Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We have a fancy new link for ours just like the SH kids :) @DeejayDO wanna share?

Members don't see this ad.

My son also received an e-mail stating " There is a strong possibility that you will be contacted for acceptance to the entering class." The e-mail has two attached files:

1) A 21-page PDF file starting with "Welcome to the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine" followed by a matriculation checklist.
2) LECOM financial aid application process for 2015-2016.

What is the chance he will receive a formal admission letter?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
My son also received an e-mail stating " There is a strong possibility that you will be contacted for acceptance to the entering class." The e-mail has two attached files:

1) A 21-page PDF file starting with "Welcome to the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine" followed by a matriculation checklist.

Thanks
Wow, I've never heard of this! It seems like very good news if they sent a matriculation packet already.

Thanks
Good to see another parent on here! I have walked in your shoes.................I don't know about you but all of this has aged me 10 years! Hope your son gets good news!

Congrats on everyone's acceptances. I am taking a break from Neuro to put an FYI for the incoming class that I would highly recommend purchasing a laptop with a touchscreen (or one with a stylus) as they make life so much easier when you are able to annotate directly on your lecture power points.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know if the class is full at this point? Or are they still giving out interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on everyone acceptances. I am taking a break from Neuro to put an FYI for the incoming class that I would highly recommend purchasing a laptop with a touchscreen (or one with a stylus) as they make life so much easier when you are able to annotate directly on your lecture power points.
Looking forward to my Yoga 3! Thanks for helping me narrow down my choices haha

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks
I think for them to send an email like that, the chances are very high. The checklist includes a ton of things to do, and some can take longer (i.e. physical exam and immunization list). They might want him to get a head start because it may be due relatively soon since this acceptance would be later.

Anybody? Or at least what website helped them find a hotel?

I searched online, and ending up booking at the Ramada in Greensburg.

When you call, they offer a discounted rate for LECOM students/candidates. Just mention that you are interviewing and they have a free shuttle service to LECOM and a complimentary hot breakfast. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I searched online, and ending up booking at the Ramada in Greensburg.

When you call, they offer a discounted rate for LECOM students/candidates. Just mention that you are interviewing and they have a free shuttle service to LECOM and a complimentary hot breakfast. Good luck!
Just a heads up.... that's only for Seton Hill campus, not Erie! They are quite far apart by car, actually (2-2.5 hours)

Thanks
Hi, was he waitlisted before or received it after his interview? I also think its a really good possibility that he is accepted.

Congrats to all of you incoming LECOM students! I'm a graduating MS4 in Erie who is selling his house. It's a half a mile from LECOM (I walked on most days) and in a great neighborhood.

3 beds, 1.5 baths, fully renovated and modernized. We installed new energy-efficient windows and insulation, and all flooring has been either restored to its original beauty or replaced completely. We also have heated tile in the bathroom and brand new stainless steel appliances. I put a nice paver patio outside as well. Message me for more info!

http://idx.marshamarsh.com/idx/deta...LEGHENY-Erie-City-PA-16508-Pennsylvania-42981

Does anybody know if LECOM Erie has more interview slots open than LECOM Seton Hill. When I submitted my secondary I indicated that LECOM Erie is my only choice. and now I'm worried that I may have cut my chances for an interview.

Does anybody know if LECOM Erie has more interview slots open than LECOM Seton Hill. When I submitted my secondary I indicated that LECOM Erie is my only choice. and now I'm worried that I may have cut my chances for an interview.
I don't think it should matter, because they still allow you to rank SH when you fill out your sheet at an interview in Erie. Also, there are simply more seats available in Erie, so I don't think you hurt your chances!

For those getting emails with the matriculation checklist, did you write a letter of intent for LECOM?

I wrote one and did not receive an e-mail. It's probably questionably helpful at best.

I have an interview here on May 1st. At this point its likely that they are interviewing for wait-list spots. Any one have any insight/advice for the interview?

thanks

I have an interview here on May 1st. At this point its likely that they are interviewing for wait-list spots. Any one have any insight/advice for the interview?

thanks

Did you receive the interview invite today? I'm just curious because I'm still waiting for an ii (hopefully).

thanks
My advice would be to stay humble, go through the sdn school specific interview responses, and listen intently to the other interviewees when they are responding to questions as well! I think a little politeness can go a long way! Good luck!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone who interviewed on 3/13 still waiting for a portal update?

I interviewed 3/20, nothing yet. I'm so eager to hear back. Good luck to you!

My advice would be to stay humble, go through the sdn school specific interview responses, and listen intently to the other interviewees when they are responding to questions as well! I think a little politeness can go a long way! Good luck!!!!
This. The interview questions can be found here (http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/lecom/survey/26#survey-result) I think the interview is mainly to see how you interact with your fellow students and can empathize and relate to what they are saying. So be engaged and don't try to outshine those around you, as you may come across badly. Also don't stare out the window (they hate that). Good Luck.

The hardest decisions that I've made but I will be withdrawing my acceptance from LECOM. They were the first school to believe in my ability to be a doctor and I will forever be grateful to them for that. I really hope my spot goes to one of you! Loved the school, loved the staff and admin. and loved the people on this site. Good luck to the incoming class of 2019!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know if the class is full, or are they still accepting people?

Is anyone who interviewed on 3/13 still waiting for a portal update?

I interviewed 3/13 , and my portal changed to "decision made" Monday or Tuesday. Strangely, it says that I'll get my Erie decision within 10 days, but 30 days for Seton Hill.

I interviewed 3/13 , and my portal changed to "decision made" Monday or Tuesday. Strangely, it says that I'll get my Erie decision within 10 days, but 30 days for Seton Hill.
Congrats on your SH decision!

Just withdrew my acceptance from here as well - hope to pass the savings onto one of you!

Just withdrew my acceptance from here as well - hope to pass the savings onto one of you!
Hard thing for me to make. I had a great experience at Erie! Met good people. The only consolation about this whole process is knowing that perhaps you made another hopeful happy. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 2/20. I got accepted a couple weeks ago, but I will be attending ACOM. LECOM wasn't for me. I'm sure my spot will go to someone else who really wants it.

For those curious about stats:
MCAT 12- PS 9- BS 7-Verbal = 28
3.75 cGPA
3.7 sGPA

My status is now "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." Doesn't sound optimistic......

My status is now "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." Doesn't sound optimistic......

Says that for everyone until decision is made

Congrats to all of you guys getting accepted at higher ranked choices, but all these withdrawals without any waitlist movement sucks!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey All - Question for anyone who knows:

I submitted my primary a few months ago and my status read: "Your file is under review." Earlier this week when I checked the status of my application, it is now changed to: "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." What does this change mean? Did they review my app? Am I next in line to be reviewed for a possible interview? Or am I just reading too much into this? Thx

Any movement on the waitlist so far, when is the usual time in the cycle you see movement on the waitlist ?

Any movement on the waitlist so far, when is the usual time in the cycle you see movement on the waitlist ?

It was actually in March the previous years. Maybe this year is significantly more competative, but it's almost May.. Not sure why there hasn't been movement, unless the SDN students aren't the lucky ones. :(

Interviewed here about a week ago at the SH campus, so I'm assuming it'll be a while before I hear back (sounds like they're a little backed up). I found the group interview a little more stressful than the normal style, only because my group had a few people that were really aggressive trying to be the first and last to speak for every question.

If you just relax and try to engage with each student (in addition to the interviewers) and play off their answers you should be fine. I have a feeling the overly aggressive and braggy people aren't what they're looking for

Has anyone been able to get through to admission, I have called couple of times and it goes straight to voicemail for Lisa. I also wrote a couple of email to admission with no reply.