Larkin's Masters of Science in Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolguy5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed there wasn't a thread for the MS in Biomedical Sciences for this year (fall 2014) and figured I'd make one. If anyone will be attending/thinking about attending, thought this would be a great way to start up some conversations and questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I never heard about this program before until now. I looked into it and am very interested. Do you know when the deadline is? Did you take your MCAt or GRE?

Thanks!

You should submit your app ASAP. Summer semester began yesterday.

As per the MCAT and GRE, I took both and they accept, GRE, MCAT, DAT. I think PCAT and OAT are also acceptable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, this is also new to me. Is this considered a formal/official masters? And if so, are you guys doing it to strengthen your med school app? is there any success stories of students that have taken the program and gotten accepted to med school? Aaaand finally, I heard they are opening a DO school, do you know when that would happen?

Sorry for the multiple questions, I live like 15 mins from Larkins so I'm very excited about this opportunity!

Anybody hear any new information about this program? I got accepted into the summer 2015 term and was wondering if anyone has had any experience in this program and what do you guys think about it?

Hey guys, this is also new to me. Is this considered a formal/official masters? And if so, are you guys doing it to strengthen your med school app? is there any success stories of students that have taken the program and gotten accepted to med school? Aaaand finally, I heard they are opening a DO school, do you know when that would happen?

Sorry for the multiple questions, I live like 15 mins from Larkins so I'm very excited about this opportunity!
Have you attended this school yet? Do you like it?

I was accepted for fall 2015.... Anyone in Larkin or graduate from the masters program?

Hey everyone, can any current students give any insights about the program? Thinking about applying but don't know much, which makes me a little hesitant.

I'm not attending. The dean is gone (the controversial one that started some hub bub here on SDN) and the VP of the school emailed and told me. He was very honest and genuine. He was looking over the apps for the program (they're looking for a new dean still) and told me he didn't think it would benefit me to come. He told me why gpa was good, I already have a PharmD so I have taken most classes and have gotten As, and he brought up the expense of the program. He said for the money, I should invest in MCAT prep, but I really don't need the program- but I can still have my seat if I want it. His name was Gary Levin, PharmD. I was already leaning towards no, but it was really professional of him to be honest about the tuition and my need for the program. He suggested I apply this cycle instead of wasting a year of basically taking out loans and taking classes I already know about (most of them). I suggest emailing the program with your questions directly about your situation- this guys not about money, he's genuine.

Just so you guys know, Larkin is associated with many osteopathic residencies and is considered by many to be a poor training site. The masters is an excuse they've made to build money to create their own osteopathic program.

I have heard this, that's why I wasn't going to attend. But as I said, the VP of LHSI advised me not to come as it would be at waste of 35k. I thought that was upstanding and professional. That was just my experience though.

Edit: the dean causing stir and fishing for students is gone, no reason given, I'm assuming he got the boot. I think they know their name is tarnished and he certainly wasn't helping.