Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
status change as well today.. here's to having some peace of mind, fingers crossed for everyone

Members don't see this ad.

May 8 intervieweee here still, recieved letter for alternate list a week or so after that... Still no news since...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my acceptance off of the waitlist for Erie LDP! So excited! Good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats! Hope i get my LDP acceptance soon aswell! Mind sharing ur interview and waitlist dates? stats would be nice aswell!! Perhaps u can give us some hope

Congrats! Hope i get my LDP acceptance soon aswell! Mind sharing ur interview and waitlist dates? stats would be nice aswell!! Perhaps u can give us some hope
Interviewed 1/16 and received my waitlist letter on 1/29

Did anyone switch from Seton to Erie, and get accepted?

Just received my acceptance off of the waitlist for Erie LDP! So excited! Good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats! I had gotten the same strong possibility email early last week; did you see a change in your portal before receiving the acceptance or all through mail?

Congrats! I had gotten the same strong possibility email early last week; did you see a change in your portal before receiving the acceptance or all through mail?
I received the email last Tuesday, had a change in my portal 2 days later (Thursday), and the official letter arrived on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user
I've had two other schools tell me this has been the most competitive year in history. Most likely due to the MCAT changes. So probably this year and the next 1-2 cycles will be the most competitive before there's a drop since the economy (kind of) recovered. LECOM also said that it's abnormal they haven't had much movement. So I doubt I'll be hearing good news from here.

Not to mention, as above, some interviewees still haven't even heard back. They could just accept them before us haha.

Why would it be more competitive due to the MCAT changes?

Just from the previous posts, it seems to be up to a month. Mine was 1.5 weeks.
In some cases, updating the portal post-interview takes more than a month. It took 3 months for mine...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted off the waitlist!!!!! Got my letter yesterday!

Reactions: 4 users
Did you also get the email saying strong chance of acceptance?
Yes I did! A month or so back. I'm actually going to be giving up my spot, though. So I hope it goes to someone else on the waitlist.

I got into PBL at Erie.

I picked LDP-Erie as 1st choice and PBL-Seton hill as 2nd, do you think I have a better chance if i changed it or flipped it and put seton hill as 1st??
I'm an international student and have everything riding on this acceptance of waitlist, I don't want to move back to canada after living in the US for 10 years.

I picked LDP-Erie as 1st choice and PBL-Seton hill as 2nd, do you think I have a better chance if i changed it or flipped it and put seton hill as 1st??
I'm an international student and have everything riding on this acceptance of waitlist, I don't want to move back to canada after living in the US for 10 years.

Pathway preference should not matter. They simply decide whether to admit or not admit someone. Once the admit decision is made your preferences will be considered if there are multiple openings.

So I haven't received this 'strong chance of acceptance" email, does that mean I'm doomed??

Just withdrew my application from here so hopefully the spot goes to one of you guys!

Can any current student tell me if Macbooks are okay? Previous posts suggested macbooks were fine. I have a macbook but while doing the orientation on the portal, the presentation from the IT department stated MACs are not supported.

Can any current student tell me if Macbooks are okay? Previous posts suggested macbooks were fine. I have a macbook but while doing the orientation on the portal, the presentation from the IT department stated MACs are not supported.

MacBooks are fine. Plenty of people use them here despite the "official" policy.

Current students say that Macs work fine for everything and IT even is willing to help troubleshoot with them. LECOM told me that Mac wasn't supported because there isn't an Apple Store in Erie in case the computer breaks- you'd have to go to Pittsburgh or Cleveland or Buffalo it seems. I'm a Mac user, but actually switched to PC since I wanted a touchscreen laptop for classes!

So I'm going to be in the Michigan area this week and was wondering if I should make a trip to Erie, PA and make Lisa or someone on the admission a visit? I don't know if that's a good decision because I don't want to seem too excessive and annoy them. I have compiled this folder for LECOM that I want them to see so should I just
- Show up at LECOM and drop the folder and show that I'm really interested?
- Make an appointment with someone but don't know how to because they don't really offer appointments.

So I'm going to be in the Michigan area this week and was wondering if I should make a trip to Erie, PA and make Lisa or someone on the admission a visit? I don't know if that's a good decision because I don't want to seem too excessive and annoy them. I have compiled this folder for LECOM that I want them to see so should I just
- Make an appointment with someone but don't know how to because they don't really offer appointments.

you would definitely need an appointment if you wanted to do this.....but i would suggest just calling to talk to them about your updates then following up with an email. security probably won't even let you in past the front door if you don't have an appointment.

Accepted to Seton Hill PBL (interviewed March 5th, was not placed on the waitlist first) but I've chosen another school. I hope the spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew from Erie, hope my spot goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Were you in LDP? Also I read somewhere about students receiving an email saying they're next to be taken off the waitlist...any recent acceptances get something like that?
I received the email saying that there was a strong possibility I'd be accepted off of the alternate list and it included the matriculation forms in order to start getting ready just in case. My portal changed Monday, but still no letter...

I received the email saying that there was a strong possibility I'd be accepted off of the alternate list and it included the matriculation forms in order to start getting ready just in case. My portal changed Monday, but still no letter...
Any word yet?? Also, what state are you in? Trying to gauge why it would take so long..

Last edited:
Any word yet?? Also, what state are you in? Trying to gauge why it would take so long..
Yep! Officially got my letter to LDP Erie on Friday (6/26), my portal had changed on 6/22. I'm in PA

Yep! Officially got my letter to LDP Erie on Friday (6/26), my portal had changed on 6/22. I'm in PA
Congrats!! My portal just changed today and I got the same email..hopefully a good news letter comes in soon.

Still praying to get in here . All these people getting accepted and these letters I feel like the class is filling up. Pretty discouraging

I just received a call asking if I wanted to remain on the waitlist -- but I didn't receive any letters or e-mails :/. Probably just means there is movement happening in general and they are trying to weed out those who have accepted other options.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance letter without/before their portal changing?

I got a call asking if I should remain on the waiting list however I couldn't answer it so I have been told to email Amy. But here is my problem, it's already the beginning of July and I am still on the waitlist for LECOM. Fearing that I won't get accepted, I am already halfway through my plan B of reapplying for the next cycle. I submitted my primary application again and 2 secondaries and I am planning to take the MCAT again in 15 days. I added LECOM to the list of schools in the primary app. However, now with the phone call I am not sure what to do. Should I completely ditch my plan B and wait for an acceptance from LECOM this cycle or wait a year and see what other options I might have. Good luck to everyone that's on the waitlist.

I got a call asking if I should remain on the waiting list however I couldn't answer it so I have been told to email Amy. But here is my problem, it's already the beginning of July and I am still on the waitlist for LECOM. Fearing that I won't get accepted, I am already halfway through my plan B of reapplying for the next cycle. I submitted my primary application again and 2 secondaries and I am planning to take the MCAT again in 15 days. I added LECOM to the list of schools in the primary app. However, now with the phone call I am not sure what to do. Should I completely ditch my plan B and wait for an acceptance from LECOM this cycle or wait a year and see what other options I might have. Good luck to everyone that's on the waitlist.
Was it a call asking if you should remain on the wait list or did it say anything about you being taken off of the wait list next?

Was it a call asking if you should remain on the wait list or did it say anything about you being taken off of the wait list next?
No, the person just said "If you like to remain on the waitlist, email Amy Rowe and tell her you are still interested in remaining on the list". I think these are preliminary calls they are making because there is going to be a lot of movement in the list soon.

No, the person just said "If you like to remain on the waitlist, email Amy Rowe and tell her you are still interested in remaining on the list". I think these are preliminary calls they are making because there is going to be a lot of movement in the list soon.
If that's the case (orientation is July 24th so I'm not sure when movement stops), I'd continue with this next cycle while keeping LECOM on your radar. Without more of an assurance of an acceptance, it's too risky to just "ditch" your plan B. But I don't think you should give up on LECOM either, if you want to go there. Do everything you can to contact them and let them know you're still interested.

If that's the case (orientation is July 24th so I'm not sure when movement stops), I'd continue with this next cycle while keeping LECOM on your radar. Without more of an assurance of an acceptance, it's too risky to just "ditch" your plan B. But I don't think you should give up on LECOM either, if you want to go there. Do everything you can to contact them and let them know you're still interested.
I am in the same position and this is the exact approach I am taking. I wouldn't "hit the brakes" on the next cycle because being a late applicant puts you very behind (which is why I'm in this position now). I didn't apply until December last cycle and it was a killer.

Yeah guys same boat here. Just treat the next cycle as if it's your first. Giving up now on lecom would be pointless. Yes we're spending money applying again but we will miss 100% of the shots we don't take at this. I know for sure that i don't want to live in the "shoulda woulda coulda..."

I got an email saying I'm the next to be taken off the wait list last week (ironically the same day I signed the lease for my apartment near the only school I got into)...still nothing. Is it letter only acceptances all the way till classes start? The extra couple days notice by a phone call/email would be real nice in terms of finding an apartment and moving in.

Also for anyone who is waiting to hear back and hasn't gotten in anywhere else, definitely continue with your plans to apply the next cycle because the couple thousand you spend (or time spent cramming for the MCAT) are worth risking over not getting in to LECOM and then having to wait a whole year to apply again. Just don't give up hope for this cycle until classes start!

Last edited:
This is suppper random but does anyone know of any community colleges near LECOM-PA lake erie, for my husband lol incase I do the post bacc

This is suppper random but does anyone know of any community colleges near LECOM-PA lake erie, for my husband lol incase I do the post bacc

I don't know about community colleges in particular, but Edinboro, Gannon, Penn State-Behrend, and Mercyhurst universities are a few that are in the area.