Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@dsdo21 thanks really helpful! So basically groups of 6-7 sitting in a circle pass around the talking stick?

Members don't see this ad.

Reading over the email again, where do we meet the day of the interview ?At admissions?

would like to know the answer to this too! With a start time of 7AM, def don't want to be confused when I get there lol

@dsdo21 thanks really helpful! So basically groups of 6-7 sitting in a circle pass around the talking stick?

Yeah I was with 5 or 6 other people. Everyone had to begin by introducing themselves and give some background information on how they came to be interested in LECOM. Then they transitioned into the collaboration part of the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
No interview here, either. Submitted last week. It's a LONG app cycle and we just began. Keeping up hope for an interview here.

At least you submitted early, you'll probably get an II if your stats are decent within a month.

Btw, Admissions confirmed that they take your best score from multiple mcats from the last 3 years.

I think only people who submitted the earliest you could possibly can got interview invites so far

Applied here, application verified this week. Wondering if an II is even an option because I have a scheduled retake, would love to get an early interview...

Reading over the email again, where do we meet the day of the interview ?At admissions?

Just emailed Sarah Taylor and she said that there was an attachment on the initial email sent you. The address to input for the GPS: 1 Seton Hill Drive Greensburg PA 15601 and then follow the attachment directions when you get into campus

Hey all you new applicants. Just want to give you a feel for my personal application timeline to quell some stress.

Applied June 1, 2013. Secondary complete in early July. Interviewed the last wk of September. Placed on the alternate list. Admission granted June 26, 2014.

Moral: it is way to early to stress!!!!! save it for May when schools are wrapping up interviews!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just emailed Sarah Taylor and she said that there was an attachment on the initial email sent you. The address to input for the GPS: 1 Seton Hill Drive Greensburg PA 15601 and then follow the attachment directions when you get into campus
Not going to seton hill but thanks Erie never sent that attachment

Applied here, application verified this week. Wondering if an II is even an option because I have a scheduled retake, would love to get an early interview...

I got an interview invite from LECOM-SH last year when I was still planning my retake (I had my score back from the retake a few weeks before the interview). LECOM-B kept me on pre-interview hold until they got my new score. I think it just depends, but there's definitely a chance of an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all you new applicants. Just want to give you a feel for my personal application timeline to quell some stress.

Applied June 1, 2013. Secondary complete in early July. Interviewed the last wk of September. Placed on the alternate list. Admission granted June 26, 2014.

Moral: it is way to early to stress!!!!! save it for May when schools are wrapping up interviews!!!!!
Thanks for the reassurance!

How many II in the first round? I know we're not "late" by any means but I only just got verified, I really wanted to be in the first batch.

So disappointed, my app was completely ready by May but my school waited 3 weeks to send my transcripts

Last edited:

Walk in the door, and then someone will direct you where to go. It's one building, and they should have a table ready near the door. Look up the LECOM address. Parking is in what looks like the back of the building, down the hill. The main door students can use faces that lower parking lot.

It really depends on your stats. If they were good enough to warrant an II this early to begin with, then it won't matter. If not, they'll wait for the retake.

How many II in the first round? I know we're not "late" by any means but I only just got verified, I really wanted to be in the first batch.

So disappointed, my app was completely ready by May but my school waited 3 weeks to send my transcripts

Each interview day has somewhere from 30-40 people. I wouldn't be too worried though.

Got an II this morning! Will be interviewing 8/8 in Erie.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an II this morning! Will be interviewing 8/8 in Erie.
Congrats! I didn't even get a secondary yet, I'm regretting not applying earlier bc verification took forever..

EDIT: lol weird every time I get anxious and say something the secondary magically appears in my email. Secondary received (through bradenton)

Last edited:
Just clarifying. Is it 30 days from the day they accept you to decide?

Thats early as ****..

Edit: What was the turn around time for interviews after secondary submission?

Last edited:
Is anyone interviewing on August 1? Also, I am coming from NYC and was wondering the best way to travel. Probably from JFK to Erie Airport? Is there a lot of taxi there to hotels and LECOM or do I need to rent a car? I'm excited to interview there and nervous at the same time!

Been complete since secondary coming out, no interview yet. #premedprobs

Anyone know which hotel to stay at? And how to get to LECOM from the hotel? Are there taxi services readily available at 7am in the morning?

I would feel strange calling and asking if i have an interview lol
It's only July, so it's really not time to start panicking. But if a month or two go by, it would be appropriate to call/email to find out if they need anything else for your application, if there's anything else you can provide, etc. just to make sure you're not lost in the shuffle.

It's only July, so it's really not time to start panicking. But if a month or two go by, it would be appropriate to call/email to find out if they need anything else for your application, if there's anything else you can provide, etc. just to make sure you're not lost in the shuffle.
Yea thats what i meant.calling now would be a little ridiculous

Im in the same boat, been complete since july 2nd and havnt heard anything. I wonder if it means ive been put on hold or it just means its game over for me. Im so anxious!!!!!!! anyone from last cycle that didnt get an interview right away like some of the posters here?

Im in the same boat, been complete since july 2nd and havnt heard anything. I wonder if it means ive been put on hold or it just means its game over for me. Im so anxious!!!!!!! anyone from last cycle that didnt get an interview right away like some of the posters here?
Would like this answer too haha

Don't have an interview response here yet either and i was in pretty early. Does getting an interview mean that you passed the GPA and MCAT requirements for admission? Like is this going to be a closed book or open book interview.

For all you guys concerned about not getting an II yet, no need to worry halfway through July. They have a HUGE first year enrollment (~370) so they will be interviewing tons of students. Especially since there were no secondary essays and that they don't require letters prior to sending IIs, I'm guessing the first batch of interviews are mostly given to students with standout GPA and MCAT. Imagine how many interviews they give out if they enroll almost 400... we're talking probably like 1,500 though that is just a guess. Hang in there people!

Anyone know which hotel to stay at? And how to get to LECOM from the hotel? Are there taxi services readily available at 7am in the morning?

They sent a list of hotels as an attachment with the interview invite email. Frankly, I plan on staying in the cheapest option.

Good luck everyone tomorrow on their interviews! This date was way too early for me idk how your doing it I had change mine to august! Best xoxox your gonna rock it! Let us know how it is!

For all you guys concerned about not getting an II yet, no need to worry halfway through July. They have a HUGE first year enrollment (~370) so they will be interviewing tons of students. Especially since there were no secondary essays and that they don't require letters prior to sending IIs, I'm guessing the first batch of interviews are mostly given to students with standout GPA and MCAT. Imagine how many interviews they give out if they enroll almost 400... we're talking probably like 1,500 though that is just a guess. Hang in there people!
thanks for the support!

Hey, random freakout time because I'm confused by this LECOM portal ...

I got an email saying my supp app has been processed, but my "Admissions Status" is blank. In required letters and credits, I also am "missing" everything, including MCAT and supplementary application... Finally, when I click on supplementary application, it's all blank as if I never submitted anything.

Do I just ... wait? Or am I missing something

Last edited:

What's their acceptance percent? I mean I think they have to accept at least double that class size.

Can interviewees for tomorrow let us know if they have the option to defer?

Does anyone else have all X's for their folder items on the portal? Aka for Bio, chem, physic, etc requirement.

For hotels I did a mystery Priceline deal for Erie West- got a room for $67 at a nice hotel! I'll be interested to check back tomorrow and see what people thought :)

Anyone know if they take 2 or 3 letters instead of a pre health committee packet?

Last edited:
Sooo do they really have a behavioral science requirement like their website indicates? ugh

Does:
Economics or Cultural studies work for this requirement?

EDIT:
NVM, I checked my transcripts on AACOMAS and they list the behavioral courses on your transcript. So Gender and Culture studies count!

Yeah, Native American Studies and Women's Studies were accepted as behavioral sciences for me.

It's 6 hours though :/, I have core-requirement classes and econ classes that I'll try however to get them to accept afterwards :p

What's their acceptance percent? I mean I think they have to accept at least double that class size.
No idea on percent acceptance, but I think at least double would be a safe bet. Assuming about 750 acceptances, that is a lot of interviews to give out...

No idea on percent acceptance, but I think at least double would be a safe bet. Assuming about 750 acceptances, that is a lot of interviews to give out...

Yah, I'm inclined to think it may be more than double though. LECOM is a great school but it's traditionally on SDN considered some what of a second or third choice school. But yah, lets see how it all works out I suppose.

Thus the cattle car approach to interviews. Finding out that they do their interviews in groups is one of the things that pushed them down on my list. I know there are a lot of applicants and that a lot of interviews have to be conducted, but given the investment that we are making in one another, I really think at least 20-30 minutes of one-on-one time with another person is called for. Seriously, applicants are spending hundreds of dollars to come out to see you and you just process them in a cluster? Unacceptable.

EDIT: This is my opinion because I have been given to believe that the interview is exclusively a group activity. I get that group interaction may have some value in this process, but if it is not supplemented by at least a short one-on-one, I think that speaks volumes about how the school sees and values its students. If there is an individual component, I will rethink my opinion.