Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Come one LECOM, the wait is killing me.
I haven't heard a peep yet. By the way love your username
same. No love from Erie. Maybe I should have chosen SH for interview

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone been accepted off the wait list?? Its already a month past when last year's wait list started moving...

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what it means if Amy Rowe sent an email that says you are on "LECOM's short list of next accepts. If you could please email me back and let me know if you are still interested in a seat for LECOM's entering class of 2016" ?

does anyone know what it means if Amy Rowe sent an email that says you are on "LECOM's short list of next accepts. If you could please email me back and let me know if you are still interested in a seat for LECOM's entering class of 2016" ?
That sounds a lot different than what other Erie waitlistees received in regards to wishing to remain on the WL. Did you just receive that email today?

Last edited:
Anyone been accepted off the wait list?? Its already a month past when last year's wait list started moving...

I'm pretty confident the waitlist has started moving at this point. Yesterday there were about 6 new posts specific to the Erie campus about people looking for roommates on the roommate forum, which means the first wave probably went out. Although I don't think anyone on SDN quite yet.

People in previous years got a similar email, and most of them ended up getting a spot. Although some times it still took another month or two. Its not the same as the emails a lot of us got earlier in the year asking if we want to still be on the waitlist.

Last edited:
Reply immediately saying "yes", duh!

I did interview in late april though.

Do you think they are moving backwards in time for the waitlist? Like later people getting pulled first?

I guess that would make sense, as higher stat people tend to apply later in the cycle.

Do you think they are moving backwards in time for the waitlist? Like later people getting pulled first?

I guess that would make sense, as higher stat people tend to apply later in the cycle.

Quite possible. You have to be a stronger applicant to get an interview in April rather than the previous Fall.

Last edited:
Quite possible. You have to be a stronger applicant to get an interview in April rather than the previous Fall.
Doesn't bode well for me...I interviewed early August. Got waitlisted early October...

We just a couple of poor waitlisters, with nobody to love us.

Although, I did talk to a lady who was waitlistered at DCOM in November last year and got pulled last week of June.

Better than a rejection.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just noticed that I had a portal change today! Interviewed on 4/22 in Erie. Hoping for some good news, I love this school! Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of this cycle.

Has anyone who interviewed at SH and got WLed gotten any emails regarding anything about the waitlist?

This process is really starting to frustrate me. Sometimes I feel like it would be better to be rejected outright than be on the wait list so long...Now I have to start re-applying just in case

It says that a decision has been made. Should get a mail notification in the next 30 days

That seems like an extremely long time to wait, especially if it's a waitlist notification.
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I got the same portal change a few months ago and LECOM sent a letter asking whether I would be interested in being on the wait list. However, being so late in the process I don't think they would send another letter and then wait for a response from the applicant...

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I got the same portal change a few months ago and LECOM sent a letter asking whether I would be interested in being on the wait list. However, being so late in the process I don't think they would send another letter and then wait for a response from the applicant...

I foresee a lot of phone calls come July 25-29.

I foresee a lot of phone calls come July 25-29.

Not a bad thing. A life long journey as a walk sometimes requires a jump; following by the sprinting marathon of medical school.

This process is really starting to frustrate me. Sometimes I feel like it would be better to be rejected outright than be on the wait list so long...Now I have to start re-applying just in case

One must have the desire to reapply with earnest nature.

One must be ready to have affairs in order to move or join medical school....

... or sometimes one just does and jump right in and settle such affairs knowing a desire is met.

It is a wild ride. PM if you need MORE than enough confidence and detail to feel you'll be fine :) Not just a keyboard cheerleader... I have some good convo/experience I can boost your motivation in no time at all.

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, but I will be attending LECOM! Has anyone received further information (schedule, first day orientation packet, etc) from the school? I haven't received anything yet and wasn't sure when to expect it since school is about a month away!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, but I will be attending LECOM! Has anyone received further information (schedule, first day orientation packet, etc) from the school? I haven't received anything yet and wasn't sure when to expect it since school is about a month away!

Thanks!
Congrats! Were you pulled off the waitlist by any chance?

Can an accepted student check the FB page to see if there was WL acceptances? It just seems unlikely that not a single SDNer would have been moved. About to submit for this next cycle now. PS gave me some grief because every time I'd open word I somehow found myself staring at the portal's "We've received your confirmation..." or here...

Can an accepted student check the FB page to see if there was WL acceptances? It just seems unlikely that not a single SDNer would have been moved. About to submit for this next cycle now. PS gave me some grief because every time I'd open word I somehow found myself staring at the portal's "We've received your confirmation..." or here...

I mean I guess there has to have been but...damn.

I see 1 added late last wk. SH campus btw. Of course, no idea if that person was a WL accept or just delayed joining class of 2020 FB group. Good luck

For Erie there have been over 20 added in the last week. Don't know how many were off the WL but with that many I would assume at least of couple of them were.

Just noticed that I had a portal change today! Interviewed on 4/22 in Erie. Hoping for some good news, I love this school! Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of this cycle.

Did you find out if you were accepted?

Saw a couple new joining today at SH FB. Not trying to create false hope, just simply reporting. And just a heads up to those accepted to SH, your anatomy text has changed from Gray's to Moore's. Make sure you get the right book. Best

Have you guys tried contacting the school? At this juncture, schools are pretty forthcoming about the kind of rough movement they anticipate. It probably isn't a good idea to ask for individual chances or where you rank of course. But generally speaking, there should be some info to divulge.

All I ever get from the school is something along the lines of

"You can be notified up to July 29th. Blah blah blah. Our waitlist is Not ranked (which it totally is ranked) blah blah blah. Depends on the year how many get pulled blah blah blah. Nothing more you can do but wait at this point blah blah blah."

Accepted off the SH waitlist today!

Interviewed 3/10 at SH, waitlisted 3/30, received blank portal status and surprise waitlist letter 4/4, didn't receive any email correspondence regarding staying on the waitlist, noticed "Admissions Committee made a decision" status change 6/20, received acceptance letter today.

Time to panic and get all that paperwork done in time, but I'm ecstatic!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone with under a 500 MCAT mind sharing if you were accepted and what your GPA was and if there was anything "unusual"/ nontraditional about your app?

Last edited:
I used the AIS system since I had not taken the MCAT yet. I was originally planning on applying this next cycle, but after talking to an admissions officer I went for it with the AIS. I interviewed mid April @ SH and just had a portal change on 6/20 to " a decision has been made". I now anxiously await my letter traveling via the snail mail!!

Reactions: 1 users
Why is SH getting all the action and Erie has no movement. Lecom pls love me.

I used the AIS system since I had not taken the MCAT yet. I was originally planning on applying this next cycle, but after talking to an admissions officer I went for it with the AIS. I interviewed mid April @ SH and just had a portal change on 6/20 to " a decision has been made". I now anxiously await my letter traveling via the snail mail!!

Decision has been made as in acceptance?

Can't believe they would snail mail an acceptance off the waitlist a month before classes start. The clock is ticking and everyday to get situated counts. They need to be spending 30 seconds sending out pre-emptive emails or phone calls...
Yeah, I was quite surprised at the short notice. I'm out of town for the weekend, and my deposit is due at the school this Wednesday, so imagine if I was made aware of the snail mail acceptance on Monday...

I don't know if there are statistics available, but does anyone know if seton hill or erie are easier to get into than the other? Which campus is "easier" to get into? I am applying this current cycle and wanted input.