Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm actually from Massachusetts! The name comes from the red hot chili peppers song haha, sorry for the confusion!

Not cool! lol, jk haha... Good thing I checked again to clarify because I was gonna run straight home from work during the middle of my RNA extraction to check lol! since I'm from CA :)

Congrats on acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
My inner SDN anxiety is coming out! Those who got letters today= acceptances. Letters tomorrow = waitlist. Lolll jk. And Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! Really happy for you guys!!

Can't say that didn't flicker in my mind.

east coast again no letter :confused: when will they come? :cyclops:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the acceptance letter today in Iowa! Congrats to others who received the letter today!

Accepted! My fourth acceptance so far from my four interviews! I have two more II to go!

Reactions: 1 users
My inner SDN anxiety is coming out! Those who got letters today= acceptances. Letters tomorrow = waitlist. Lolll jk. And Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! Really happy for you guys!!
That's how I'm feeling right now... *panicking* O_O

That's how I'm feeling right now... *panicking* O_O
Alright guys...I'm nervous too but think.- Most times you order something by mail there's a dash between the two numbers for a range of days of expected arrival via USPS...I suspect we're on the dash now. We can't let our nerves get the best of our logic.

Sorry it took so long to reply but im in Cleveland so literally only 1hr:30min away from Erie and mine was also dated for Sep. 30th. And yeah it comes in a regular sized envelope but you can tell big stack of papers folded up. :D

Congratulations on your acceptances to LECOM everyone!!!! Excited to meet you next year :) PM me if you have questions

I'm just curious. Do you think they would waitlist this early/has anyone gotten waitlisted?

@dr.ovo There was someone in one of the earlier posts that interviewed in July that got wait listed a few weeks later. So at least one person has been wait listed. I don't know why theirs was so early though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for letting me know! i must have missed that post :/

BTW, nervous applicants, just remember... the earlier you get your apps in, the earlier you get an interview, and you increase the likelihood of getting in and, god forbid, getting off the waitlist. Keep the faith, folks, app season is really just beginning! I believe in y'all!

Hmm another day with no mail. Has anyone in the NY/NJ area gotten anything yet?

Hmm another day with no mail. Has anyone in the NY/NJ area gotten anything yet?
I live in PA about 2 hours from lecom and I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet (mail already came today).. my portal changed on September 30

Should we attribute this to LECOM not mailing everything at once or just the usual USPS incredible slowness?

Must be lecom's mailing. Of people all over the US have got them and people nearby haven't.

Hopefully there's not some scheme behind the batches like others have mentioned...

I didn't get any mail today either :( I'm in Michigan. I really hope there aren't two groups of letters

Did anyone get their mail? I don't understand what the point of spacing it out would be.

Someone from Iowa got theirs, been looking at a map all day trying to figure out mailing routes :p hahaha

lol I really want to know how Alaska got theirs before PA got them
I am in anxious disbelief

Or there were two batches of letters sent at different times +pissed+

at least now we could stop blaming the mail and the mailman. Could someone call them to clarify the situation since I have already called last week. Since we know that the letters were mailed already, could someone ask if the letters were mailed in different batches?

Last edited:
lol I really want to know how Alaska got theirs before PA got them
I am in anxious disbelief

It was discussed previously...I received my letter via reindeer.

Reactions: 6 users
It was discussed previously...I received my letter via reindeer.
I appreciated the irony!:D I went to high school in Alaska for 9 months, so I know for a fact, they (reindeers) exist there! I have personally met one! :laugh:LOL:hardy:

Last edited:
You're not entitled to know LOL. They won't tell you a thing except that a decision is in the mail! So chill and expect it delivered by Friday.

Also for whoever asked- yes, it's 30 days from THEIR decision, not from the date you receive it to turn in the deposit.

NY, nothing here today. My latest theory is that they sent the letters going further away first so then they'd all arive around the same time regardless of distance from LECOM (though if true it kinda backfired)

Maybe it was sent by alphabetical order ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe Erie sent on one day and seton hill on another this thread is technically for both campuses right? Just some idea ... Positive thinking guys!
Btw no letter today mail already came ... Florida

Maybe it was sent by alphabetical order ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe Erie sent on one day and seton hill on another this thread is technically for both campuses right? Just some idea ... Positive thinking guys!
Btw no letter today mail already came ... Florida
People already got their acceptances from Seton Hill, please, look at the thread above! But I still dig the positive thinking!

I also feel they took care of acceptance letters first because of the 30 days deposit. Then whatever else after since it doesn't matter. Received nothing here in Cali, which is a lot farther than the folks in east coast. If so, future applicants should take note :)

^^^^ Wish i never read that. Anxiety due to logic went up ten fold hahahaha

Attachments

• 1444186008695.jpg
    1444186008695.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 51
How long does it take to find out a decision after my application is placed under review?

 The decision making process can vary depending on the number of applications we have received and how many interview seats we currently have available. The applicant pool continues to become more competitive every year. Some applicants may find that their status has been “under review” for quite some time. In this case, the admissions committee may look favorably on your application but due to competitive applicants and limited interview slots we are unable to offer you an interview at the time of initial review. In this case, your application will remain under review in the hope that we will have more interview seats become available.

So if I have been under review for say sixish weeks, I should assume I'm being "interview waitlisted"? Does that mean I have a good shot of getting an interview or a bad one?

For all of those who interviewed recently, did opt for doing the MMI? Would you recommend it? Thanks!

^^^^ Wish i never read that. Anxiety due to logic went up ten fold hahahaha

to be fair, some people did receive their later on last year but were accepted. never really know I guess.. but the same could be said the other way around.

Did you opt to do the MMI? Would you recommend doing it? Thanks!
I definitely did the MMI, as did everyone else that interviewed the same day that I did. It's a great way to highlight your individual selling points as a candidate for medical school, I highly recommend it

I also feel they took care of acceptance letters first because of the 30 days deposit. Then whatever else after since it doesn't matter. Received nothing here in Cali, which is a lot farther than the folks in east coast. If so, future applicants should take note :)
Yep, nothing in California...I don't understand why other schools just have the decision on the portal, and LECOM wants us to wait to for the mail. Most of us would have paid the deposit online if it just told us on the portal.

Yep, nothing in California...I don't understand why other schools just have the decision on the portal, and LECOM wants us to wait to for the mail. Most of us would have paid the deposit online if it just told us on the portal.

Doesn't make me hopeful here on the east coast. Side note: whybdoes my mail come at 4?! Lol.