Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@mcmed315 why so late? Just don't want you to pay for an application that won't even be considered because we're 5 days from the deadline, with a pretty full class and interviews almost wrapped up!

Members don't see this ad.

@stickshifthonda I know. And I'm more than ok with re-applying if it comes to that. I know chances may be slim but it's still a chance. So, I figured I would try. Even if it's extra money for the supplemental, I'd rather waste $50 than a chance of getting a seat, no matter how small that chance is. I guess benefits outweigh the risk =)

Reactions: 1 user
@stickshifthonda I know. And I'm more than ok with re-applying if it comes to that. I know chances may be slim but it's still a chance. So, I figured I would try. Even if it's extra money for the supplemental, I'd rather waste $50 than a chance of getting a seat, no matter how small that chance is. I guess benefits outweigh the risk =)
Absolutely!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected. hard to believe since I thought the interview went well. Oh well, not like I wanted to go to Erie anyway

Portal status change yesterday as well. Interviewed 3/13. 27 3.4 nontrad. Letter in 30 days. Nervously waiting, wish i had some indicator of what to expect!

Received a wait list offer today. Interviewed 3/20, portal change 3/25. Best of luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my portal status changed to decision made. Not sure when it was done. But interviewed 3/13. Hoping for some good news. I also sent an update letter idk If it would have got to them on time before the decision anyway to tell?

I interviewed almost a month ago (3/5 at Seton Hill on the snow day) and I haven't heard anything at all- my portal hasn't even changed. It says I "will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days" on the Erie one but it has said that since maybe October, before I even got the interview invite from Seton Hill. The Seton Hill one still says "congratulations you've been selected for an interview at Seton Hill. You will receive instructions by email". Not sure if I should call them about it or not. What do you all think?

I interviewed almost a month ago (3/5 at Seton Hill on the snow day) and I haven't heard anything at all- my portal hasn't even changed. It says I "will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days" on the Erie one but it has said that since maybe October, before I even got the interview invite from Seton Hill. The Seton Hill one still says "congratulations you've been selected for an interview at Seton Hill. You will receive instructions by email". Not sure if I should call them about it or not. What do you all think?

You should definitely call them. It never hurts to call and it shows you're interested in their school which is what they want to see.

The Erie message, "You will receive an official letter in the main within 10 days" is a default. I had the same thing too. You should rely on the Seton Hill portal to know when you have your decision. My portal changed at the 30 day mark exactly.
You can always call them to follow up. It doesn't hurt.

Waitlist offer today. Not sure how to feel, def better than rejection. Anyone know what to expect?

Waitlist offer today. Not sure how to feel, def better than rejection. Anyone know what to expect?
Pretty much just waiting it out unfortunately. In the past they seemed to have a great deal of movement from the list. However they said movement most likely won't occur until May which is later than past years, so at this point I think we're all just speculating until we hear something more definitive. But I'm hoping we get accepted off the list soon!

AHH. Got wait-listed :(((.. Really hope their is movement. Just sent an update letter last Friday. Hopefully hear good news in the future

LOVED LECOM, but I will be withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys! Does anyone know how I go about formally withdrawing my application? I e-mailed Ms. Shively, but I received an auto-email saying shes out of the office until April 6th.

Reactions: 2 users
LOVED LECOM, but I will be withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys! Does anyone know how I go about formally withdrawing my application? I e-mailed Ms. Shively, but I received an auto-email saying shes out of the office until April 6th.
I believe you could talk to Amy Rowe at 814-866-6641. Not sure about her email though.

Does anybody know if the class is full. Are they still sending out interview invites?

Does anybody know if the class is full. Are they still sending out interview invites?
Since the supplemental deadline was April 1, I imagine they are still sending out interview invites. Not sure how many or if they are more selective now than before, but the waitlist is real (as people have posted about it). It seems as though the class is full but remember, people DO give up seats! Lots of schools are sending out decisions now (or soon!) so there may be some movement.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! My portal changed to the "A decision has been made....30 days" message a little under a week after my interview. It's only been a few days since the portal change. Hoping the letter comes in the mail tomorrow!! I was just wondering is there any speculation on accept/reject/waitlist based on the 30 day message? Or do they send that same message to everyone? I have heard mixed things, thanks!!!

Hey everyone! My portal changed to the "A decision has been made....30 days" message a little under a week after my interview. It's only been a few days since the portal change. Hoping the letter comes in the mail tomorrow!! I was just wondering is there any speculation on accept/reject/waitlist based on the 30 day message? Or do they send that same message to everyone? I have heard mixed things, thanks!!!
To my understanding, this is the same message that everyone receives. It's just going to be the waiting game until the letter arrives. Thankfully, you should get the letter within a week! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
To my understanding, this is the same message that everyone receives. It's just going to be the waiting game until the letter arrives. Thankfully, you should get the letter within a week! Good luck!
Thank you!!!!! Ah this waiting game is rough Hahaha I'm so glad sdn exists

Thank you!!!!! Ah this waiting game is rough Hahaha I'm so glad sdn exists

Did you interview at Erie or Seton Hill? Just curious cause I interviewed a little under a week as well and I don't have a status change. Thanks!

Accepted!!!!!! PBL I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! I'm shaking!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!

Been checking my portal almost every week day. No luck with alternate movements yet? :(

Reactions: 1 users
Really that's awesome! Did it say anything about movement soon if you don't mind me asking?
It didn't say time but that there was a strong possibility Id be contacted for acceptance to the entering class. Idk if this is a generic email orrrr

It didn't say time but that there was a strong possibility Id be contacted for acceptance to the entering class. Idk if this is a generic email orrrr

Is it the one asking if you wanted to stay on the waitlist?