Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No mail today, michigan.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright guys the mailman finally got here and I have great news.
My old job sent me two checks they owed me so i'm officially 75$ richer!!!!
ohhhh and no mail from Lecom, hopefully by friday.

Reactions: 2 users
Still nothing here in NY

Has anyone in NY heard? I'm getting worried the neurotic part of my brain is right about accepts going out first, then waitlists.

Anyone who chose the 11/15 decision get a change of status?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm afraid to check my mail since it seems like everyone's theory about wait lists coming later was confirmed. I'm sure I'll be joining you guys on the wait list

I'm going to withdraw my acceptance, so I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 5 users
I really hope we're just all reading too much into this

I don't think accepted/waitlisted/rejected were mailed in separate batches. I think it was on a rolling basis, and USPS is responsible for delays/etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I really hope we're just all reading too much into this
Probably. Only 2 people said they were waitlisted after getting mail today, that doesn't prove anything. The day is still young, I'm on central time and haven't received mail yet. People on the west coast are in the same boat, mail dude probably didn't even get to their house yet. People on the east coast are only just starting to leave work and collect their mail. Panicking won't change the outcome.

Going to quote myself from another thread to give you information on clinical rotations, and then go back to pharm:

LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill

Length at each site: all of 3rd year, 4th year depends on site

How is site determined?: match “lottery” organized by class government. One site reserved for GPA >3.0. GPA <2.5 are "alpha" and go to Elmira, NY or Erie, PA

Do students have to set up their own rotations?: For electives, selectives and family medicine but not other cores.

Freedom to do rotations outside of designated site?: Yes for electives and family medicine. I'm not sure about selectives. Not for cores unless you're military (HPSP).

States/Sites:

Home Hospital: I guess-- Millcreek Hospital/LECOM Health in Erie, PA

Residencies offered: ??? (they exist, I just don't know details)

True Academic University Sites (Residencies): I guess-- Millcreek Hospital/LECOM Health in Erie, PA

Community Sites (Residencies): (a lot of these have residencies but I don't have details offhand)

Pennsylvania:
Allegheny Health Network - Pittsburgh
Aria Health - Philadelphia
Butler Health System - Butler
Clarion Hospital - Clarion
Conemaugh Memorial -Johnstown
Guthrie/Robert Packer - Sayer
Indiana Regional MC- Indiana
Meadville MC - MEadville
Memorial Hospital - York
Millcreek Community - Erie
Penn Highlands - Dubois
Pinnacle Health- Harrisburg
Saint Vincent HC - Erie
Uniontown Hospital - Uniontown
UPMC Horizon - Farrell
Washington HS - Washington

Ohio:
Adena Health System - Chillicothe
East Liverpool - East Liverpool
St. Elizabeth - Youngstown
UHS Cleveland East - Cleveland
UHS Cleveland West - Cleveland

New York:
Arnot Ogden- Elmira
Niagara Falls MMC-- Niagara Falls
Our Lady of Lourdes- Binghampton
Samaritan MC - Watertown
Sisters of Charity - Buffalo
St. John's Episcopal - Far Rockaway
St. John's Riverside - Yonkers
United Memorial MC- Batavia
WCA Hospital - Jamestown

California:
San Diego Regional - San Diego

Michigan:
Beaumont- Trenton

Notables:
--most sites have a mix of hospital-based and outpatient rotations
--many of these sites have associated AOA or ACGME residencies, but I don't have the details and don't want to spread misinformation
--you rank your top six programs and top four schedules (out of 13 options) and student government attempts to balance student happiness with meeting clin ed's requirements
--if your site doesn't have a certain rotation (e.g. several locations don't have psych) you go to Millcreek for that month. Housing is provided.
--our schedules have been organized to have (pro) multiple elective months in the fall of 4th year for audition rotations and (con) a mandatory month in Erie for a geriatrics rotation 3rd year

for those who were waitlisted, what are your stats?

PA. Waitlisted. Letter dated 9/28 (when status changed), but the mailing date wasn't until 10/5.
Sorry to hear that...good luck with the waitlist.

10/5 mailing means East Coast tonight, Mid-West tomorrow, and West Coast Friday.

Anyone with an application under review post interview with a decision or interview date 9/25 w/ decision?

I don't think accepted/waitlisted/rejected were mailed in separate batches. I think it was on a rolling basis, and USPS is responsible for delays/etc.

I hope you're right. Could be that since I interviewed 9/25 mine was mailed later... this really is torturous though haha

I hope you're right. Could be that since I interviewed 9/25 mine was mailed later... this really is torturous though haha
Torturous? lol ... you've been waiting 12 days. Some of us have been waiting since July...

Please... Someone just say they checked the mail and got an acceptance today.. save my soul!

I interviewed 9/25 and my portal changed on the 30th and then I got the waitlist letter today

Ok, I think that all about confirm it.. Which means I'm probably wait listed at the best since no mail today. Looked like they mail out wait list letters 10/5.

damn it lol
so if 3 days ago was acceptances
and yesterday was wait lists
then today looks like it will be rejections ><

Seems like not a lot of out right acceptances...I thought this thread would explode. Double downer with a rejection from another school same day. Heres to hoping on the waitlist.

Accepted! Letter received in the afternoon of 10/7. Be patient, there may be mailing delays and your letter may be coming tomorrow!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Letter received in the afternoon of 10/7. Be patient, there may be mailing delays and your letter may be coming tomorrow!

Congrats! Gives us all some hope! What region are you in?

Accepted to Lecom- Seton Hill, OOS from NY! The letter was dated 9/30 but postmarked 10/5 so that explains the delay. So don't worry everyone even if you haven't heard back yet because letters are still streaming in- good luck!

For those who interviewed, what was the interview day like? Like, a rough schedule. I need to drive to West Virginia that afternoon and would like a little bit of a time frame.

For those who interviewed, what was the interview day like? Like, a rough schedule. I need to drive to West Virginia that afternoon and would like a little bit of a time frame.
Erie or Seton Hill?

why does my mailman always come so frigging late LOL
i'm so tired of stalking him everyday

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlist :/

Anyone know when they start pulling from the waitlist/likelihood of getting off?

If your coming from WV I highly advise coming a day early and just getting a hotel, they range from $60-80 for the night if you call and tell them your interviewing at LECOM. Its definitely better than waking up at 4am to make sure your there by 8. Also if you arrive a day early you can drive around and check out the city so when your interviewing you can talk about it, I did that and they seemed to love it!

lol nevermind I just re-read your post. Your driving toooooo WV after the interview, that make more sense but if I remember correctly I left right around 1pm when I interviewed at Erie. You can leave early around 12 (when you meet with students) but they dont like that, makes it seem like your not really interested.

lol letter dated September 30th and it took them 8 days to get it here.
da hell

Last edited:
S0...nobody that chose the regular decision date has been wait listed or rejected?