Lake Erie - Seton Hill (LECOM-Seton Hill) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not able to find Lake Erie Seton Hall on AACOMAS(trying to add), I only see Bradenton and the one in Erie. Can someone please me :)

I am not able to find Lake Erie Seton Hall on AACOMAS(trying to add), I only see Bradenton and the one in Erie. Can someone please me :)

Erie and Seton Hill belong under the "Erie" banner. If you read closely, the LECOM-Erie AACOMAS book states this. On the website, however, you simply apply to LECOM-Erie.

edit: The school, if they want to interview you, will decide which campus to invite you to interview for, Erie or SH. Ultimately, on interview day, you list your preferences between the two as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Erie and Seton Hill belong under the "Erie" banner. If you read closely, the LECOM-Erie AACOMAS book states this. On the website, however, you simply apply to LECOM-Erie.

edit: The school, if they want to interview you, will decide which campus to invite you to interview for, Erie or SH. Ultimately, on interview day, you list your preferences between the two as well.
Thanks for the help.

Are textbooks provided for with tuition if you go the pbl route?

Which do you think is a better option, PBL or dsp?

Thanks for the help.

I don't think textbooks are included in the tuition. I am not entirely sure, but I am fairly confident they are not.

I think PBL provides more structure than DSP and am more comfortable with that style of curriculum. DSP, frankly, seems too demanding, but it obviously is working considering its existence. To each their own. For me, PBL is a better option.

On the secondary you can choose Seton Hill as your preference too

Thanks for the help.

Textbooks aren't provided, at least not for Seton Hill PBL. I know LDP in Erie gets e-books (not included in tuition but included in cost-of-attendance), and I'm guessing that also applies to PBL/DSP in Erie but that's pure speculation.

Do they typically not update your portal post-interview? At the other campus my portal switched a couple times based on what was going on in the decision process.

Do they typically not update your portal post-interview? At the other campus my portal switched a couple times based on what was going on in the decision process.

For me, when they sent the letter out it changed to "The Admission's Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail.."

Now it says "Congratulations on your acceptance. We received your fee..."

Reactions: 1 users
Portal messages mean next to nothing. Eventually you'll get letters in the mail. I know it's hard to be patient but hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Anyone staying at the Marriott and interviewing on 11/01?!

Interviewing 12/14 - this is a stupid question, but in the past, years ago, I read that Seton Hill applicants still interview at Erie. Has this changed? on 12/14 I will be driving to SETON HILL correct?

I haven't gotten any info from the school, so just verifying.

Interviewing 12/14 - this is a stupid question, but in the past, years ago, I read that Seton Hill applicants still interview at Erie. Has this changed? on 12/14 I will be driving to SETON HILL correct?

I haven't gotten any info from the school, so just verifying.

You are correct! As in, yes go to Seton Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know if they will have more interview dates available? Right now they only have December 14th :/

Anyone know if they will have more interview dates available? Right now they only have December 14th :/

I was wondering the same... I jumped on it though, worried it was gonna fill up and then I would be interviewing sometime in Jan or Feb. That's blizzard time. lol

I remember seeing interview groups come through as late as April and maybe even May (May was a blur with finals first year and boards studying second year so I'm not 100% sure). More dates will open at some point.

Any tips for the interview day? Doesn't LECOM do the closed book interviews?

Truthfully, I tried to prepare by reading a lot of ethics related scenarios and topics. I also reviewed my own app repeatedly. And despite the time spent doing so, at least in my case, I would say very little translated to anything useful on interview day. Each interview group is different and from what I can gather, the interview group session is intended to flow organically, i.e. each conversation is different from others.

As for tips, I will say--and this was advised to me by current students--to really relax and be calm. Be conversational, but perhaps not too gregarious. Don't always try to speak, but also listen and build off previous comments. I know this sounds general, but I kept these few tidbits in mind and it must have worked considering my acceptance. I would say, ultimately, in regards to the group interview session, that is important to get a feel for your group and try to stand out, but not so obvious at the expense of others (which is what I think I witnessed in my group in a couple of instances).

Good Luck!

edit: also I am not sure we are allowed to reveal if it is open or closed book, but if you know your app well I suppose it would be moot regardless.

Anyone else interviewing at Seton Hill on 12/6 that wants to meet up the day before? :)

Awesome yeah that'd be nice :) And yep i'm flying out of SFO :) Are you coming from CA too??

I'm from FL but there were tons of interviewees from Cali in my interview group![/QUOTE]
Thanks! Hope they like Cali people

Ah no way! That's awesome I fly out Sunday AM though so I get to Pittsburgh by late afternoon. Is there a private message thing or something? Can send you my fb :)

Also yeah i'm glad to see LECOM is really inclusive with OOS applicants!

Hi - I just checked my portal and I have an II (have not gotten an email) and when I try to schedule an interview, none of the dates are open (even all the way to May!!) does anyone know what's up with this? thank you!

I heard the interview was closed-book, but when I got there, one of the interviewers already knew I was from the Greensburg area. They didn't ask us any questions about our academics or experiences, but chances are, they're looking to see the background of the people interviewing.

Hi - I just checked my portal and I have an II (have not gotten an email) and when I try to schedule an interview, none of the dates are open (even all the way to May!!) does anyone know what's up with this? thank you!

I would wait until you get the email and call afterwards if you have any trouble then

Hiw long did everyone wait to hear back after yhe interview

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw on the portal that I got an interview weeks ago and I still have't gotten the e-mail/can't reach the person in charge of sending out the e-mails. I just went ahead and scheduled an interview before getting the e-mail :p But they haven't released the January interview dates, so it's actually only filled up through Dec. but January dates should be available soon :)
I would say just to be safe check that calendar often and even if you haven't gotten the follow-up email just schedule one anyways (bc you can always cancel) because they fill up fast! Not even a week ago I saw two dates in Nov. and two in Dec. and now both are full....

I saw on the portal that I got an interview weeks ago and I still have't gotten the e-mail/can't reach the person in charge of sending out the e-mails. I just went ahead and scheduled an interview before getting the e-mail :p But they haven't released the January interview dates, so it's actually only filled up through Dec. but January dates should be available soon :)
I would say just to be safe check that calendar often and even if you haven't gotten the follow-up email just schedule one anyways (bc you can always cancel) because they fill up fast! Not even a week ago I saw two dates in Nov. and two in Dec. and now both are full....
When I look at Nov and Dec there aren't any dates available for scheduling though!

I still haven't received any info for the interview day for 12/14... and like you said, no one ever emailed me or called saying I got an interview (and no one responds to the emails or calls you make) . Just glad I checked the portal when I did, there was only 1 date left!

I'll call them this week and see if I can get any sort of response. I'm sure they are slammed, but I still need just a smidgen of info on where to go on 12/14 lol...

I still haven't received any info for the interview day for 12/14... and like you said, no one ever emailed me or called saying I got an interview (and no one responds to the emails or calls you make) . Just glad I checked the portal when I did, there was only 1 date left!

I'll call them this week and see if I can get any sort of response. I'm sure they are slammed, but I still need just a smidgen of info on where to go on 12/14 lol...

What is the interview like - is it a group interview or individual? Also, how long does it last so I know when to book my flight home?

Not until 12/14.

You should have gotten an email with the interview invite after your portal change. They also send out a confirmation email about a week before your interview date.

I'd send an email to the student affairs coordinator, Alison Loeckler. Her email is [email protected]

You should have gotten an email with the interview invite after your portal change. They also send out a confirmation email about a week before your interview date.

I'd send an email to the student affairs coordinator, Alison Loeckler. Her email is [email protected]

I just called Seton hill. They said they would send me info in a few weeks. But she told me about the day and what to expect.

Do they send letters to everyone? As in, if you are rejected from this school will they send you a letter to let you know?

My status changed some time between yesterday and today!

Do they send letters to everyone? As in, if you are rejected from this school will they send you a letter to let you know?

My status changed some time between yesterday and today!

Yeah, they will send you a letter. I got mine from Brandenton about ~2 weeks after my portal change, mine was a rejection though. Just email them and ask what the verdict is.

When did you interview?

I interviewed September 7th. I was pretty openly vocal (perhaps to my disadvantage) about my disdain for the fact that you can receive your decision earlier if you pay them $500 (that later goes toward tuition should you get in, I believe). I did not opt to do this. The interview went really well, and I enjoyed the PBL example. I guess time will tell!

I really liked LECOM and hope I did not shoot myself in the foot over something so trivial.

Last edited:
I interviewed September 7th. I was pretty openly vocal (perhaps to my disadvantage) about my disdain for the fact that you can receive your decision earlier if you pay them $500 (that later goes toward tuition should you get in, I believe). I did not opt to do this. The interview went really well, and I enjoyed the PBL example. I guess time will tell!

I really liked LECOM and hope I did not shoot myself in the foot over something so trivial.

They may appreciate the fact that you had the cajonés to stand up for yourself and advocate against the grain.