Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the same boat as well..... Secondary processed on 7/27 but still no love from Lecom :(

My secondary was processed on 7/21 and I haven't heard anything either. I'm right there with you! lol

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that the voice over guy in this narrates all lectures at the school. The synchronized microscope look up at 00:08 seconds is amazing.

Reactions: 5 users
There is so much banter about the dress code but I have yet to see anyone explain what it actually is. Do you mind elaborating on what you are required to wear?

"Professional attire."
For men, this is relatively straightforward-- slacks (khakis are okay) with a collared shirt and tie.
For women, it's a bit more complicated, but still "professional attire"-- think slacks, blouses, skirts, etc. Nylons, no bare legs. No sandals. I'll admit we get away with more than the guys do.

For full disclosure, I'm at Seton Hill, where I hear we're a little more lenient than up north.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone speak on ISP or PCSP? Most of the discussion has been about LDP and PBL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I hope that the voice over guy in this narrates all lectures at the school. The synchronized microscope look up at 00:08 seconds is amazing.

Yeah you're right that's a really awesome video

"Professional attire."
For men, this is relatively straightforward-- slacks (khakis are okay) with a collared shirt and tie.
For women, it's a bit more complicated, but still "professional attire"-- think slacks, blouses, skirts, etc. Nylons, no bare legs. No sandals. I'll admit we get away with more than the guys do.

For full disclosure, I'm at Seton Hill, where I hear we're a little more lenient than up north.

This is essential the same thing I was going to say. :clap:

Been under review at Erie and at Bradenton for close to a month I think, not sure what's up with that.

Also, to those who ranked Seton Hill above Erie on the secondary, is there anywhere on the application portal that lists Seton Hill? I can only view my admissions status for Erie and Bradenton, there is no Seton Hill choice, is that normal?
I'm about to hit 3 weeks now as well. Under review in both schools...idk whats up, I guess no news is good news ???

I am supposed to be interviewing on September 4th, but am withdrawing. I hope one of you get my spot!!

Need to look back for exact date but mid to late July sounds right.

Interviewed at LECOM Erie today. It was an awesome experience. The staff and faculty were helpful, polite, and super professional. They really put out an effort to make us interviewees comfortable. After seeing the campus and talking with faculty, I really question some of what's been said on this site.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at LECOM Erie today. It was an awesome experience. The staff and faculty were helpful, polite, and super professional. They really put out an effort to make us interviewees comfortable. After seeing the campus and talking with faculty, I really question some of what's been said on this site.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
If you were there when a bunch of us MS1s finished our first anatomy practical exam, sorry... Glad you liked the school!

Still not even a secondary, am I alone?

edit: not even a primary received notice.
I called (left message) and emailed to no avail. Will try calling again soon...

Still not even a secondary, am I alone?

edit: not even a primary received notice.
I called (left message) and emailed to no avail. Will try calling again soon...
Shoot Amy Rowe an email, she's the best contact at this point for you.

For those that got interviews already, were you able to choose your interviews or they picked a date for you? also, did you take any further action in uploading letters like resubmitting tailored for LECOM or just use Interfolio/Aacomas?

For those that got interviews already, were you able to choose your interviews or they picked a date for you? also, did you take any further action in uploading letters like resubmitting tailored for LECOM or just use Interfolio/Aacomas?
They give you several dates to choose from on the portal. Personally, I did not submit any new letters, just what I had originally submitted to AACOMAS.

They give you several dates to choose from on the portal. Personally, I did not submit any new letters, just what I had originally submitted to AACOMAS.
How did you submit from AACOMAS to LECOM specifically, did you just leave whatever was uploaded?

How did you submit from AACOMAS to LECOM specifically, did you just leave whatever was uploaded?
The schools can download the LOR's from AACOMAS with your application. You cannot pick and choose which letters LECOM will see though.

I don't really think lecom expects personalize lor's, would they? I mean if you have em all the better, but getting lor writers is tough enough as is.

I'm about to hit 3 weeks now as well. Under review in both schools...idk whats up, I guess no news is good news ???
I'll be at three weeks tomorrow, I think. Under review at Erie and Bradenton hasn't even processed my secondary yet. 3.6+c/3.7+s/510

Hey guys, is the curriculum at Brandenton all PBL? What's the diff between Eerie and Brandenton campuses?

Hey guys, is the curriculum at Brandenton all PBL? What's the diff between Eerie and Brandenton campuses?
Yep Bradenton is all PBL. Erie gives you the option to rank the different pathways. You will get accepted into the pathway you ranked highest based on how many seats they have left in that pathway. I believe Bradenton also has slightly less tuition for Florida residents.

Hey guys! I'll be starting at lecom at seton hill in a few weeks here and I know I used SDN to help me thru the process last cycle while I was applying and interviewing so I thought I'd offer help to anyone who asks! Feel free to pm me questions if you have them. I don't know as much as people who will be OMSII's but I'll help where I can. Good luck to everyone applying!

I am interviewing on September 1st. I was wondering if you could give some insight on the interview such as questions and format? I am really nervous! Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

They have a minimum? if you don't mind, what is it?

Based on the following LECOM link, you will need to be atleast in the 50th percentile:
http://lecom.edu/admissions/entranc...f-osteopathic-medicine-entrance-requirements/

What is the 50th percentile, you may ask? Based on the following AAMC link, to be in the 50th percentile you would need to score atleast a 500 on the new MCAT:
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/434504/data/percentilenewmcat.pdf

I hope this helps.

I am interviewing on September 1st. I was wondering if you could give some insight on the interview such as questions and format? I am really nervous! Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Congratulations. The interviews tend to be in a group format. If I recall correctly, we were asked a question and each student was given a chance to respond.

Again, be yourself and be mindful of others. I think they are just looking how you interact with a group.

Regarding specific questions, I think there is a link on SDN with possible questions, or questions asked in previous years.

Kind Regards,

Congrats on the II!

Thanks! Super pumped, it's high-quality but still affordable. Possibly the best do school with that combination, but certainly a good one at the least.

Do LECOM Erie offer overnight hosts for interviews?

I've been "under review" on my admissions status since early July. Has anyone had any status change here that applied that early (aside from those interviewed of course)? I was considering reaching out to admissions for a status update on my application, but I'm not sure how well received that would be...

I interview 3.5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since...my letters are still appearing as X's, but they said they'd download them from AACOMAS. This whole process is just taking fo'eva.

I interview 3.5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since...my letters are still appearing as X's, but they said they'd download them from AACOMAS. This whole process is just taking fo'eva.

The earliest LECOM will give out acceptances is 10/1.

Source: Interview Day

hmmm....our day said "within 30 days of interview". I guess if none are going out till Oct it's better for us....just feelin impatient.

I apologize in advance for taking so long to respond, I've been terribly busy. For future reference anyone who has specific questions please dont be afraid to PM me as I have the SDN app and I get notifications about messages and i can respond faster that way.
it's a very laid-back interview. you'll start the day with a tour of the facilities and a little presentation about who they are and what they do and their board scores and residency placements and some Osteopathic medicine presentation, etc. Then you'll have your interview. your interview will be with 6 to 8 people and two faculty members and it's very laid-back they really just want to get to know you so they'll ask you some questions like why medicine, what are your plans for a doing well here, what did you do in undergrad, what do you do for fun, what did you do to prepare yourself for med school, if you're not in school right now what are you doing in your gap year or years and some extracurricular experiences and then they ask you the general run of the mill questions how do you deal with confrontation, name a bad situation and how u handled it and what you got out of it, name some of your strengths/weaknesses. They will take you into a room and sit you thru a fake PBL session which I thought was cool and interesting. personally I chose the PBL pathway because I like the freedom allows me so instead of sitting in lecture forever I read on my own and if I have questions I can then go see your professor otherwise I'm sure you can find lectures online of every subject that you look for. Good luck to all and let me know if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me! I interviewed at LECOM Seton Hill and Bradenton FYI.
My Undergrad stats were
3.76 cum GPA, 3.7 sGPA
MCAT 26 (9/9/8) (old MCAT)
EC included tutoring iraqi refugees, hospital volunteer in UCSD's Cardiovascular ICU and tutoring genetics, as well as many jobs.
Also for those of you with late interviews- I interviewed march 30th 2015 and got accepted may 10th of 2015 and had two months to get ready for school. so dont ever lose hope!!

Reactions: 3 users
hmmm....our day said "within 30 days of interview". I guess if none are going out till Oct it's better for us....just feelin impatient.
Within 30 days usually, unless you're very early in which case they wait to decide until around October. I interviewed the first week of August and even though I chose early notification, I didn't know until nearly October 1. Breathe, relax, and enjoy life because if you get in, your whole life changes to prep mode!

Ok, so I get that you have 30 days after the interview until you receive an acceptance/denial. My question is, how much time after your acceptance do you have until they need an answer from you? The conflict I see here is a school needing to hear back before you have time to interview at other schools.

I know people usually post about these things so I thought ok why not ^.^

II yesterday =D I set the date for Sept 15th it was the earliest they had. After that Oct 2
Just for people wondering my secondary was submitted 8/5 and i got a text 8/6 saying it was under review and the invite on the 26th

Any advice from people that are students there or people that have already interviewed?
Have they said how long they will take to get back to you on a decision?
Super excited =D

Ok, so I get that you have 30 days after the interview until you receive an acceptance/denial. My question is, how much time after your acceptance do you have until they need an answer from you? The conflict I see here is a school needing to hear back before you have time to interview at other schools.

30days

I thought they said early decision in October otherwise earliest would be like Nov 15?