes twice a day. hahaha