Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@bdh2828

When did you submit your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure this is a really stupid statement but from the looks of it, they are going in order of when you were complete (for the most part). You submitted your secondary on the 12th, were probably completed somewhere around then. I submitted Eerie's secondary on the 13th and was completed on the 14th, so sit tight people!

July 12th
So I guess it takes roughly 2 weeks to process and either reject or II! So everyone who submitted their secondary on 7/25, hopefully we will hear something by August 10th OR 15th, at the latest!

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received today! AACOMAS verified on 7/10.

The screening process must be intense here. I'm fine with it if it increases our chances of getting an interview though. :)

II!!!! Scheduled for the Erie campus. So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
question guys, I looked at my LECOM admissions tab, and for Eerie specifically, even though I submitted the application, it still says that it's in progress. Anybody else have this happen to them?

Mine is the same way. But when I check the status of my app it says under review.

@golfman7

When did you receive the interview invite by email, by this I mean time of day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys receive a complete email? The last email I got was on 7/7 saying that my secondary was processed. Submitted secondary on 7/6.

Did you guys receive a complete email? The last email I got was on 7/7 saying that my secondary was processed. Submitted secondary on 7/6.

That's the last email I received prior to the II email.

Have they formally rejected people yet?

I guess I have been silently rejected at both campuses. My app was completed 7/7 and its still "under review".

Hello!

Just curious, which hotel are you guys staying at? Is there any student-hosting program in place? Thank you.

I guess I have been silently rejected at both campuses. My app was completed 7/7 and its still "under review".
same here, I was completed 7/13 and haven't heard a word. Sad sad sad.

Hello!

Just curious, which hotel are you guys staying at? Is there any student-hosting program in place? Thank you.

Comfort inn about 10 min from SH.

Reactions: 1 users
I still haven't received the email about interview scheduling. I called them twice today. I was told that there has been issues at the IT, because people are too busy with the new student orientation. :(

same here, I was completed 7/13 and haven't heard a word. Sad sad sad.
Guys just because it's still under review and no ii yet does not mean silent rejection...it's still July. I went through this last cycle..

Comfort inn about 10 min from SH.

Hilton garden inn... looks quite nice.

Marsh, Oliver, or anyone else staying at a hotel from Aug 2-3 for a Monday interview? If we share a hotel room, we can split the cost of the hotel!

Alternatively, I have booked a 2 Double Bed Room at the Ramada for Aug 2-3 (free cancellation, which is why I'm trying to find an affordable alternative) and if I split it with someone, it would be less than $60 per person. The Ramada has a shuttle that can drive you to Seton Hill, which is nice.

Well my status went from "we received your supplemental... the review process will start...." to a status of "under review" so I guess that's progress! haha

My portal changed to schedule an ii, but no email. I hope this isn't a mistake!

I finally got the II email! :D It shows they haven't received my letters of recommendations yet. All my letters were attached to my primary application though. Is anyone else having the issue?

Best of luck to all of you interviewing this Monday! Let us know how it goes! ;)

Still "under review", I submitted my secondary 7/13 and I have a 3.4 cGPA, 3.21 sGPA, 33 MCAT (9PS/10VR/14BS)... I think I should be able to get an interview here... right?

@bshap000

My stats are cGPA: 3.64, sGPA: 3.68, and MCAT:30, and I haven't heard anything back yet either. I don't know why. I guess we will have to wait it out as there is no guarantee.

Does anyone know what format the interview will be? And do they tell us who the interviewers are?

I haven't gotten any info on who will be interviewing us and from everything I see it's still group interview for Erie/SH.

Marsh, Oliver, or anyone else staying at a hotel from Aug 2-3 for a Monday interview? If we share a hotel room, we can split the cost of the hotel!

Alternatively, I have booked a 2 Double Bed Room at the Ramada for Aug 2-3 (free cancellation, which is why I'm trying to find an affordable alternative) and if I split it with someone, it would be less than $60 per person. The Ramada has a shuttle that can drive you to Seton Hill, which is nice.

I'm interviewing tomorrow, sorry!

Has anyone who already interviewed received a decision yet?

Just pulled into Erie. So pumped for tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who already interviewed received a decision yet?
No. You choose when to be notified. It's complicated, but you can be told in October or November. PM if you want details. I believe it is also written earlier in the thread.

Can anyone who already interviewed post some questions they asked?

Does LECOM say how many students are in each of the 5 pathways? The CIB says the total first year enrollment is 387 but thats it.

Edit: Found this from 2010-2011. Most students are in the lecture pathway.
It varies, the most are in LDP (~200 or so), the remaining are split between ISP & PBL (~50 or so). The numbers for ISP are more dynamic than PBL due to the restraints of small group meetings for PBL (only have a certain number of PBL 'facilitators' which are the group leaders).

What is ISP?
Independent Study Pathway. LECOM renamed it the Directed Study Pathway (DSP). Here is the link: http://lecom.edu/academics/the-college-of-medicine/directed-study-pathway/

The Directed Study Pathway (DSP, originally Independent Study) is a unique program for medical education. It is initiated with significant daily classroom time early in the first semester and allows adult learners, who are capable of learning with minimal classroom time, to gradually decrease his or her lecture attendance and utilize specific “directed study” modules to finish his or her first two years of medical school. The pathway requires the student to have well-developed organizational and time-management skills in order to complete the rigorous requirements in an independent manner.

It sounds like a mix between PBL and lecture. Maybe one of the LECOM students here can give us insight.

II! Now I'm nervous. For those that interviewed,hHow did you guy prepare and do you bring anything with you to the interview?

Also are we allowed to submit more then two letters?