Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just withdrew my application from the waitlist so that it will make it easier for someone else to get in. I know how difficult it is to make it into med schools these days, hang in there, and good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys!
So I interviewed early february and have been on waitlist. Just a quick question, I interview on Erie campus and doesn't that interview also count for interviewing at Seton Hill too? When it came to numbering priorities, I had the option to pick which modality and which campus. Everyone had that right? Just wanted to make sure!
Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
So is the class full? Cause I haven't gotten a response back.

I interviewed in March at Seton, placed Erie as 1, and I haven't gotten a decision. I called Erie Admissions, was told I should hear back soon...that if I was to be rejected, they would have already notified me. Anyone else in this situation?

Just got into DSP from May 1st interview. :) Hope my fellow interviewees are getting some good news as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Possibly cause I interviewed at seton, and they didn't look at my file yet? Which I don't believe so much cause it's past 30 days. But then again it's likely.
That doesn't really make sense as all decisions are mailed regardless of waitlist vs. acceptance vs. rejection. Maybe she meant they're continuously reviewing your file I suppose.

Hey current students and other knowledgable folks! So I was all set to go to another DO school until I got an acceptance to the DSP program. I just have a couple more questions about the program and the school if any of you wouldn't mind answering.

What materials do you DSP folks have to study the "modules"?
Are the materials mostly textbooks are do you get PPT slides, audio recordings (lecture or podcast), and/or other materials?
Is the DSP curriculum systems based or traditional?
How are the clinicals in 3rd and 4th year (I've heard you aren't really able to do audition rotations in 4th year)?

General thoughts on the school and why it is the best one to go to are warmly welcomed. :)

Thanks so much!

Hello everyone,
So I am also on the waitlist. I sent a letter of intent (which I never got a confirmation they got it) with my thank you notes to my interviewers. I also sent an update email a couple of weeks ago and had my pre-health advisor send a update letter on how she has seen me grow throughout the past year. I also got a recommendation letter from a patient a couple weeks back (which I didn't know if I could send them). I was wondering if anyone had some advice on whether or not to keep in contact with them or just let it be for now. I don't want to sound annoying to admissions but also if I do not get in here I will have to take 2 years off, do a masters, restudy for the mcat and reapply all over again (which as everyone knows is no fun) any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed May 1st but my status hasn't changed from the thank you message yet, any speculation on what this might mean? If it was a rejection wouldn't I have gotten the letter/portal change outright? Also does anyone know how contacting admissions may help/sending update letters?

Interviewed May 1st but my status hasn't changed from the thank you message yet, any speculation on what this might mean? If it was a rejection wouldn't I have gotten the letter/portal change outright? Also does anyone know how contacting admissions may help/sending update letters?
I interviewed mid April at Seton Hill and my "Seton Hill" tab still hasn't changed from the interview message, but Eerie changed to "decision made and letter within 10 days"; but when I emailed and asked, the lady said there was no update to my file.. The portal doesn't seem very reliable haha. Also, judging from my own experience and others on the discussion board, it doesn't sound like they respond to update letters. But it can't hurt to send them. Good Luck!

Anyone with similar stats have any good news? 3.47 cgpa 3.17 sgpa 25 mcat URM. I really enjoyed my interview and loved the Erie atmosphere.. waiting is so difficult! !

Can anyone tell me where the "13" sites are? I posted in the "clinical rotations" subforum, but it seems to be gathering dust there.

I interviewed mid April at Seton Hill and my "Seton Hill" tab still hasn't changed from the interview message, but Eerie changed to "decision made and letter within 10 days"; but when I emailed and asked, the lady said there was no update to my file.. The portal doesn't seem very reliable haha. Also, judging from my own experience and others on the discussion board, it doesn't sound like they respond to update letters. But it can't hurt to send them. Good Luck!

Ok so when I called , I was told that some of us are in this situation where a decision hasn't been made....though I don't know if this is cause I interviewed at Seton and they havent looked at my file yet or they have looked and waiting for a spot to open up. And I was also told that if they didn't think I was competitive they would've already rejected me.

Last edited:

Since you interviewed at Seton Hill, you should rely on that portal change with the most updated info. I also interviewed at Seton Hill, but my Erie status always said, "decision made and letter within 10 days". It was only when my Seton Hill portal change did I receive the letter shortly after. Good luck!

I've been wait listed since December.. Anyone else been waiting this long?

Waitlisted in September! I win lol

Reactions: 2 users
You guys should all withdraw ;)
I think you should not throw in the towel and withdraw. I am thinking the above is making a joke! People have been called the day before class started. It is not over until it is over! And if you have to do it all over again, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again if you truly want to be a doctor!

Reactions: 1 user
Still waitlisted here as well. Just wondering are you guys applying again for second cycle as I am?

Waitlister here- I just received the "there is a strong possibility that you will be contacted for acceptance" email. Anyone else? Has anyone that has gotten this email actually received an acceptance yet?

Waitlister here- I just received the "there is a strong possibility that you will be contacted for acceptance" email. Anyone else? Has anyone that has gotten this email actually received an acceptance yet?
That's awesome!!!

I saw this exact same thing somewhere on another site! It was actually from a parent asking questions about this message because their son/daughter received the same wording in an email. Check other years for LECOM. If my memory serves me correctly, they got accepted but had a very short time to get deposit in. Get your money ready!

Reactions: 1 users
I saw this exact same thing somewhere on another site! It was actually from a parent asking questions about this message because their son/daughter received the same wording in an email. Check other years for LECOM. If my memory serves me correctly, they got accepted but had a very short time to get deposit in. Get your money ready!
I'll check some past years. Thanks for the suggestion!

Congrats! I am like 80% sure that another person on here got that email while on the waitlist and then got an acceptance

Hey folks. :) Just thought I'd let you all know another spot will be opening up. It was a tough decision but I decided to give up my acceptance here. Hope one of you guys gets it!

Hey folks. :) Just thought I'd let you all know another spot will be opening up. It was a tough decision but I decided to give up my acceptance here. Hope one of you guys gets it!
Best of luck to you!

I didn't get an email like this....should i be worried??

Withdrew my spot today, so that I could stay closer to my family. Good luck to those still waiting!

Any May 1st or May 8th interviewees have a portal status change? May 1st interviewee still waiting for a portal change

Is it just me or do you guys feel like there has been little to no waitlist movement...in any school?

When I checked my portal today, it said "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." I had received the "strong possibility" email early last month. Hoping to hear good news!

Can anyone tell me where the "13" sites are? I posted in the "clinical rotations" subforum, but it seems to be gathering dust there.

Basically all of our sites are "13s" now-- Clin Ed has basically gotten rid of the "Areas" system. The list changes a bit every year so I don't want to provide it and give you wrong info, but there's sites available throughout Pennsylvania (including Erie), Ohio, upstate New York, and a few others.

Just received my acceptance off of the waitlist for Erie LDP! So excited! Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 8 users
so my status now reads the 30 day message from Erie but under Seton it reads under review...what is happening? Also, a decision was never made for my app for 2 mths..interviewed at Seton but placed Erie as my first choice

Last edited: