Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,

Interviewed on 2/5 and got my acceptance letter three days ago! LECOM Class of 2020! For anyone who is going to ask here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.6
MCAT: 502

FYI: This is proof they aren't just waitlisting everyone right now.......
That is awesome! Congrats man! However I think you were one of the last interview groups while spots were still available. Hopefully we are wrong!

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you all stay for your interviews and how was the hotel?

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal status is now completely blank. No words under the "Status" section for the campus I interviewed at. It doesn't seem to be a glitch because the statuses when I transition to the portal status for the other two campuses remain the same as they had been in the past. Anyone had something similar?

Reactions: 1 user
My portal status is now completely blank. No words under the "Status" section for the campus I interviewed at. It doesn't seem to be a glitch because the statuses when I transition to the portal status for the other two campuses remain the same as they had been in the past. Anyone had something similar?

Same here.

Hi everyone. My secondary application was processed on March 4th. Does anyone know generally how long you have to wait to hear back? Or is anyone else in the same position as me?

Same here.
Me too guys! This is so scary. When did you two interview?

Interviewed 3/10 at SH.

Just came home to a surprise waitlist letter.

Wow I'm sorry about that... I'm on my way home right now. I really hope I dont have a surprise waitlist letter waiting for me.

I had a surprise waitlist letter waiting for me as well. Not sure how to feel :(

It's the friend zone. How do you feel when an attractive person already has a significant other? Not a rejection, so your GPA is cute enough, like a 6-7/10 but LECOM's Boyfriend has such a big MCAT. Look at that confidence. However, That Gunner is a player and gonna leave LECOM for a hot attractive MD school. Thats where we come in.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's the friend zone. How do you feel when an attractive person already has a significant other? Not a rejection, so your GPA is cute enough, like a 6-7/10 but LECOM's Boyfriend has such a big MCAT. Look at that confidence. However, That Gunner is a player and gonna leave LECOM for a hot attractive MD school. Thats where we come in.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hahahaha Thank you for lightening my mood. I am definitely keeping my hopes up!
I got my waitlist letter today too with a blank portal status. My interview was 2/29 at SH.
So far the blank portal thing has happened to 4 of us. On the bright side, our portal never changed to "A decision has been made..." and we didn't go through a week of anxious waiting! #glasshalffull

I'm so glad I've kept up with this thread just for that.

Hey guys! Interviewed on 2/26 and my portal changed to a decision made just now! Fingers super crossed for an acceptance but so far every has been wait-listed. Here is to hope!

Also wondering how long it typically takes to receive your letter once the portal status has changed? Thanks guys!

Also wondering how long it typically takes to receive your letter once the portal status has changed? Thanks guys!
About a week to a week and a half, depending on when they actually mail off the letters. A portal status change doesn't mean it's been mailed.

Hi, to waitlisted and waiting for decision, do you have an ID number on the area that says ID number on your portal? Thanks!

Interviewed 2/15 at seton hill and still no update on portal. Anyone else waiting from around then?

Interviewed 2/15 at seton hill and still no update on portal. Anyone else waiting from around then?
I interviewed there on the same day. I received my letter saying I'm on the waitlist a couple of weeks ago.

Did your status change on the portal?
My admissions status changed saying that a decision had been made prior to receiving my letter, but right now my admissions status is blank for Seton Hill.

Last edited:
I stayed at the Holiday inn express that was supposedly 15 min away according to google, but actually like 7 min, especially since nobody was on the road! it was cheaper than the ones right next to the campus!

interviewed 3/15 at SH for PBL and got a waitlist letter on saturday!

One person I know interviewed at Erie was wait-listed this week but way better than a rejection. I am expecting my wait-list/(hopefully not rejection letter) later this week to arrive. It is killing me! Haven't heard of an acceptances recently for those interviewing after mid February. Here is to hoping for massive wait-list movement.

Last edited:
Looking at the document for LECOM provided by aacom.org for deadline to submit deposit:
• Those accepted January 1 through April 30 will have 14 days
• Those accepted after May 1 will be asked for an immediate deposit and a response by email (probably what we waitlisters are most likely going to get if accepted)
• Latest acceptance date: 7/22/2016 (actually 7/25/2016 based on waitlist letter); Until class is filled

Hi, I'm out of town till sunday and can't access my paper mail till then. I have a blank portal so Im guessing im either rejected or waitlisted.. For those waitlisted, do we need to respond at a certain time regarding our waitlist status? Thanks.

Hi, I'm out of town till sunday and can't access my paper mail till then. I have a blank portal so Im guessing im either rejected or waitlisted.. For those waitlisted, do we need to respond at a certain time regarding our waitlist status? Thanks.
You should have around two weeks from the date stated on the letter.

Interview invite today. 4/29 and 5/6 were available. Sounds like it will be for waitlist spot.

Interview invite today. 4/29 and 5/6 were available. Sounds like it will be for waitlist spot.
Actually you will be interviewing during wait-list movement, it is quite possible you just nail your interview and when the committee meets you could just be a straight acceptance with so much movement going on. In other words, just nail that freaking interview. When I interviewed they said they experience an immense amount of wait-list movement. Congrats on your interview :)

Actually you will be interviewing during wait-list movement, it is quite possible you just nail your interview and when the committee meets you could just be a straight acceptance with so much movement going on. In other words, just nail that freaking interview. When I interviewed they said they experience an immense amount of wait-list movement. Congrats on your interview :)

Oh nice! That's really encouraging.

Congratulations! May I ask when you were complete? Im still waiting to hear from them after submitting my secondary in the beginning of March.

Congratulations! May I ask when you were complete? Im still waiting to hear from them after submitting my secondary in the beginning of March.
Thanks! I was complete around the beginning of February.

I've been complete since November and been silence since....

Reactions: 1 users
Just gave up my slot at seton hill. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 2/26

Wait-listed today.

Haven't heard of anyone interviewing after mid February being accepted directly yet.

Hoping for that wait-list movement.

Reactions: 2 users

I interviewed same day as you and my portal still says "congratulations you have been selected for an interview...."
Nothing in the mail either. Hopefully something happens in the next few weeks...