Last 45 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mawgs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to finalize my schedule for this semester (my last semester in undergrad). I took 16 credits the past two semesters and did really well. Fall 2014 was not as strong a semester for me, so I'd like to avoid having those grades a part of my last 45. If I take 13 credits this semester, including a 1 credit pass/fail class, will my last 45 GPA include Fall 2014 because the last 3 semesters would be only 44 graded credits? Or would the one credit pass/fail class count towards the last 45?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to finalize my schedule for this semester (my last semester in undergrad). I took 16 credits the past two semesters and did really well. Fall 2014 was not as strong a semester for me, so I'd like to avoid having those grades a part of my last 45. If I take 13 credits this semester, including a 1 credit pass/fail class, will my last 45 GPA include Fall 2014 because the last 3 semesters would be only 44 graded credits? Or would the one credit pass/fail class count towards the last 45?

Thanks!
This can get confusing (at least for me), and some schools do this differently than other schools. I'd send some emails and ask. As far as I know, pass/fail courses don't count towards a GPA, so I'm not sure if they'd use that course or not.

Usually a 1 credit pass/fail wouldn't count as far as I know.

Definitely check with the school.

Also, "Last 45" is often a quarters thing whereas "Last 30" is the semester equivalent so you might be overshooting it by a lot if you're on the semester system.