Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine changed about a month after my interview. I checked it literally every day, sometimes twice a day. hahaha
I interviewed in August. I've been checking a few times a day now and still no change. Also I was rejected from Bradenton and that portal never changed either

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in August. I've been checking a few times a day now and still no change. Also I was rejected from Bradenton and that portal never changed either
I haven't even heard back from Bradenton and I submitted in August, the same time I submitted Erie. It's all crazy!

My Status on Portal shows as "The admission committee has made a decision on your application. you will receive offical letter in mail with in 30 days"

Does this mean a "Admission " Or a "Rejection".
Anybody in the same situation. Please let me know

Thanks

Mines says it was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Erie. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Canceled my interview on 12/29. Good luck to everyone else.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be declining my acceptance offer to attend an allopathic school. I wish all of you the best!

I'd venture to say they're receiving more because of the 2015 MCAT and requirement changes for schools due to the change. Some schools are seeing 10-15% increase in apps!

Its been increasing every year even without the MCAT change, so it's likely they'll get a greater number this year. Probably in the 8k range.

Don't worry about checking daily. At most, check every weekday in the evening. I highly doubt anyone is updating over the weekend.

Interviewed 10/10, Received acceptance letter 11/14!!!!!!! LECOM Class of 2019 - LDP!!! Can't wait to meet you fine folk!! See you in Erie!

Reactions: 10 users
Just got ii! Scheduled interview for December 29th! Looking forward to some serious snow :p

Congratulations! Will you be matriculating?

Yes! I sent in my deposit and confirmed my acceptance! I am very excited! Will be looking for places to live after the holidays I imagine.

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 10/10, Received acceptance letter 11/14!!!!!!! LECOM Class of 2019 - LDP!!! Can't wait to meet you fine folk!! See you in Erie!
Congratulations! Now for my letter...

Maybe mines comes in today

When did you interview?

Yes! I sent in my deposit and confirmed my acceptance! I am very excited! Will be looking for places to live after the holidays I imagine.

Good luck!

Fantastic! Let us know how the housing search goes.

Cancelling my interview for 12-12-14. Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance letter in the mail today for the PBL pathway. Interviewed 10/8.

I was a little surprised by my acceptance here since my interview didn't feel the best. Everyone else in my group's fun fact was "I did research on ... " "I volunteered ... " and mine was about Star Wars :alien:

Advice for future interviewees: don't use the interview to try to one-up everyone else in the room and spew out every piece of your resume. Instead smile and show your real personality because (I think) that's what they're really looking for.

Reactions: 6 users

Congratuations Deejaymd. I will be joining. I've just received my letter today also. Interviewed 10/24. So happy to be accepted into medical school. Definitely look forward to attending LECOM.

Reactions: 4 users

We should get tally of how many we now have accepted into LDP so far. What made you choose LECOM as your final choice?

Congratuations Deejaymd. I will be joining. I've just received my letter today also. Interviewed 10/24. So happy to be accepted into medical school. Definitely look forward to attending LECOM.

LDP?

Got an acceptance letter in the mail today for the PBL pathway. Interviewed 10/8.

I was a little surprised by my acceptance here since my interview didn't feel the best. Everyone else in my group's fun fact was "I did research on ... " "I volunteered ... " and mine was about Star Wars :alien:

Advice for future interviewees: don't use the interview to try to one-up everyone else in the room and spew out every piece of your resume. Instead smile and show your real personality because (I think) that's what they're really looking for.

Have to agree with that also. I have no idea what was really outstanding with myself at my interview. Just was myself and interested in everyone in my group. I am not a very competitive person and really dislike this whole drama infested scenario of applying to medical school. Only had to do it once. Would never want to do it again. I would like everyone who is on this site be admitted somewhere. We have a lot of individuals who I know have the calling and would be an excellent physician.They are entering this career for the right reasons. I am in a Post Bac program and it is major cut throat with many of my peers. I was lucky and was admitted in September. I am a little ahead of the process than many of them but still feel animosity. I actually hated to tell anyone I was admitted. My relatives who are physicians tell me that the competition in medical school is just with yourself. The race is over. You arrived!

Reactions: 3 users

THIS. Don't use that extra time to keep adding something in and trying to one-up everyone- just makes you look bad.

'grats Charmander and deejay and silvermecca and coolguy!!!

Reactions: 4 users
We should get tally of how many we now have accepted into LDP so far. What made you choose LECOM as your final choice?
Lots of things! Facilities, board pass rate, structure of program (LDP for me), professionalism, wellness center, proximity to Pittsburgh (my hometown), availability of a job for my husband.

interviewed 10/10 and got the acceptance letter today (LDP)! feels good to have options :) now for deciding...

Hey guys! I got the status change to " a decision has been made" a few days ago. Does that mean that they've already mailed the letter or just that a decision was made and will be mailed soon?

Hey guys! I got the status change to " a decision has been made" a few days ago. Does that mean that they've already mailed the letter or just that a decision was made and will be mailed soon?
Well, my status changed on 11/6 and I got my letter 8 days later. I'm sure it is not the same for everyone but I don't think anyone who did regular decision had to wait the full 30 days.

Getting very nervous, my status still says waiting on LOR from DO; which has been sent a week ago. I know they are very busy and I have emailed (twice, gulp hope not considered a pest).
Argh... this process is rough. I thought my interview on the 31st of October went well; I liked them and I hope they liked me!

Got an acceptance letter!!! LDP

Last edited:
Interviewed 10/17. Waitlisted. Bummed, but at least I still have a chance. I guess I play the waiting game now.

Interviewed 10/17. Got my acceptance letter today. LDP. Unfortunately I will be withdrawing my application. LECOM made the least impression on me compared to my other acceptances. Hope the spot goes to one of you. Goodluck!

Interviewed 10/17. Got my acceptance letter today. LDP. Unfortunately I will be withdrawing my application. LECOM made the least impression on me compared to my other acceptances. Hope the spot goes to one of you. Goodluck!
You!!! Hehe again

Hey everyone. I am interviewing this Friday at LECOM. Any advice on things I need to know how to answer? What are some of the questions they ask? I am excited to go to LECOM cause I have never been to PA before. Any advice or information about the interview process or the whole day in general will be helpful. Thank you!

Hey everyone. I am interviewing this Friday at LECOM. Any advice on things I need to know how to answer? What are some of the questions they ask? I am excited to go to LECOM cause I have never been to PA before. Any advice or information about the interview process or the whole day in general will be helpful. Thank you!
I will say, relax, do not over talk, be yourself.

I will say, relax, do not over talk, be yourself.

Somewhere on a past thread, maybe last year's, (2013-2014) specific questions were given as a heads up. They seemed to use the same format when I interviewed. Can anyone help? I forget where I found it! It definitely helped me and I was prepared. Some questions were slightly different. On a whole, these are good people you are interviewing with. Very relaxed, personable. Be yourself. Listen when the other's in your group speak. Direct eye contact with all speakers. Do not try to out do anyone in your group. Smile................Be honest and truthful and HUMBLE. Make sure you add to the conversation. You want to stress your good qualities also but do not over talk! You will be fine. And turn off your cell phone. Just a reminder. I saw on a past thread someone actually took a phone call. Nail in the coffin! There was only one school that I felt I was on the firing squad with. On a whole, not too bad of an experience. Would I want to do the process again......................No!

Last edited:
Lots of things! Facilities, board pass rate, structure of program (LDP for me), professionalism, wellness center, proximity to Pittsburgh (my hometown), availability of a job for my husband.
The only thing that is concerning me is the amount of snow the region gets. I live in the Poconos and am used to snow but I think this area is worse than what I am used to also. Five hours away from home! Also thinking about apartment. Might get one by myself and not have to worry about other's study times etc. Just have to worry about myself! Just got a new jeep to drudge through it. I am ready I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
The only thing that is concerning me is the amount of snow the region gets. I live in the Poconos and am used to snow but I think this area is worse than what I am used to also. Five hours away from home! Also thinking about apartment. Might get one by myself and not have to worry about other's study times etc. Just have to worry about myself! Just got a new jeep to drudge through it. I am ready I guess.
You'll need the Jeep! It snows a LOT in Erie, Cleveland, and Western NY in general because of the lake effect. It's flat there though so getting around is different than being where it snows and roads are hilly and curvy.

@HuskyPride149 I discussed some stuff after my interview. Check on this thread around August 8!

You'll need the Jeep! It snows a LOT in Erie, Cleveland, and Western NY in general because of the lake effect. It's flat there though so getting around is different than being where it snows and roads are hilly and curvy.

@HuskyPride149 I discussed some stuff after my interview. Check on this thread around August 8!

I found a townhouse on the same road as LECOM and have an SUV. I will be hitting up Cabela's for some boots and gear in the summer when it is all on sale. :D My brother lived in Wisconsin on the lake so he gave me lots of good tips for not freezing in -50 degree weather and snow. lol

I found a townhouse on the same road as LECOM and have an SUV. I will be hitting up Cabela's for some boots and gear in the summer when it is all on sale. :D My brother lived in Wisconsin on the lake so he gave me lots of good tips for not freezing in -50 degree weather and snow. lol

You should share those tips with the rest of us! Is the townhouse part of a complex or a standalone unit?

Anyone have any info on emailing our interviewers post interview thanking them for their time etc? Is it frowned upon? Should we email the admissions office and ask them to forward the email to our interviewers or email our interviewers directly?

You should share those tips with the rest of us! Is the townhouse part of a complex or a standalone unit?
It's a part of a complex. There are a TON of options. I just googled it and found a website called RentalGuide. It was extremely helpful! I need a place that big enough for me, my husband and our 2 cats :D haha

Share some of those tips with the rest of us when you have the time. Good Idea about hitting Cabella's. I am going to do the same in the summer.

Share some of those tips with the rest of us when you have the time. Good Idea about hitting Cabella's. I am going to do the same in the summer.
Perhaps we should start a LECOM acceptance thread so we don't muck up this one more than we already have!? lol Or join the Class of 2019 Facebook group!

Still haven't found a DO to write me a letter and the interview is weeks away! Why is this so hard?

Still haven't found a DO to write me a letter and the interview is weeks away! Why is this so hard?
Where do you live????? send me a personal message with your info. Might be able to help you!

Last edited:
Perhaps we should start a LECOM acceptance thread so we don't muck up this one more than we already have!? lol Or join the Class of 2019 Facebook group!

Not on Facebook. Perhaps I should create an account. Never wanted to do it!

It's a part of a complex. There are a TON of options. I just googled it and found a website called RentalGuide. It was extremely helpful! I need a place that big enough for me, my husband and our 2 cats :D haha

Thanks DJ. I'm looking at it now. I'm hoping to find a place near the school ideally with a garage for me to protect my car in during the Erie blizzards. I imagine finding a place in Erie will be easy no?