Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application."
Re read that email- that email was the secondary.
Am I missing something?

Members don't see this ad.

"Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application."

Am I missing something?

Hmm, never mind sorry. I was under the impression there wasn't a screening process on the primaries at Lecom. I'm sure you'll receive one once they review your file.

Am I missing something?

I wasn't aware that there was a prescreen for LECOM, what are your stats if you don't mind sharing? Mine aren't stellar: 3.68 for cGPA/sGPA/26 MCAT and I got the secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't aware that there was a prescreen for LECOM, what are your stats if you don't mind sharing? Mine aren't stellar: 3.68 for cGPA/sGPA/26 MCAT and I got the secondary.

I just got the same email that he did. My stats cCPA 3.88 sGPA 3.82 MCAT 28. I know my MCAT isn't too great but I definitely didn't expect to not receive a secondary. I'm starting to get really nervous

EDIT: should I call admissions to make sure they have everything they need like MCAT scores/ show interest in the school? Or will that not make a difference? Ugh.

Last edited:
I just got the same email that he did. My stats cCPA 3.88 sGPA 3.82 MCAT 28. I know my MCAT isn't too great but I definitely didn't expect to not receive a secondary. I'm starting to get really nervous

EDIT: should I call admissions to make sure they have everything they need like MCAT scores/ show interest in the school? Or will that not make a difference? Ugh.

I got that same email. Stop worrying. 28 MCAT is good.

(I have II at both schools LECOM-E and LECOM-B.) At my LECOM-E interview last week, there were students with lower stats than you. My GPA is even lower than yours.

I would still recommend getting a DO letter for other schools. The average stats for the incoming class this year was 27 MCAT, 3.5 cGPA, and 3.4 sGPA.

That DO letter may significantly help you, so keep trying to get that letter!

I got that same email. Stop worrying. 28 MCAT is good.

(I have II at both schools LECOM-E and LECOM-B.) At my LECOM-E interview last week, there were students with lower stats than you. My GPA is even lower than yours.

Ah thanks, I'm happy to hear you got that email and still heard back from them again! I thought it meant I was receiving a rejection letter in the mail. Thank goodness for sdn during this process :bow:

I think the hold up might be my MCAT reporting. Atleast I hope so.

Ah thanks, I'm happy to hear you got that email and still heard back from them again! I thought it meant I was receiving a rejection letter in the mail. Thank goodness for sdn during this process :bow:

No, you'll get an interview invite probably, provided you also have good EC's. The people at my interviews had good EC's to make up for a lower GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would still recommend getting a DO letter for other schools. The average stats for the incoming class this year was 27 MCAT, 3.5 cGPA, and 3.4 sGPA.

That DO letter may significantly help you, so keep trying to get that letter!
how do you feel about strict food policies such as no water in lectures? And did you talk to any students on your interview day?

how do you feel about strict food policies such as no water in lectures? And did you talk to any students on your interview day?

Yes I did. The no food policies in lectures don't really bother me. I'm a camel, and I never feel the need to eat little snacks throughout the day. The shirt and tie was a little of an annoyance, but I figured that it would just make my wardrobe nicer with more professional clothing.

The students from there seemed to be fine with the school. They didn't seem overly excited about being at LECOM, but they said the education is pretty good there. I spoke to a student who did PBL. He did say that there is so much reading (about 500 pages per exam.) Each semester is equivalent to 42 college credits. LECOM seems to stress on how important it is to have a good study and work habit.

To those of you still waiting on secondaries; when were you verified in Aacomas WITH MCAT scores and everything?

I wouldn't panic just yet, it may be just a matter of LECOM contacting the people who had complete primaries before you.

To those of you still waiting on secondaries; when were you verified in Aacomas WITH MCAT scores and everything?

I wouldn't panic just yet, it may be just a matter of LECOM contacting the people who had complete primaries before you.
Yeah, complete with MCAT scores and LOR's! :(

Nothing... complete silence for me as of right now. Maybe, they're waiting to start assigning interview invites closer to August 20th? At least that is what I am hoping for.

Nothing... complete silence for me as of right now. Maybe, they're waiting to start assigning interview invites closer to August 20th? At least that is what I am hoping for.
The next interview date is July 31st though right?

Well when we interviewed last week they told us that the incoming class was starting this coming week and then the rest the week after that. My guess is they are just busy getting everyone settled and starting classes and then they will start processing applications again. Only 15 of us interviewed so everyone should relax, they still have a lot of interview invites to give out!

Reactions: 1 user
Well when we interviewed last week they told us that the incoming class was starting this coming week and then the rest the week after that. My guess is they are just busy getting everyone settled and starting classes and then they will start processing applications again. Only 15 of us interviewed so everyone should relax, they still have a lot of interview invites to give out!
Would have just been so less stressful to have been in the first batch of interviews lol...oh well, hopefully sooner or later!

which hotels did you use for your interview? and any general advice that you have for me regarding the interview? I am so nervous haha.

Question, is there just a group interview you have to complete? There is no one on one interviews?

Question, is there just a group interview you have to complete? There is no one on one interviews?

Only a group interview. We were told before the interview to just relax and not worry about giving one wrong answer. They told us they were looking to see if we were good at conversing/listening to others. It almost seemed like they were just making sure that people were as good in real life as they were on paper.

Only a group interview. We were told before the interview to just relax and not worry about giving one wrong answer. They told us they were looking to see if we were good at conversing/listening to others. It almost seemed like they were just making sure that people were as good in real life as they were on paper.
That is going to be awesome!:claps:

Perhaps, they filled the 7/31 interview slots pretty quickly? I mean, if you think about it, the first batch of interviews was probably given out to a small group of applicants. Many applicants were still having trouble getting there MCAT scores connected. Therefore, by the time the second wave of secondaries went out there was more applicants. If they are only interviewing 15 applicants at a time, it wouldn't take long for them to fill the slots for the 7/31 date. Therefore, probably some of us haven't even had our application looked at if they are busy.

I know for myself, that I haven't received any emails or phone messages about them reviewing my application. So, unless they have stopped sending out emails and phone messages then I doubt my applications has even been viewed despite, the portal saying it is under review.

Been under review for about a week and no other contact- anyone else?

They may be so busy with the incoming class that they are not even reviewing applications right now. We may have to wait until next week or the week after that it sounds like.

They may be so busy with the incoming class that they are not even reviewing applications right now. We may have to wait until next week or the week after that it sounds like.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Is anyone else interviewing on the 9/4 date? Any recommendations on hotels from the people who have already interviewed? Best of luck everyone :)

Sarahbellum, when did you get in interview invite if you don't mind me asking?

Is anyone else interviewing on the 9/4 date? Any recommendations on hotels from the people who have already interviewed? Best of luck everyone :)

I wouldn't recommend Days Inn. It's one of the cheaper hotels, but spend the extra 20ish dollars to stay at a nicer place.

I don't know why I haven't heard anything back. But, I know that there are several other people on here who have strong stats and haven't heard anything back either. I have received no communication regarding my application, not even an email saying my application has or was being reviewed. So, either I assume my application hasn't been looked at or I just wait to be waitlisted or rejected.

I believe I have relatively good EC's.. They are listed on Page 7 I believe. I'm too lazy to retype them all.

Sorry, they are on page 6

Last edited:
I know earlier on this thread, people were receiving messages from them via phone about their applications being reviewed. Is this still happening with anyone? I haven't received a single message to my phone or my email, besides a confirmation of my secondary being completed (Which I received by email and not the phone).

I know earlier on this thread, people were receiving messages from them via phone about their applications being reviewed. Is this still happening with anyone? I haven't received a single message to my phone or my email, besides a confirmation of my secondary being completed (Which I received by email and not the phone).

I have never received a phone call from them. When I submitted my secondary, they just submitted a thank you for submitting a secondary and then subsequently got an interview invite afterwards.

They didn't even email me to confirm my interview date, nor an acknowledgement that I emailed them confirming the date. LECOM-B at least gave me a response after my confirmation of the interview.

All correspondence from them was via email.