Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been complete since Aug 6-Erie and Sept 3 - Bradenton, haven't received any updates. Waiting is the hardest part of this application process.

Members don't see this ad.

My status on portal has changed. Will receive mail in 30 days it says.
Secondary submitted 7/15
II 8/5
Interviewed 9/11

Hope this will give an idea to people who are anxious.. I did not receive a text message of this status update though. Just checked on portal this morning.

Same here ^^^ portal changed to decision made, letter within 30 days. "Secondary processed" email received 7/28. Interview offered 8/13, scheduled right away for 9/18. (had back to back interviews the 17th and 18th with two schools...lots of driving!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in september and my portal went from Thank You for interviewing to "your application is under review?" Does this mean a rejection?

Same here ^^^ portal changed to decision made, letter within 30 days. "Secondary processed" email received 7/28. Interview offered 8/13, scheduled right away for 9/18. (had back to back interviews the 17th and 18th with two schools...lots of driving!)
My status on portal has changed. Will receive mail in 30 days it says.
Secondary submitted 7/15
II 8/5
Interviewed 9/11

Hope this will give an idea to people who are anxious.. I did not receive a text message of this status update though. Just checked on portal this morning.

Are you guys Erie interviewers?

My portal status changed from "Thank you for interviewing" to "Your Application is under review" this morning. Anyone else change to this status?
This just happened to me today, I honestly don't know if this means a rejection or not because not a lot of people say they go from a a thank you to review

This just happened to me today, I honestly don't know if this means a rejection or not because not a lot of people say they go from a a thank you to review
I am also nervous. My status has been "Application Under Review" for 3 days now. Hopefully it will change to the decision has been made email soon

I interviewed in september and my portal went from Thank You for interviewing to "your application is under review?" Does this mean a rejection?

I believe it can mean wait listed? Which is still better than a rejection considering its this early. I, on the other hand, can get a rejection since I didn't answer so well on my interview question.

Are you guys Erie interviewers?

I interviewed for Erie, yes.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha mine still says , "congrats you've been selected for an interview".

Interviewed SH 8/3. Thats what it says on the portal. Congrats you've been.... a few more days can't kill me. (Also not sure if Roger was asking me lol).

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed SH 8/3. Thats what it says on the portal. Congrats you've been.... a few more days can't kill me.
I interviewed erie, im wondering those who interviewed after september 18th and what their portal looks like

I believe it can mean wait listed? Which is still better than a rejection considering its this early. I, on the other hand, can get a rejection since I didn't answer so well on my interview question.

I interviewed for Erie, yes.
How do you know about the waitlist thing?

How do you know about the waitlist thing?

From the last cycle's thread where one person got that message after interview and found out he/she was wait listed. Don't take my word for it though, because I only saw it with one person. I'm sure other in the past can chime in. My status went straight from thank you for interviewing to a decision has been made.

My portal just changed to say a decision has been made! @MarshMedic You should check yours! It's probably updated now too!

Ahhhhhhh my portal changed as well (no text message though) and I also interviewed 9/11 in Erie.

Whatever happens good luck to everyone!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Ahhhhhhh my portal changed as well (no text message though) and I also interviewed 9/11 in Erie.

Whatever happens good luck to everyone!!!!!
I interviewed after you, but did your portal go from thank you to interviewing to decision, or did it go from your app is under review to decision?

Portal chnage! Decision has been made.

Portal changed!! I interviewed at SH. Do you guys know how long it takes for us to get the letter after the status change?

I wish they could tell us on the portal what the decision is haha. I have more interviews coming up so I'm trying to decide whether I should book flights.

I wish they could tell us on the portal what the decision is haha. I have more interviews coming up so I'm trying to decide whether I should book flights.

Truth...I'll likely be driving to one by time the letter arrives at home.

It also doesnt help that our postman has been wildly erratic lol. This thread is going to blow up when letters finally arrive.

Based on last year's thread, it looks like if your portal changes to "Application Under Review" after an interview it means a rejection letter is in the mail. I genuinely hope this is not true for this year. I was really impressed with LECOM and would be very happy to attend

Everybody relax. No one received an email or text message when their status changed. The only time an email and text were sent were for interview invites. I interviewed in July, and my status changed yesterday to a decision has been made and official letter will be mailed within 30 days. They most likely mail the letters as they make their decisions, so 1-3 business days per USPS First Class mail turnaround time (depending on where you are located in relation to the campus) - West coast folks will wait longer than East coast folks. Everyone is looking too much into the status changes. They are people (just like you and I) and the admissions process is not a perfect science. Things will happen that are out of the ordinary, and they do not necessarily mean someone is accepted or rejected. You made it this far, and its just a little bit more of waiting. Hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed after you, but did your portal go from thank you to interviewing to decision, or did it go from your app is under review to decision?
It went from thank you for interviewing to a decision has been made.

Everybody relax. No one received an email or text message when their status changed. The only time an email and text were sent were for interview invites. I interviewed in July, and my status changed yesterday to a decision has been made and official letter will be mailed within 30 days. They most likely mail the letters as they make their decisions, so 1-3 business days per USPS First Class mail turnaround time (depending on where you are located in relation to the campus) - West coast folks will wait longer than East coast folks. Everyone is looking too much into the status changes. They are people (just like you and I) and the admissions process is not a perfect science. Things will happen that are out of the ordinary, and they do not necessarily mean someone is accepted or rejected. You made it this far, and its just a little bit more of waiting. Hang in there!
Hopefully you get good news from LECOM otherwise your username will be weird lol

Hey everyone! I know I'm late but can anyone share the secondary essay if there was one?

Thanks and best of luck!

Hopefully you get good news from LECOM otherwise your username will be weird lol
lol yep, I guess I'll have to change it then or make a new account.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Good luck everyone- it's finally oct 1 so we stand a pretty good chance of getting something in the mail today! Time to start stalking the mailman

Did literally anyone else not choose the October 1st decision?

Can anyone tell me the turn around here from when your primary is sent to when you hear from them? Verified Wednesday and getting excited (and hoping) for some LECOM love

It went from thank you for interviewing to a decision has been made.

Where did you see your status? Did you click "admission" tab and then:"View Admissions Status"?

Mine is shown:
Status
Your application is under review.

I interviewed at end of August.

My portal status changed from "Thank you for interviewing" to "Your Application is under review" this morning. Anyone else change to this status?

Mine is same as you. When did you interview?